more confident the BRUINS will win this series!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: more confident the BRUINS will win this series!

When the going got tough the Bruins were the better team.  Crawford looks reallflood though so the Bruins are going to need to get more traffic to the net.  If they do that they will win the series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

When the going got tough the Bruins were the better team.  Crawford looks reallflood though so the Bruins are going to need to get more traffic to the net.  If they do that they will win the series.

If they can get a clean series called from here on out, sure. The no calls on Chicago were unreal. NHL wasn't gonna let a sweep happen. Not in the finals. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to ImagydFanBoston-Twitter's comment:

chicago is a legit tough foe and their goalie is as clutch as Rask but.. this was game 1 w/o horton late and we pushed them as hard as we could with nothing to lose.  nothing matters til you lose at home, they just held serve. we had shot after shot and can do even better. we will win game 2 esp if horton's shoulder is popped back in and he can channel (lol) his inner jacoby ellsbury and man up. if this game was in boston, we win! their crowd was loud and give them a boost as ours will as well!

Rask is clutch?? I don't think so.

He was manning the pipes for the epic collapse against the Flyers, had nothing to do with the SC victory in '10-'11, let multiple teams back in the game this season in the third period, and was a last minute two goal miracle away from another one and done playoffs.

He played nicely against the Rags and moreso against the Pens, but lets not kid ourselves here...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

chicago is a legit tough foe and their goalie is as clutch as Rask but.. this was game 1 w/o horton late and we pushed them as hard as we could with nothing to lose.  nothing matters til you lose at home, they just held serve. we had shot after shot and can do even better. we will win game 2 esp if horton's shoulder is popped back in and he can channel (lol) his inner jacoby ellsbury and man up. if this game was in boston, we win! their crowd was loud and give them a boost as ours will as well!

He was manning the pipes for the epic collapse against the Flyers, had nothing to do with the SC victory in '10-'11, let multiple teams back in the game this season in the third period, and was a last minute two goal miracle away from another one and done playoffs.

He played nicely against the Rags and moreso against the Pens, but lets not kid ourselves here...

This post shows how very little you know hockey . 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

You know that most analysts have him pegged as the conne smythe trophy winner? Right?  Because hes been so clutch?

Try watching a game once and a while, it definitely helps!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Please tell me you are kidding.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

If you are trying to convince folks here that Rask has not been clutch so far, based on something that happened two years ago, you are nuttier than squirrel turd!

Two bad giveaways, a shot 2 feet wide of the net that is deflected in off of Ference and a double deflection in triple OT. Not Tuukka's fault. 

Fact; Tuukka is clutch. No need for a 9th post, beat it stupid.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Troll. Ignore button.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Wow such kickback from you all...

So which one of my evidentiary statements was untrue?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I question how you can say that Rask isn't a cluch goaltender based on his performance thus far. (Using the now distant past Flyers series to make your case is a reach as the lack of team defense in that series was evident and factored into the result).

He wasn't just good in the last two series, he stonewalled the Rangers and the Penguins and kept the Bruins in the hunt last night against Chicago. Two of the four goals last night were deflections. The goal off Ference was wide of the net and the OT goal pinballed off two players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Where were you wrong? The part where you said Rask hasnt been clutch.  The fact is, other than Krejci, Rask has been one of the best players in a Bruins uniform this playoffs.  Holding something that happened two seasons ago against him is silly.

He played a great game last night and got unlucky with the shot off Ference's skate and a double deflection.  Look at his numbers this postseason, he's been clutch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

you're epically wrong but archer is awesome. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

You don't want to blame him for the Flyers series because he had a bad defense playing in front of him, but yet he gets all the credit when he has Selke & Norris Trophy winners and shot blockers galore playing in front of him for 25-35 minutes per night in a defensive system?

I am not using the Flyers series as the main point of my argument - it is just one example. The Bruins blew countless leads in the third period this season and it was a topic for discussion amongst many of the posters here. In a crucial Game 7 against the Leafs, Rask allowed 4 goals. If not for the Bs skaters scoring 3 goals in the final 10 minutes of regulation (including two in the last two minutes) and an OT goal, this season would be over.

Then what would the topic of conversation have been? Should Rask be invested in long term? Should Julien be fired? etc...

I gave him his due for the Rangers and Penguins series. I can't emphasize that enough. He stole the series from the Pens!

Its just my opinion and I provided examples of why I think so. It doesn't make me a troll. You can politely disagree if you so choose. I just think he has more to prove before I declare him a clutch goalie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Chicago is a legit tough foe and their goalie is as clutch as Rask but.. this was game 1 w/o horton late and we pushed them as hard as we could with nothing to lose.  nothing matters til you lose at home, they just held serve. we had shot after shot and can do even better. we will win game 2 esp if horton's shoulder is popped back in and he can channel (lol) his inner jacoby ellsbury and man up. if this game was in boston, we win! their crowd was loud and give them a boost as ours will as well!

you're epically wrong but archer is awesome. 

Agreed...makes me laugh my butt off. I feel like my comments have me headed to the "Danger Zone"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Archer, you made your points, i just disagree with them. I wouldnt throw you in the troll category.

All those games you mentioned though, how many of those blown leads were Rasks fault?  How many of those games were decided by one goal?  There was a time when the bruins couldnt buy a goal this season, you cant blame those on a goalie whos bailed you out multiple times this season. He cant score goals.  He can only stop the shots.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I said Rask had to contend with poor team defense (I actually called it a lack of team defense) in that Flyers series. I didn't blame the defense. It was a team failure to play team defense in that series which aided the Flyers in coming back from three games down.

You claim that you are not using his performance in the Flyers series as the main point of your argument. If that is the case then I respectfully feel that you have no case against him not being clutch. He was very clutch against the Rangers and Pens. I also feel he was clutch last night because no Rask and the Blackhawks would have run away with last night's game. To each his own. I'm sure Tuuka will relieve you of any doubts by the end of this series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Groundhog Day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Stick to archery.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

We won't kid ourselves into thinking you have any idea what you're talking about. Rask is 4-1 in playoff series. 19-11 overall in playoff games. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

DaveyN - Valid point...the offense went throught stretches of ineptitude during the season. I do agree that a goalie can't be expected to shut out or allow one goal every night. But you also must agree that those 3rd period leads were a problem this year and a concern on the mind of all Bruins fans coming into the playoffs, right?

RowdyRodRust - I hope he does, too.

Hangnail - I know it seems like I'm popping up like a Groundhog the day after a loss, but for the record I have been on here before. I had to make a new account because my previous one was not working properly. And I had about 1000 posts.

Watchtower - Thanks for the advice.

Dezaruchi - Thanks for the response. Rather than actually read my post and comment about my thoughts, you just attempt to belittle me. You must have tons of friends.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

DaveyN - Valid point...the offense went throught stretches of ineptitude during the season. I do agree that a goalie can't be expected to shut out or allow one goal every night. But you also must agree that those 3rd period leads were a problem this year and a concern on the mind of all Bruins fans coming into the playoffs, right?

They definitely were an issue, cant argue that.  I just cant fault Rask on any of those that resulted in losses.  Im sure he let in a softie once or twice this season, but he also carried the team quite a bit.  I think the lead issue was a problem that was almost solely on the shoulders of players that should have been scoring more in the regular season (seguin, jagr etc.)

I have nothing but the utmost confidence and faith in Rask. I think given a couple more starting season he could very well be the best goalie in the league.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hangnail - I know it seems like I'm popping up like a Groundhog the day after a loss, but for the record I have been on here before. I had to make a new account because my previous one was not working properly. And I had about 1000 posts.

Dezaruchi - Thanks for the response. Rather than actually read my post and comment about my thoughts, you just attempt to belittle me. You must have tons of friends.

Nope, I read your post and then belittled you. You asked which of your evidentiary comments were untrue. I provided statistical evidence that was contrary to your assertion. Don't worry about whether or not I have friends. I assure you that every one of them is capable of accepting criticism if and when they say something stupid. Maybe you should try it. Btw, what part of my reply led you to believe I didn't read your post?  Shouldn't the fact I replied to it have indicated to you that I did indeed read it?  Maybe you should get one of your many friends to help you with such a complex puzzle. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Null or cactus tony?

Sections
Shortcuts