Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=montgaz-ca-6021534

I never thought I'd ever read an account like this about their supporters, they of the 10,000 protesters last year regarding Chara's non-suspension re Pachioretty and being frothing at the mouth mad over L'affaire Cunneyworth this season.  Times have changed in Montreal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring

brings a warm feeling to my heart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring:
    [QUOTE]brings a warm feeling to my heart.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Bruinfan - I hear you.  Also not losing any sleep.  Still, I thought those guys would stick with their team no matter what - even with the Gong Show they have going on over there. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring : Bruinfan - I hear you.  Also not losing any sleep.  Still, I thought those guys would stick with their team no matter what - even with the Gong Show they have going on over there. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Even the most die hard fan would get tired of that circus, when they're winning a fan can stand it, when the team stinks due to terrible mismanagement(Gainey & Gauthier) it's easier to bail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring : Even the most die hard fan would get tired of that circus, when their winning a fan can stand it, when the team stinks due to terrible mismanagement(Gainey & Gauthier) it's easier to bail.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

50 - Can you recall a time when a local media seemed to have such pull on an organization the way the Montreal press appears to exert?  That was quite the headline of "Another Loss For Cunneyworth" some weeks back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

rho- its sad really, other than reporting on the game or on the team, media and for that matter politics have no place in sports,imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Canadien fans are in the fifth and final stage of grief: Acceptance.

I look forward for the comeback though.  The league is a better place when the Canadiens are in the mix (did I just write that?!).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Canadien fans are in the fifth and final stage of grief: Acceptance. I look forward for the comeback though.  The league is a better place when the Canadiens are in the mix (did I just write that?!).
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    I don't miss them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring : Even the most die hard fan would get tired of that circus, when they're winning a fan can stand it, when the team stinks due to terrible mismanagement(Gainey & Gauthier) it's easier to bail.

50 - As much as I dislike the team you're right.  It's not something Hab fans are used to. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]rho- its sad really, other than reporting on the game or on the team, media and for that matter politics have no place in sports,imo.

Well said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

We've been down this road to. Alot more than Canadien fans ever had to deal with. we've had the luxury to fall back on the the Celts,Pats, and Red Sox to fall back on when the bruins lacked. Can't beleive they'll stink like this for very long.Getting the right players in place is the hardest part of their puzzle. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I will not lose sleep but definelty sleep better they beat Toronto yesterday. Now the fans will change their minds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

After taking years of abuse from Canadien fans...Sorry you get no sympathy from me. here's hoping to many years mired in the basement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]After taking years of abuse from Canadien fans...Sorry you get no sympathy from me. here's hoping to many years mired in the basement.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Beez - We know if the situation were reversed right now there would be no tears shed for the Bruins - especially from Montreal.  Probably be the usual derision.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Canadiens Fans Have Stopped Caring : Beez - We know if the situation were reversed right now there would be no tears shed for the Bruins - especially from Montreal.  Probably be the usual derision.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I especially enjoy watching this gong show that is now the Montreal Canadiens...some of my hab buddies are admittedly very envious of the success of the Black and Gold, what with winning the Cup, having a future Star in Tyler Seguin, to go along with all the other young talent on this team...not to mention Dougie Hamilton!.....so yah, these are good times for us Bruins fans. I'm going to enjoy the ride. Sucks to be a Hab fan right now....too bad so sadWink