Miller diagnosed with concussion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Miller diagnosed with concussion

Just heard on NHL network that R.Miller has suffered a concussion. Has this already been posted?

My concern is how this will affect Milan Lucic. Hopefully he is not disciplined for this, and he does not stop playing with aggression. He's never played better than this current stretch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion

In Response to Miller diagnosed with concussion:
    Just heard on NHL network that R.Miller has suffered a concussion. Has this already been posted? My concern is how this will affect Milan Lucic. Hopefully he is not disciplined for this, and he does not stop playing with aggression. He's never played better than this current stretch.
    Posted by JWensink

Story up on TSN

I don't think there will be any investigation let alone suspension and I'm sure it won't affect Lucic's game, nor should it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

IMHO Lucic will get a few games.

These are plays that give people a reputation(see Matt Cooke)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Bob McKenzie 
    BOS's Milan Lucic has a 1 pm ET hearing tomorrow with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan for his hit on BOS's Ryan Miller.

Hope he gets no games. The penalty was sufficient.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion:
    IMHO Lucic will get a few games. These are plays that give people a reputation(see Matt Cooke)
    Posted by stingerjp

Stop with this.  Its simply not true.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCjuhIuUFE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45csw-_Yqoc&feature=related

Lucic isnt even close to these and I love Probie.  Lucic would have answered the bell.  Yes eventually Cooke did.  But he is a rat.  Lucic will answer the bell everytime.  Cooke picks his spots and knew he had to.  No different than Claude Lemieux. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

IMHO Lucic will get a few games. These are plays that give people a reputation(see Matt Cooke)
    Posted by stingerjp

Ridiculous post!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So because Miller has a concussion now Lucic can get suspeneded ?
    I do agree that Lucic could have avoided contact and maybe should have because Miller was not fair game but to get suspended ?  Have to disagree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Shame on the Sabres medical staff for allowing him to remain in the game while suffering from a concussion.  What happened to the concussion protocol?

Players suspected of having a concussion will be removed from the game and sent to a quiet place free from distraction so they can be examined by the on-site team physician. The physician will use the Sports Concussion Assessment Tool test to evaluate the player. Symptoms include loss of consciousness, motor incoordination or balance problems, a blank or vacant look, slow to get up after a hit to the head, disorientation, clutching of the head after a hit or visible facial injury in combination with another symptom.

In the past, a player suspected of having sustained a concussion would be evaluated by the team's trainer or a doctor in the bench area. If a concussion was suspected, the player was moved to a quieter area for further evaluation.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556289

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

TSNBobMcKenzie   Bob McKenzie   BOS's Milan Lucic has a 1 pm ET hearing tomorrow with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan for his hit on BOS's Ryan Miller. 2 minutes ago Hope he gets no games. The penalty was sufficient.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin

I hope Lucic gets 5 games! He's now put the rest of the team on high alert because he wanted to be an idiot! I like Lucic & what he brings, but I got no tolerence for stupid selfish acts!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion : I hope Lucic gets 5 games! He's now put the rest of the team on high alert because he wanted to be an idiot! I like Lucic & what he brings, but I got no tolerence for stupid selfish acts!!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Maybe Miller stays in the net next time.  Selfish in the playoffs, during the reg season it creates nice drama.   With all the goalie dives I see its nice to know this wasnt a dive. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

So his after game comments were post concussion?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion : Maybe Miller stays in the net next time.  Selfish in the playoffs, during the reg season it creates nice drama.   With all the goalie dives I see its nice to know this wasnt a dive. 
    Posted by shuperman

Oh comon Shupe! Don't be a bobblehead! Miller has to play that puck in that instance. We'll see how you like the drama when one or two of the B's take a cheapshot for this!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Lucic will get a couple/few games for this hit. 

Ppl here may not like the plain facts but i'm calling it as i see it...dirty hit. I think a lot of posts here are somewhat blinded by their loyalty to the home team. 

B's are still my team and i'm still a big Lucic fan but there is no place in the game for these hits.  Looch made no effort to get out of the way and there was contact to the head...What made it a little too much for me is that the hit came after Miller played the puck, not while he played it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This hit while avoidable by Lucic, was worthy of a minor penalty.  A suspension would be an over-reaction on Shanahan's part. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People really need to relax.  A goalie got popped.  The talk is as if Lucic gave an Alberta Pole Axe to the Pope.

Does Miller get fined for swearing in the post game interview?  My virgin ears!

If the same thing happened to Thomas or Rask, I'd have the same point of view.  It was a play for the puck, and the player DECIDED to run the goalie.  He decided to make the hit and take his penalty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Posted by stingerjp

Doubtful, Miller wasn't carried off on a stretcher Savard was.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion : Doubtful Miller wasn't carried off on a stretcher.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

SanDog- i should have been a bit clearer about this.  I did not mean to imply that Lucic is the new Cooke because of this hit.  I do think that a handful of these type of hits will give Looch a bad rep.  I remember him getting a game or two suspension for high sticking vs MTL his rookie season? 

I'm not rooting against the guy. Just think he is too good to resort to this stuff. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion : I'm not rooting against the guy. Just think he is too good to resort to this stuff. Posted by stingerjp

I know and I also think you understand mentioning Cooke in the same sentence maybe was a knee jerk statement. Lucic has to pay the price for not doing a better job of getting out of the way at the last second and there is no way anyone can convince me Milan couldn't have avoided the hit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I review the play a few more times... by the time the puck reached Miller's stick, Lucic was less than 1 body length away and had to make an split-second decision. He took the penalty. I don't think this is anymore dirty than taking a swing at a player you know doesn't want to fight and this happens all the time. It is unfortunate he got hurt, but not deserving of a suspension.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

People are starting to see things that didn't actually happen in the play.

1. Lucic and Miller were both playing the puck, and both saw the other coming. Not blind side. Either of them could've moved to avoid the hit, and both agreed to continue their line and initiate contact. According to the rules, Lucic is not allowed to make deliberate or intentional contact with a goalie (in or out of the crease), and a penalty should be called.

2. When it was clear a hit was coming, Lucic stopped moving his feet. He glided before impact. The fact that it was called "charging" and not simple goaltender interference, as the rule states, was odd.

3. It was NOT a hit to the head. Miller began to lift his arms up, while Lucic dropped his shoulder and made sure contact was body to body. Lucic also changed his angle to make it body to body. He also did not "explode" into Miller, nor did he follow through with his line of checking. He hit, and immediately lifted up and peeled off to minimize damage.

4. Miller acted like he got shot. Seriously. I get the "different body size" and whatnot, but the spin-o-rama was completely disproportional to the hit. I seriously wonder if he was trying to embellish to get a call.

5. The wild swinging of the stick is being ignored. Anyone who intentionally swings his stick at another player when not a play for the puck is supposed to be issued a slashing penalty.

61.1 Slashing- Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

6. Lucic's comments after the game were silly. Should've kept his mouth shut.

7. Guess concussion protocol doesn't apply. We saw it in the playoffs last year and again with Miller. That policy needs to go away or be enforced. One or the other. Again, medical records are not revealed, but I find it fishy the diagnosis came so late, and there was no plan to meet with Lucic until after the diagnosis. He's already "feeling better", and might miss one game. Again, I feel there needs to be protocol. If a concussion is diagnosed, there needs to be "X" amount of calendar days that pass before a player is even eligible to return. Not to be Dr. Recchi here, but I smell a rat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Definitely no suspension for Looch.

Good timing for Miller though, they play the Habs tomorrow night.  He and Patches can catch a movie together afterwards.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Miller diagnosed with concussion : Oh comon Shupe! Don't be a bobblehead! Miller has to play that puck in that instance. We'll see how you like the drama when one or two of the B's take a cheapshot for this!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Does he really have to play that puck.  Guess he should have been faster.  I know you are protecting the goalies frat.  But goalies love to flop it up all the time. 
    If TT can do this why are goalies sacred.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69lp5f0F5aU
    You likely thought it was ok and cheered it.  Goalies are soft and weird. 

Goalies wanna go racing for a puck that is open to anyone then they should be run more. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

No head shot.
    No intent to injure.
    NO SUSPENSION.
    Lucic did something that is a 2 minute penalty, according to the rule book.
    Is the league going to start suspending people for hooking and tripping infractions?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think he deserves a suspension but this is a great way for the league to avoid a mess in Buffalo in next week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't think he deserves a suspension but this is a great way for the league to avoid a mess in Buffalo in next week.
    Posted by kelvana33

what a passionate hockey game.  yeah lets get rid of that...maybe they can have a group hug before the game.

Sections
Shortcuts