Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close

According to the Journal de Montreal (www.journaldemontreal.com), NYR have offered Fwd Brandon Dubinsky, Fwd Christian Thomas, Def Dylan Mc Ilrath, and 2012 first round draft pick for Rick Nash.

Article says Columbus wants def Michael Del Zotto or Ryan Mc Donough included but GM Glen Sather has said no.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close

In Response to Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close:
    According to the Journal de Montreal ( www.journaldemontreal.com ), NYR have offered Fwd Brandon Dubinsky, Fwd Christian Thomas, Def Dylan Mc Ilrath, and 2012 first round draft pick for Rick Nash. Article says Columbus wants def Michael Del Zotto or Ryan Mc Donough included but GM Glen Sather has said no.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

I don't know much about Thomas, Mc Ilrath and that first is going to be very late in the round..

Could this be another possible JT style trade where all CBJ winds up with is Dubinsky for a few years?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

God I hope the rangers get screwed in this deal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close:
    God I hope the rangers get screwed in this deal
    Posted by Tuckerw3

I hear ya! How great would it be if they get nash , upset their chemistry and start dropping games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So 2 prospects and one roster player center who's scored 6 goals plus a late first round pick for Nash.

Somehow that doesn't sound right.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

how is it close?  it's just a proposal?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if that's the best Howson can get for the franchise guy he'll be tarred-and-feathered at center ice....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

So 2 prospects and one roster player center who's scored 6 goals plus a late first round pick for Nash. Somehow that doesn't sound right.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Ya I agree. Not the biggest fan of Mcilrath, I'd much rather want Tim Erixon, I think he's gonna be a very good player in a few years. Don't blame Howson for not wanting to settle for anything less than 1 of Del Zotto or McDonagh, both solid players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close : Ya I agree. Not the biggest fan of Mcilrath, I'd much rather want Tim Erixon, I think he's gonna be a very good player in a few years. Don't blame Howson for not wanting to settle for anything less than 1 of Del Zotto or McDonaugh, both solid players.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

I would want BOTH Del Zotto and McDonaugh for Nash and probably more.
    *GOOD* roster player(s) and prospects.

If that's what it takes to get him, then for sure Rask and a prospect gets it done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In response to "Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close":
    In Response to Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close : I hear ya! How great would it be if they get nash , upset their chemistry and start dropping games. Posted by MDsizzle
    Or similar to the Thornton deal here how it lead to cap space that lead us to a big free agent signing(Chara) and eventually a Stanley cup. I'll be rooting for the jackets after this and hopefully one of the prospects they get ends up being a stud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

I'll be rooting for the jackets after this and hopefully one of the prospects they get ends up being a stud..............and gets traded like nash. Sounds like the A's.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Carter to LA Kings proposal will essentially end the Nash dealings.  I hope the Rangers bite the deal for Nash, but not for the pieces mentioned.  GMs are not that stupid.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

CBJ has to deal with a team with a young good goalie, and a Top 6 forward to make the deal.  They would love Rask and a package from Boston -- I hope the Bruins don't bite.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Not a good deal for Columbus. They get nothing in that deal. Dubinsky doesn't score. Mc Ilrath is overrated. I'd want Kreider over Thomas. I've heard that Columbus wants Kreider and they should hold out for him. If the Jackets make this trade, they should move them to Kansas City or Quebec tomorrow

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

If Rask seems to be such a big part of a deal with Boston. Why don't we hear Biron's name thrown about? Either way -- having to deal with Ranger fans on a daily basis here in Jersey -- I can only hope that if they get Nash -- they give up a ton and upset the chemistry of the way too hot Ranger team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Well, if he got Jack Johnson and a 1st round pick for Jeff Carter, I'd say this deal is a no go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If Rask seems to be such a big part of a deal with Boston. Why don't we hear Biron's name thrown about? Either way -- having to deal with Ranger fans on a daily basis here in Jersey -- I can only hope that if they get Nash -- they give up a ton and upset the chemistry of the way too hot Ranger team.
    Posted by zamboni24

So true, and that is what will happen.

The Rangers will go backwards. Better them than us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

it's delusional to think that adding a player of Nash's calibur will cause them to go backwards. Completely untethered to reality.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

it's delusional to think that adding a player of Nash's calibur will cause them to go backwards. Completely untethered to reality.
    Posted by Olsonic

Delusional? Think again, buddy. With what they have to give up - think a third time.

And think a fourth time with this: Nash has been a minus player since his junior hockey years. His teams have had no playoff success, ever, including junior.

Can you catch the drift? What success has he had? Besides going to the bank.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Posted by zamboni24

Because Biron is a 34 year old nobody career backup and Rask is a young, potentially franchise goalie?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close : So true, and that is what will happen. The Rangers will go backwards. Better them than us.
    Posted by Wheatskins

I dount it will happen, but I'd like to see Nash come here just so he can prove you worng. All you see is stats in the minus category.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Newspaper: Nash to Rangers deal is close : Delusional? Think again, buddy. With what they have to give up - think a third time. And think a fourth time with this: Nash has been a minus player since his junior hockey years. His teams have had no playoff success, ever, including junior. Can you catch the drift? What success has he had? Besides going to the bank.
    Posted by Wheatskins

I'm sorry, I just think you're off your rocker on this one Wheat.. I'm sure I get off my rocker on other things, but there is absolutely no way that Nash goes to the Rangers and becomes a negative player... he's going to be surrounded by the perfect system for his skills (just like in boston) and he will thrive.

but again, I have been calling pretty much everyone who disagrees with me delusional... so hopefully he gets traded and we can see where the dust settles :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Think about how Nash was in the Olympics, and how he performs on a terrible Columbus team, then split the difference. I'd take that on my team any day.

Sections
Shortcuts