Montreal Police hand Chara file to Prosecutor to decide on any charges

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

Re: Montreal Police hand Chara file to Prosecutor to decide on any charges

In Response to Re: .  No where do I see that the probation was reduced by x number of months because of "time served" by being suspended for 23 games. Fines and suspensions by the NHL carry no weight in the legal system.

This is not difficult to understand, so come along for the ride.
    Chara was not suspended because the NHL deemed there was no intent to injure. But he did break MP`s neck. If you intend to, and do breaks somones neck, you go to jail. Anyone dissagree.
     The law generally stays away from violence in pro sports because the leagues police themselves. The NHL sucks at that, so the players forfeit thier immunity.
    Thats how fines and suspensions carry weight in the Canadian legal system. We call it due dilligence. The NHL lacks it, so the players are more vulnerable to legal action.
    There, we`re home now.
    Now please tell me, who shot JFK. C`mon, I know you know. Just look at the way you`ve all disected the hit. You must have had the JFK thing figured out ages ago. C`mon, I just gots to know!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Police hand Chara file to Prosecutor to decide on any charges:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: .  No where do I see that the probation was reduced by x number of months because of "time served" by being suspended for 23 games. Fines and suspensions by the NHL carry no weight in the legal system. This is not difficult to understand, so come along for the ride. Chara was not suspended because the NHL deemed there was no intent to injure. But he did break MP`s neck. If you intend to, and do breaks somones neck, you go to jail. Anyone dissagree.  The law generally stays away from violence in pro sports because the leagues police themselves. The NHL sucks at that, so the players forfeit thier immunity. Thats how fines and suspensions carry weight in the Canadian legal system. We call it due dilligence. The NHL lacks it, so the players are more vulnerable to legal action. There, we`re home now. Now please tell me, who shot JFK. C`mon, I know you know. Just look at the way you`ve all disected the hit. You must have had the JFK thing figured out ages ago. C`mon, I just gots to know!     
    Posted by Canadien175[/QUOTE]
    Thats just it, i don't think Chara " intended " to break MP's neck. As far as JFK, personally, i think Claude Ruel was the gunman on the grassy knoll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Police hand Chara file to Prosecutor to decide on any charges:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: .  No where do I see that the probation was reduced by x number of months because of "time served" by being suspended for 23 games. Fines and suspensions by the NHL carry no weight in the legal system. This is not difficult to understand, so come along for the ride. Chara was not suspended because the NHL deemed there was no intent to injure. But he did break MP`s neck. If you intend to, and do breaks somones neck, you go to jail. Anyone dissagree.  The law generally stays away from violence in pro sports because the leagues police themselves. The NHL sucks at that, so the players forfeit thier immunity. Thats how fines and suspensions carry weight in the Canadian legal system. We call it due dilligence. The NHL lacks it, so the players are more vulnerable to legal action. There, we`re home now. Now please tell me, who shot JFK. C`mon, I know you know. Just look at the way you`ve all disected the hit. You must have had the JFK thing figured out ages ago. C`mon, I just gots to know!     
    Posted by Canadien175[/QUOTE]

McSorley broke Brashear's head and got 18 months probation. 

And intent was clear.

Using that as a guideline, Chara should get - nothing.

The world of professional sports certainly have a different standard. 

And there is provision under the law for this, the participants aknowledge the risks involved and accept the inherent risks.

If your neighbor's bull got out of its pen and stomped on you, you would sue and that animal would be put down.
    And this happens in professional bull riding all the time.

If you get mad at the neighbor with the bull and punch him in the head and kill him, you go to jail.  Yet this has happened in professional boxing a few times.

If you drive your car at 180 mph or 320 kph and hit another driver, you would be in a LOT of trouble. 
    This happens all the time in professional motor sports.

And Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.  Plain and simple, cut and dried, done.

Max Pac was injured incidental to a hockey play.  Plain and simple, cut and dried, done.

By your standards, Stamkos should have Boychuk jailed for the puck he took to the face.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1AQu2h58w

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Sports violence & the law.

http://sportslaw.uslegal.com/sports-violence/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Police hand Chara file to Prosecutor to decide on any charges:[QUOTE]Sports violence & the law. http://sportslaw.uslegal.com/sports-violence/ Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

In lies a very important statement "Bertuzzi stalked" in that case. In the Bengals appeals ruling there was no stalking. Rome knew he had Horton dead to rights not watching the puck, Chara was watching the puck and the play ahead of him not aware of the stanchion.

Sections
Shortcuts