Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Miller

Liking this guys game , loved the way he manhandled Brown today, It appears the the Bruins have some real nice depth on D .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Miller

He was the last guy cut at camp, and everyone was surprised given how well Trotman had played and Spooner's season last year.  They must have seen him as what he's showing he can be - a strong, reliable D in the Seidenberg mould.  Not DS yet, but that's the kind of player he's shaping up to be.  Very impressed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Miller was solid college player at UVM where he was team Capt for two seasons.  He's proved to be a good signing providing solid depth.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's a very good defender and the kid is alot tougher than I expected him to be. Fighting and physical wise. Only hing for me is, he has no offense whatsoever to his game. I don't need him to challenge Subban and Karlsson but I'd like if the defenseman had some offensive skill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a very good defender and the kid is alot tougher than I expected him to be. Fighting and physical wise. Only hing for me is, he has no offense whatsoever to his game. I don't need him to challenge Subban and Karlsson but I'd like if the defenseman had some offensive skill.

[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if he did, but I think on this years squad, we have plenty of guys on the backline that do. He's plays a good safe, tough game. Hope he sticks around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

He is one of four D RFAs after this season along with Krug, Bartkowski and Trotman. Miller's sample size is too small right now, but if things continue to trend upward for him, it's forseeable that he could displace McQuaid, similiar to how Adam made Stuart expendable. I doubt that McQuaid is going anywhere this year because of his injuries and the fact that his skill set/role is only really matched by the rookie Miller, but you can see that reasonably happening in the future.

They're similar in age but play opposite sides. The question for the team is whether Miller is a suitable replacement and what will his next deal be worth juxtaposed to the $1.56 McQuaid is making this year and next before turning UFA.

The team could do a lot worse than having two reliable youngish bruisers on the backend to spell the more offensively-minded guys, but I wonder about McQuaid's future. They both would have a place on my team because guys whom I don't have to worry about in the bottom pairing with low cap hits are what help flesh out a competitive roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was the last guy cut at camp, and everyone was surprised given how well Trotman had played and Spooner's season last year.  They must have seen him as what he's showing he can be - a strong, reliable D in the Seidenberg mould.  Not DS yet, but that's the kind of player he's shaping up to be.  Very impressed.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%,  i think the more he plays the better he will get!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

He is actually a good partner for Chara since he stays at home and provides solid defense. The Kings did what every other team is doing by crunching Krug at every opportunity. Thankfully Lucic set them straight, and Krug played through the roughness and showed his goal scoring forte. I prefer Bartkowski's all around game, which he is still learning, but his speed, passing[ usually] are positives in breaking out from the defensive zone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This literally might have been my favorite play of the game.  Especially since it was Brown -- a guy with a long history of edgy, brutal hits.  Totally clean hit and it served a direct purpose too.  I can't believe he got up.  Looked like he pretty much hammered the back of his head on the dasher.  

A total "I belong here" hit from Miller on the Captain.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really didn't like Brown's antics yesterday.  Did anyone else notice his leg wraps after getting rocked both times.  Cheap, Dirty, sneeky move that can seriously hurt someone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This literally might have been my favorite play of the game.  Especially since it was Brown -- a guy with a long history of edgy, brutal hits.  Totally clean hit and it served a direct purpose too.  I can't believe he got up.  Looked like he pretty much hammered the back of his head on the dasher.  

[/QUOTE]

Loved this hit , Brown gets destroyed by a clean hit , Miller doesnt need to be any more than steady Eddie , he keeps playing like this , how can the Bruins not keep him in the lineup 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I hope Miller is getting comfortable. His hitting yesterday hinted as much.

Now he must learn to lean heavy against opposing forwards, and we'll have a serviceable replacement for Seidenberg.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

That hit was great but just shy of interference, however,I like Millers game,

• bsfannny
    • Miller's sample size is too small right now

Hes 6 ft 2 and 210, thats a decent size and anyone that can hit like boychuk, fight like mcquaid and smart llike seids, well i think hes a perfect fit for a bruin, im betting PC has got alot of calls.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If Miller continues this kind of play. The need for a DS fill in won't be necessary. Can he kill penalties, block shots & play 25-28 mins a night, every night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a Brown on my hockey team any day, everyday! He could've been a difference maker in 2012 against the Caps if LA would've parted with him when PC wanted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20132014,2,739&lang=en

That's one thing that I have noticed about Brown is that he still tends to go for the knee to knee, like he did earlier in his career. I will say this about Brown - when I go to Staples, I can't take my eyes off of his away-from-the-play-positioning. I actually think to myself, when he jumps over the boards, how I fear for the other teams forwards. Brown is the boss when he is on the ice...usually.

That's what I like about Miller, he doesn't care about who he is up against. He has made Bartkowski expendable and Matt the chip that will bring in a Seidenberg replacement now that he has taken over as the 7th Dman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give me a Brown on my hockey team any day, everyday! He could've been a difference maker in 2012 against the Caps if LA would've parted with him when PC wanted.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, never said I wouldn't want him on my team.  I think he's a beast.  All over the ice and a complete skill set.  He's awesome.  All the more reason why I loved our Providence defensemen flattening him in a close game.  Ditto to Sandog's thoughts above.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Don't be surprised if Miller is the chip, SanDog.  Bartkowski has always been the expendable one; he was the guy on the way out for Iginla, and although Bartkowski might be Krug's equal overall, Krug's impact on the PP means they're not likely to move him.  Miller may have displaced him there, too, as the most attractive D prospect that they're willing to move for help.  And if you're getting a Seidenberg-type D, then you're sort of replacing Miller in the lineup anyway, aren't you?

They'll need to move someone between now and next year one way or another in part because of the RFA thing.  They should be able to just qualify Trotman, but the others will be on NHL deals - mostly at reasonable money, I'd think - and that would give the Bruins 8 D on NHL deals.  At least 1 too many, and maybe 2 if you think Trotman looks like an NHL player and a fit for taht usual 7th D role.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Miller developing well............kickin azz

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Krug, Hamilton and Boychuk fill the Bruins offensive minded needs on the blueline. Chiarelli's comment "Miller will not go back down again" spoke volumes to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to discount the idea that he's here for good on merit, but wasn't that "next time he's recalled, he's staying in Boston" comment to do with the fact that the next game Miller played - at that time - would put him over the limit and require him to pass through waivers before being sent back down?  And the way he plays, he'd probably be claimed.  LA might take him just to protect their captain.

Dustin Brown is a great player.  He'll never score 30 again, but you win with guys like Brown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, never said I wouldn't want him on my team.  I think he's a beast.  All over the ice and a complete skill set.  He's awesome.  All the more reason why I loved our Providence defensemen flattening him in a close game.  Ditto to Sandog's thoughts above.

[/QUOTE]

OK, Fletch my bad buddy. I mis-understood what you were saying. And I'll be honest...If somebody would've bet me a $100 bucks that if Milller & Brown ever collided who would get the best of who? I would've said I'll put $200.00 on Brown. Never knew Miller had that in him at all. Liked his game, but loved it yesterday. 

Sections
Shortcuts