More Of The Same

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

More Of The Same

Explain this...

Just finished watching PTI on ESPN.  Now, bear in mind that the Bruins play tonight (Fri) and have an opportunity to sweep the series, on the other hand, the Blackhawks DO NOT play until tomorrow night.  Absolutely NO mention of the fact that the Bruins have this opportunity tonight and have achieved a major accomplishment thus far.  What was elaborated on was the Blackhawks game TOMORROW night.

This is not about some NY team which they never stop talking about no matter what sport, this is simply more classic selective reporting by ESPN, putting their mouth where the money is...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: More Of The Same

In response to bingobilly's comment:

This is not about some NY team which they never stop talking about no matter what sport, this is simply more classic selective reporting by ESPN, putting their mouth where the money is...

With ESPN, you're lucky there is any ice hockey reporting at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Explain this...

Just finished watching PTI on ESPN.  Now, bear in mind that the Bruins play tonight (Fri) and have an opportunity to sweep the series, on the other hand, the Blackhawks DO NOT play until tomorrow night.  Absolutely NO mention of the fact that the Bruins have this opportunity tonight and have achieved a major accomplishment thus far.  What was elaborated on was the Blackhawks game TOMORROW night.

I was surprised the PTI crew even talked hockey at all. Not sure Korneiser knows its a sport....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

With the total lack of attention - let alone respect - Boston gets, you'd swear it was a Canadian city!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Ever since Disney bought ESPN they don't talk about sports that aren't on an ESPN affiliate.

They cover the WNBA more than the NHL

And one of them is from Chicago (the black gentleman)

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

These are the same guys who said the Thrashers were relocating to Ontario (meaning that's where they thought Winnipeg was) and said that Theoren Fleury was the goalie for the Penguins.

I wouldn't put much stock in their hockey coverage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Ever since Disney bought ESPN they don't talk about sports that aren't on an ESPN affiliate.

They cover the WNBA more than the NHL

And one of them is from Chicago (the black gentleman)

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

You make an excellent point and that point relates back to my point on "money".  If you watch the weather channel for sometime, you'll notice how NBC who purchased it has destroyed the concept, fired everybody and filled max air-time with commercials.  And all in the name of "money".  You're correct, his name is Wilbon and he does come from Chicago and he is the one who talked about the Blackhawks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Simple solution is don't watch espn I haven't for years and its great

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You make an excellent point and that point relates back to my point on "money".  If you watch the weather channel for sometime, you'll notice how NBC who purchased it has destroyed the concept, fired everybody and filled max air-time with commercials.  And all in the name of "money".  You're correct, his name is Wilbon and he does come from Chicago and he is the one who talked about the Blackhawks.

Why else would they be doing it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why else would they be doing it?

Hey I'm a devote capitalist but don't call it "Sports Center"

I'm all for their business strategy if they think it works, it just makes me watch NHL network instead.

They lose my viewership because of it and I used to watch ESPN religiously. I just think they're cost/benefit analysis is flawed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Hey I'm a devote capitalist but don't call it "Sports Center"

I'm all for their business strategy if they think it works, it just makes me watch NHL network instead.

They lose my viewership because of it and I used to watch ESPN religiously. I just think they're cost/benefit analysis is flawed.

I hate ESPN.  I don't think I've watched it for 10 minutes since Keith, Dan and Craig left (outside of the hockey games they used to show).  They don't talk about hockey very much.  But then again, they really don't need to cover hockey.  At a current value of about $40B, according to Forbes, "The reality is that there is not another media property in the world worth as much as ESPN because no media asset delivering content generates close to as much money"

But F them.  Who needs Stuart Scott's urban language or Chris Berman's stupid nicknames?  We have an entire channel solely devoted to the greatest game on the planet!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm in Canada and I rarely watch TSN or Sportsnet.  NHL Network is all hockey all the time.

Sections
Shortcuts