Montreal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Montreal

Lately, I have started to welcome the idea of Montreal in the first round anyone else like this matchup?  They seem to have nothing, Price can't carry them anymore, the injuries, lack of offence...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Montreal

They still need to make the playoffs Bailey. If they keep playing like they did last night against Carolina they may find themselves on the outside looking in. The Hurricanes just picked them apart....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Very true, I was just thinking that :) Its going to a crazy finish

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'll always love the habs in a series. can it really get any better than that? since 88 the b's have had the best of them in playoff series, not to mention a sweep in their last meeting. these are not your fathers habs. those crazyily scewed numbers were from pre-'88. also, miller and lundqvist are scary good, rather not see them at all. price looks shaky right now- bring on the habs- go b's 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

true... the only thing better than beating the habs, would be them collapsing and not making the playoffs!!! the thought of it brings a smile to my face.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

yah, i just have nightmares back when we lost a few playoff rounds to them and putting them out of the playoffs is almost as sweet as Lord stanley's cup

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

They've shut it down.  The only concern with them is making the playoffs now.  Ther're still dangerous.  Price is more than capable, they can still out skate the B's.  Not a cake walk by any means.  That said, there is no cake walk.  Look for the best overall match up.  I'm thinking the Sabers. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Much rather face the Habs than either New York or Buffalo. With the advent of the Kelly/Peverly/Seguin line the Habs are no longer able to "outskate' the Bruins, plus the natural emotion should bring out the best in all Bruins players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Why does everyone say that the Habs are soooooo much more skilled than the B's? They might have a slight edge in speed and being able to stickhandle, but that's debatable, and even if true, the gap is marginal at best.

Gomez vs. Krejci (Krejci wins)
    Gionta vs. Horton (Tie; though I like Gionta's style better)
    Camelleri vs. Lucic (Very different skillsets, but I'll take Lucic)
    Plekanek vs. Bergeron (Girlish forward or defensive stalwart?)
    Kostitsyn vs. Seguin (No brainer)
    Desharnais vs. Peverly (Best case for Habs is a tie, though still evaluating Pev)
    Pouliot vs. Marchand (Bust vs. pleasant surprise)
    Eller vs. Wheeler (I think you see what point I'm making with this...)

The rest of the Re-Habs are not "skilled" players, either:
    - Moen
    - Pyatt
    - White
    - Halpern

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

z posted his apology to miracle max on youtube ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO0mEG5gwVQ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Carolina is 5 points in behind them with 5 games left....so if they win out (10 points) and the habs get 4 points out of their remaining 4 games, the habs still make it. Even if the canes play awesome and win 4 out of 5 and the habs lose every game but get points in two of them they still make it. however the habs are the team i want to play. Miller is always an x factor (i think hes better than price), and the rangers are just flat out scary. Truth be told if they stay healthy I see the bruins coming out of hte eastern conference, they are the most balanced playoff team (pitt could be scary once sid comes back too however)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal:
    Why does everyone say that the Habs are soooooo much more skilled than the B's? They might have a slight edge in speed and being able to stickhandle, but that's debatable, and even if true, the gap is marginal at best. Gomez vs. Krejci (Krejci wins) Gionta vs. Horton (Tie; though I like Gionta's style better) Camelleri vs. Lucic (Very different skillsets, but I'll take Lucic) Plekanek vs. Bergeron (Girlish forward or defensive stalwart?) Kostitsyn vs. Seguin (No brainer) Desharnais vs. Peverly (Best case for Habs is a tie, though still evaluating Pev) Pouliot vs. Marchand (Bust vs. pleasant surprise) Eller vs. Wheeler (I think you see what point I'm making with this...) The rest of the Re-Habs are not "skilled" players, either: - Moen - Pyatt - White - Halpern
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

Totally agree with this. I always hated that skill vs. brawn generallization which is really just a carryover from the 70's. The reality is that at this moment in time the B's are more talented then the Habs at every position and they have the physicality weapon in their arsenal as well. The only thing Montreal had was their speed which has been somewhat neutralized by the Kelly/Peverly acquisitions and increasing icetime of Seguin. 

This has been a false dichotomy for some time now..... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the Capitals were also licking their chops a year ago and how did that turn out?....

the b's have beat the habnots a grand total of 3 times the last two years combined....  not a good omen, not to mention their past history....

be careful what you wish for....

that said, there's nothing more satisfying than to see the b's oust the habnots in the spring....                                                                                                            sorry, but there is....  it'll be to finally witness the b's lift Lord Stanley again....                                                                                                        and if that means avoiding the habnots in the playoffs, so be it....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I don't care how much skill Montreal has up front, their backend is what keeps the puck moving fwd.  They have a ragtag bunch at best.  When PK Subban is your main guy you are in trouble.  Not that he isnt good.  The fact he is a rookie with everything placed on him isnt a good thing.  Gill is steady but he is a perfect fit for our style. 
    Up front I think Montreal has better game breakers.  Cammelleri was amazing last playoffs.  Plekanec is solid, Gionta is mighty mouse.  After those three it starts to slide.  Back end its not close.  Z is better than everyone.  In goal we would finally have one step up.  neither have proven the ability in the playoffs.

I want Montreal.  Its just good for hockey. 

Sections
Shortcuts