More evidence that TSN.ca is a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: More evidence that TSN.ca is a joke

I disagree with you

TSN is a Canadian sports outlet. Believe it or not there are more people that care about the Sens and Leafs than they do the Pens and Caps.

Put it this way, the Leafs probably have more "TRUE" fans than the pens and caps combined.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TSN helped prop up the WJC and keep it going so I wuv dem!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

If the Penguins had won and Crosby scored a goal......I ASSURE you, that would be the front page story

They're in Ontario yes.  But they are supposed to be the Canadian equivalent of ESPN.  That was the NHL's premier regular season game.  But the result wasn't to their liking, so instead of showcasing that, they played their Maple Leafs home page role, as usual

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: More evidence that TSN.ca is a joke:
    If the Penguins had won and Crosby scored a goal......I ASSURE you, that would be the front page story They're in Ontario yes.  But they are supposed to be the Canadian equivalent of ESPN.  That was the NHL's premier regular season game.  But the result wasn't to their liking, so instead of showcasing that, they played their Maple Leafs home page role, as usual
    Posted by Swearengen

Actually ESPN owns 20% of TSN.. Maybe it was the NHL's premier game in the US but not in Canada.. Canadian broadcasters  did not have exclusive rights to the game , NBC did so that probably hurt... the CBC actually showed the game on tape delay at midnight because they were not allowed to show live... What does that tell ya?  In the end , it all boils down to attracting viewers and the Leafs believe it or not have a very strong following through out Canada.. It's unbelievable really!! Games in Ottawa, Vancouver, Edmonton etc seem like Leaf home games...

And after every Leaf game / or Hab Game the forums come alive and there is about 30- 40 pages of comments for each game.. Its all about attracting viewers, bottom line.. Last night's Winter Classic was barely 9 pages long when I went to bed..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Yeah you're right TSN is such a joke.

When there are guys like Eklund around with his E5 rumors why get information first hand from hockey insiders like, Bob McKenzie or Darren Dreger. To think they even have twitter accounts to keep you up to date, what a joke.

Another example that TSN is a joke happened right here on this site under Bruins Blog.  Breaking news that shocked the hockey world and where was TSN to report it?
    "After practice, the Bruins were howling when an unnamed player's intestinal issues made the bathroom, three dressing rooms, and hallway uncomfortable places. We'll spare the poor fellow's identity, but his teammates were not pleased."

This is top notch journalism and something TSN should have been on top of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

TSN covers Hockey in canada first. Do you expect NESN to show the Edmonton Eskimos?

Toronto has 4.5 million people, Boston has 600k, never mind Pittsburgh.  TSN is a business that covers hockey primarily in Canada.

This is dumb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

TSN covers Hockey in canada first. Do you expect NESN to show the Edmonton Eskimos? Toronto has 4.5 million people, Boston has 600k, never mind Pittsburgh.  TSN is a business that covers hockey primarily in Canada. This is dumb.
    Posted by blueoxen

NESN is regional.  TSN is national.

The real equivalent of this would be if ESPN led with only what teams in New York were doing every day.  They don't

Other Canadians complain about TSN and the constant pushing of the Leafs that they do.  I'm not bringing up anything new here

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I would like them to get rid of Pierre Magiure, he is the most annoying person out there, everyone I talk to says the same thing, please TSN get rid of the idiot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

winexpos, I had to read that blog post to my wife prefaced by "this is what passes for sports journalism...nice."

TSN is actually tame when compared to the CBC over the years.  Imagine how happy the Flames, Oilers, Canucks, and Jets were that the national broadcaster showed a Leafs game every Saturday night in their markets, complete with a homer announcer, and then celebrated this tradition as a great national institution.  Toronto Sports Network will continue to be the Toronto Sports Network.  They'll lead with a dog-days Leafs-Oilers game on Superbowl Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

TSN offers coverage of hockey that is better than any other networks coverage of any sport.  They do give Toronto extra coverage, but there are a rediculous number of Leafs fans and they are extremely passionate.  For the record, CBC did cover the winter classic live, but they had doubts as to weather they should since the Sens-Leafs game would actually get more viewers.  In Ontario maybe they only showed it on tape delay?  I watched it on NBC and it was cool, but to be honest the game sucked.  And Fehr leads caps to boring, sloppy 3-1 victory is a lousy headline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I would like them to get rid of Pierre Magiure, he is the most annoying person out there, everyone I talk to says the same thing, please TSN get rid of the idiot.
    Posted by beesbear

He knows the game. He also works for NBC, so they must think he's pretty smart also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I guess my overall reaction to this is: so what?

I imagine plenty of US fans think the same thing when ESPN constantly leads with the Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Lakers, Heat...and every other "big market" team. They go where the interest and ratings take them.

So you have to click a few links before you get the story you want. I check TSN every once in a while and the hockey coverage is great as long as you dig for it. It's not like we can turn to ESPN or local outlets to learn about the juniors or league-wide trends/issues. What's the worry if the headlines are always Leafs-related as long as the other content is there somewhere?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Actually,
    I think a lot of you are missing what the winter classic really is.. A marketing peice for US based fans.. 4 years now, and not 1 canadian teams has taken part.  The heritage classic will get more coverage in canada for sure.. But a match up of Crosby verse ovechkin isn't need to sell the game to canadian fans..

the game is fun, but I would rather see it replace the allstar game, cause as a hockey fan who knows that game, I don't need to see camera angles from a blimp, with stupid blurbs like "this is how great players like crosby and ovechkin can see the ice, they see all of it at once blah blah blah.. " 

Next years game will probably be the rangers, and ?  LA perhaps even (large market good young team), but the classic is marketed to sell the game to american non traditional fans.. So TSN  isn't making a big deal out of that. No harm..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Actually, I think a lot of you are missing what the winter classic really is.. A marketing peice for US based fans.. 4 years now, and not 1 canadian teams has taken part.  The heritage classic will get more coverage in canada for sure.. But a match up of Crosby verse ovechkin isn't need to sell the game to canadian fans.. the game is fun, but I would rather see it replace the allstar game, cause as a hockey fan who knows that game, I don't need to see camera angles from a blimp, with stupid blurbs like "this is how great players like crosby and ovechkin can see the ice, they see all of it at once blah blah blah.. "  Next years game will probably be the rangers, and ?  LA perhaps even (large market good young team), but the classic is marketed to sell the game to american non traditional fans.. So TSN  isn't making a big deal out of that. No harm..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Honestly the Fly-over camera angle was probably the best to watch the game from. (Reminded me of NHL 96) it was brutal to watch from the other angles, who would want to go to one of those games you can barely see the ice from anywhere. I think the WC is dumb gimmick and they should probably do it in Canada where it'll actually be cold enough to freeze the damn ice lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Pierre Mcguire is such a tool, they definately need to dump him.  He's all about wussifacation of hockey, and everytime he talks to someone it has to be all about where they're from and these sentimental stories.  He's the biggest Canadian homer out there, listening to him call team Can games in the WJC U20's is a joke, reminds me of Jack Edwards or Tommy Heinson looking for penalty calls every three seconds.

FIRE CLAUDE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

ILH,
    Its not "dumb" but definitely a gimick, make it the all star game, they want the classic to be a throw back to playing on the ponds etc..

Lets throw sticks and have a fun game/festival...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Winter Classic wasn't the same showcase in Canada that it was in the States - TSN's first story was the Leafs Sens game, the second was Oilers Flames, and then the Winter Classic. It's Canadian-centric.

Now if they still lead with a Leafs story instead of the outdoor Heritage Classic between Calgary and the Habs in February, then I will totally agree with you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Okay, I hear what you're all saying about the canadian-centric aspect, but lets say that Sid and the Pens won.  Do you think it would get front page treatment then?  

I do..........wait, that plays right back into the pro-canadian argument again..........crap.  I got nothing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The Winter Classic All-Star game is a very interesting thought, but there's something intangible about it being a "real" game that matters in the standings. Otherwise, any talk about atmosphere, wet ice, rain, etc really doesn't have much of an edge to it.

I really LOVE the idea at first, but I wonder if it would take some of the interest out of the game.

As for 2011, the same team names keep getting recycled:

NYR-WSH at either Yankee Stadium or RFK
    NYR-PHI at Yankee Stadium or Lincoln Financial
    CHI-BOS at Soldier Field or Gillette Stadium
    COL-DET at Comerica or Invesco/Mile High
    COL-LA at Invesco
    WSH-LA at RFK Stadium

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And after this year's game at MacMahon Stadium, they're looking at either Oilers/Canucks at Commonwealth Stadium or Ottaw/ Toronto at either Ivor Wynne in Hamilton or possibly BMO field. The Heritage classic will be tricky to do every year, since there's a shortage of quality outdoor stadiums in the six Canadian NHL cities. The  largest outdoor fields in TO and Montreal only hold 20,000 or so, Ottawa has nothing as they're looking at building a new one, and you can't play outdoor hockey in Vancouver. Only Edmonton and Calgary have suitable stadiums over 50,000.

Though this may be a good way to get a regular season game once a year in other Canadian markets, as Regina,Winnipeg and Hamilton all have large outdoor stadiums.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I watched Bos Buf and flicked over every once in a while to the nonclassic, absolutely the worst by far of camera angles, brutal.

Hard to believe the 2 def teams in the league outscored the 2 offensive teams.

Now tonight try to watch Cdn Juniors play US or Bos and Tor and to watch both at same time.  Thanks again to TSN for both.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cintai. Show Cintai's posts

What the hell are you talking about.  TSN has and will always cover hockey with pride unlike the USA websites.

ESPN only has a blog post on the World Juniors that is the last time I checked being held on American ice.  Although I bet Canadians are responsible for over 80% of attendance so far. 

Canada USA game going on right now, I don't even see an American Fan.  There has to be one but will have to wait until USA scores to find out. (if they score)

Before the OP goes on bashing a Canadian site on its coverage of a boring winter classic they should understand that Hockey is a fringe sport in the States but is the main sport in Canada.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

.....they should understand that Hockey is a fringe sport in the States but is the main sport in Canada.
    Posted by Cintai

I thought everyone but Gary Bettman knew that!

Sections
Shortcuts