More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/more-flyers-defensive-injury-woes-andreas-lilja-out-four-months/

"Lilja now joins Andrej Meszaros (Achilles’ tendon) and Chris Pronger (concussion) on the shelf with injuries. The Flyers will now look to start the season with Kimmo Timonen, Braydon Coburn, Nick Grossmann, Erik Gustafsson, Luke Schenn, Marc-Andre Bourdon, and Bruno Gervais on their back line. They’d better hope Ilya Bryzgalov has a big bounce-back season."

I know a GM that hopes there is a late start to the season. What a terrible off-season for Philadelphia. Not much left...

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

On the trash heap...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months

At least they have a good goalie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No real loss, Lilja is garbage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months:
    [QUOTE]No real loss, Lilja is garbage.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

If he's garbage and makes the team, what does that make the guys he beats out?

Lilja was good enough to make it in Detroit for years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I would like to feel badly for the Flyers, they do play like the Bs, but then again they are not too bad with that young crew of defenseman.  If the offense can hold on for their development then the Flyers will do just fine.  Although Timonen is frail.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months : If he's garbage and makes the team, what does that make the guys he beats out? Lilja was good enough to make it in Detroit for years. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Detroit logic?  Really?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months:
    [QUOTE]http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/more-flyers-defensive-injury-woes-andreas-lilja-out-four-months/ "Lilja now joins Andrej Meszaros ( Achilles’ tendon ) and Chris Pronger (concussion) on the shelf with injuries. The Flyers will now look to start the season with  Kimmo Timonen , Braydon Coburn , Nick Grossmann , Erik Gustafsson , Luke Schenn , Marc-Andre Bourdon , and Bruno Gervais on their back line. They’d better hope Ilya Bryzgalov has a big bounce-back season." I know a GM that hopes there is a late start to the season. What a terrible off-season for Philadelphia. Not much left... http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2 On the trash heap...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they're interested in the Suban offer in Montreal. They tried for Webber with out success, and P.H. needs a D-man. As for cap space, free agency, trades, etc., you guys are the experts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months : Detroit logic?  Really?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I didn't say he suddenly was no longer a bum and would finally reach his potential because that's what happens in Detroit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

They better hope Schenn isn't as mediocre in Philly as he was with the Leafs. Bryzgalov won't be bailing anyone out. I expect some high scoring and entertaining games from Philly this year.

I actually don't hate the Flyers like most Bruins fans. They aren't one of my favorites but I like their style and most of the players on their team. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Flyers defensive injury woes: Andreas Lilja out four months : If he's garbage and makes the team, what does that make the guys he beats out? Lilja was good enough to make it in Detroit for years. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yup he was so good in Det that he was sent to the AHL his final yr there. He's garbage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

37 now at 35 spent a conditioning stint of 4 games in AHL and 1 game last year.

Best years behind him, injury prone.

GOAT!!!