Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black"

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/montreal-gazette-edits-column-claiming-tim-thomas-snubbed-193620772.html
    If the Montreal Gazette wasn't a rag before I declare it one now.  This Jack Todd bricktop needs readers that bad as to go to this length?  Stirring the pot is one thing but this is outrageous. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black"

Jack Todd is a slug, and we thought KPD was bad. Todd's a hatemonger.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black"

Obama is white, for the record...:-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've read this guys work and it is terrible. Pretty bold statement to make, one any respected journalist would not write unless he heard the the words come out of TT's mouth, which i doubt. I'd be willing to bet he'll be getting a call from one of TT's representatives and you'll see a retraction. Unless you have a quote, i would stay away from it, but Mr. Todd is getting what he wants, which is publicity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black":
    [QUOTE]Obama is white, for the record...:-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

No he was half black when he ran, 100% black when he won. Not sure how that works.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black":
    [QUOTE]Obama is white, for the record...:-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

True. (The half that can't jump. :^)  I'd never heard of this goof before but I hope he takes some serious heat for this.  If Montreal hockey fans want to storm the gates of somewhere other than The Bell Centre when they feel slighted by some perceived injustice against their team they should try the Gazette.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Didn't Todd's car get trashed in Philly a couple of years ago? Todd was covering the Flyer/Hab playoff series and found his car vandalized in the parking lot after the game. At least i think it was him, ah i'll take a page out of Todd's book and say it even if it didn't happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I just checked,it was Pat Hickey.Should have known, Todd wouldn't leave his basement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I've read this guys work and it is terrible. Pretty bold statement to make, one any respected journalist would not write unless he heard the the words come out of TT's mouth, which i doubt. I'd be willing to bet he'll be getting a call from one of TT's representatives and you'll see a retraction. Unless you have a quote, i would stay away from it, but Mr. Todd is getting what he wants, which is publicity.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

kel - If so mission accomplished.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I hear that Todd beats little children, hates kittens and leaves the toilet seat up. I have nothing to substantiate this, but I'll go ahead and put it in writing, then assume if he doesn't specifically deny the charges, then they must be true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I hear that Todd beats little children, hates kittens and leaves the toilet seat up. I have nothing to substantiate this, but I'll go ahead and put it in writing, then assume if he doesn't specifically deny the charges, then they must be true.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I once heard he ripped the tag off of a mattress, does not rinse and repeat like it says on the bottle, kicked a puppy and refuses to shake the carton of orange juice before serving!!!!...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : I once heard he ripped the tag off of a mattress, does not rinse and repeat like it says on the bottle, kicked a puppy and refuses to shake the carton of orange juice before serving!!!!...

The bounder!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The bottom of any desk he sits at needs to be checked for used chewing gum and boogers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Do you expect something positive in the Mtl papers on any Bruins players ???

They made such a big story out of this and I have not heard one single positive comments about TT ...except one I should say ...in the Journal de Montreal (french paper) there was a paper this morning saying that Thomas was right ..the author was saying that TT supports the ''Occupied Wall St '' 
    Who cares about the reasons ...who cares other thant the Mtl fans who would love to see some bad chemistry in the B's dressing room ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

To be fair, a large percentage or liberals and liberal journalists in the US automatically call people "racists" when they are found to be conservative.  This sort of venom is SOP in this country.

I absolutely guarantee there are many people in the US, including New England that now believe TT is a racist for absolutely no good reason other than the fact that he took a strong conservative public stand.

PS: The Gazette deserves credit for scrubbing that ridiculous accusation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]To be fair, a large percentage or liberals and liberal journalists in the US automatically call people "racists" when they are found to be conservative.  This sort of venom is SOP in this country. I absolutely guarantee there are many people in the US, including New England that now believe TT is a racist for absolutely no good reason other than the fact that he took a strong conservative public stand. PS: The Gazette deserves credit for scrubbing that ridiculous accusation.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I hear ya SoxFan, but it has to get past the editor first, so it goes in, they sell papers, get web site hits, then take it down after the outcry...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hey look!  Another thread about Thomas and the White House!

Give me a $%^&*&^%$ BREAK!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : I hear ya SoxFan, but it has to get past the editor first, so it goes in, they sell papers, get web site hits, then take it down after the outcry...

kel - If this guy wants to be outraged by something perhaps his next column should be centered on something closer to home.  For example Scott Gomez's last goal was Feb. 3 of last year so he's approaching a dubious anniversary.  (Just heard it during RogerSportsNet's hi-lites of the Habs/Buffalo game.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : No he was half black when he ran, 100% black when he won. Not sure how that works.

After doing some research on the tearm I used it have now removed it due to the fact it is seen by many to be a highly offensive or racial term

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : He is an oreo half black half white
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you didn't get it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : He is an oreo half black half white

LUCIC...What's up with that, man?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You sound like a fool. That's incredibly innappropriate. Save it for your Klan meetings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : You sound like a fool. That's incredibly innappropriate. Save it for your Klan meetings.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I have never nor will I attend something of that nature. Or is an american mut more aprorpiate for you guys? After all 90% of are some kind of mix.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Hey look!  Another thread about Thomas and the White House! Give me a $%^&*&^%$ BREAK!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

It's more about the writer not the played out WH thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette Edits Column Claiming Thomas Snubbed White House "Because Obama Is Black" : LUCIC...What's up with that, man?
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Don't know whats wrong with the term would bla-white be better? Obama's grandmother was white I know this because he told us all one time " she was a typical white person"