More ESPN comedy . KHL ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

More ESPN comedy . KHL ?

ESPN 3 ?  really ? Curious to see how this is.

Actually there are a lot Russian bookies in th U.S.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: More ESPN comedy . KHL ?

I didn't know ESPN even aknowledged the existence of hockey beyond Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I didn't know ESPN even aknowledged the existence of hockey beyond Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin.

Berman calling an Ovechkin goal on ESPN3 . Can't wait !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

There hasn't been much of a reason to chime in recently, but I can't help but think that ESPN is doing us all a favor by showing KHL games. 1st of all, we get to see some hockey which is better than no hockey. Second, it isn't like ESPN is the outdoor life network that the NHL used after the last lockout, ESPN is much higher profile and it could, in principle, help apply pressure to the NHL owners.

Because NHL owners won't be profiting from the showing of the KHL games, ESPN's involvement with the KHL could, in principle, be a major threat to any revenues the owners might have been counting on this season. Just imagine if ESPN 3 shows some of these KHL games, and they happen to be really entertaining. ESPN 3 could become ESPN 2 and so forth, It's definitely possible, especially if the KHL is looking at this as a golden opportunity to showcase the talent in their league and gain foreign marketshare.

After all, the KHL is a competitor to the NHL, and even though they have co-existed because of their geographic seperation, the media could absolutely bridge that gap given the familiarity the american fans have with the players moving out to Russia. Just think of it like Yao Ming coming from China, but in reverse, and on a much larger scale.

I don't know what most of you feel because I've been away, but to me its obvious that the owners have to conceed, or there won't be an NHL for a long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The owners might concede a little,but until they get a 50/50 split or better sometime down the line,you are right,no hockey for a long time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I can.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

BsL, let the nicknames flow.

"Lupul passes back to:Dion Phaneuf  Do doo be-do-do 

Dion Phaneuf Do doo be do. 

Dion Phaneuf Do doo be-do-do

Be do doo Be do doo

Be doo be do be doo doo doo doo do."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL RHO... what about Double Dion !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chris Berman is worse than Paula Abdul.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

At the moment the NHL is the joke along with Bettman. I will watch OHL and Junior B hockey down the Niagara area. The possibility watching KHL is a yes factor but not the first thing on my agenda. I like other sports also so if the NHL is still in stand still I have options.

The only pro not having to watch NHL is not listening to Mcguire and Milbury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

At the moment the NHL is the joke along with Bettman. I will watch OHL and Junior B hockey down the Niagara area. The possibility watching KHL is a yes factor but not the first thing on my agenda. I like other sports also so if the NHL is still in stand still I have options.

The only pro not having to watch NHL is not listening to Mcguire and Milbury.

When the deal comes down they're saying maybe some Canadian networks might carry some games.

You get ESPN from Buffalo ? or Direct TV with Buffalo address ?

Since we're on the topic of the KHL what I would like to see one day is the winner of the Stanley Cup play a mini-series against the winner of the KHL . 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

You've been watching the the KHL on the Ocho. ESPN 8.

Now, to tonight's commentators for tonight's Avangard Omsk vs. Bary Astana tilt, Cotton McKnight and Pepper Brooks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Today you can watch ESPN2 and catch Chara's game. 

See Bruins homepage 

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

0-0 after 2 periods.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 

I think I could have plyed easily in this league  : )

Chara on PP is shadowed just like in the NHL and can't get a shot through.

finished 1-0 on a cheezy goal from Ovechkin. Melee in the crease.

Maybe I'm bias for our hockey ,  maybe I cannot relate to the players in the KHL and maybe I'm being hard on the KHL but that game was very hard to watch. I just could not get into it.

Sections
Shortcuts