More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucks2011Champs. Show Canucks2011Champs's posts

More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!

I get that everyone in Boston today is all excited about the Bruins, but let's see what kind of fans Boston really has. Well according to the latest figures, not many, or what is the norm in Boston, bandwagon fans!

2010/2011 Top 5 NHL teams attendance
    1. Chicago - (well duh, they are the Stanley Cup Champs)
    2. Montreal - (a true hockey town)
    3. Philadelphia - (reigning Eastern Conf. champs)
    4. Detroit - (made the playoffs for 20 + years and have 4 cups in 12 years, they give their fans a reason to sell out every game)
    5. Toronto- (another true hockey town)

Wait? Where's Boston? Maybe they made the Top 10. Let's see...
    6. Calgary
    7. St. Louis
    8. Vancouver
    9. Buffalo
    10. Washington

Nope not in the Top 10 either? Where or where is Boston? They are an Original 6 team afterall!

11. Ottawa
    12. Pittsburgh
    13. New York Rangers
    14. Los Angeles
    15. Minnesota

Now come on Boston, not even in the Top 15? Even the Rangers draw more than you do and MSG is a dump! St. Louis, LA, Calgrary all draw more than Boston.

16. Boston- hey there you are, but this is average attendance. Where are you in total attendance?

#17: behind the Tampa Bay Lightning and just barely above the San Jose Sharks. This is not doing a whole lot to convince me that you are a hockey town! Didn't Bob Ryan say you were a hockey town? Maybe Bobby should do some simple research before he makes such a claim!

Fact is you draw less than other Original 6 team and  sunbelt teams draw more than you do! You ARE NOT a hockey town!

Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homeTotal

2009/2010- #15
    2008/2009- #16
    2007/2008- #26 (ouch, did we forget we have a team?)
    2006/2007- #25- (you drew more than Islanders!)
    2005/2006- *18
    2000/2001- #22

Now before every Bostonian starts to get upset, before you make your rebuttal the following excuses are not allowed: The Bruins were not good than, The Celtics were having their run, We were watching the Patriots, The Red Sox had everyone's attention, or We were busy bashing New York. Sorry they will not fly. The Detroit Red Wings consisitently make the Top 5 and they have had to compete against a successful Pistons team in the 2000s, a better Tigers team in the 2000s, and a depressed economy.

Numbers don't lie, Boston IS NOT a hockey town!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!

I am so damn angry at Boston and their fans, I could burn some buildings here in Montreal right to the ground. I just get so angry sometimes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You sorted by the wrong column:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canucks2011Champs. Show Canucks2011Champs's posts

In Response to Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!:
    [QUOTE]You sorted by the wrong column: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Sort by AVERAGE attendance and by TOTAL ATTENDANCE this will tell you how many fans walked in a saw a Boston home game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! : Sort by AVERAGE attendance and by TOTAL ATTENDANCE this will tell you how many fans walked in a saw a Boston home game.
    Posted by Canucks2011Champs[/QUOTE]
    The arena can only hold so many people.  By insisting on sorting by number of people rather than just percent capacity, you are handicapping them for having fewer seats.  That does not reflect the level of interest in the team.

Or do you expect them to fill more than every seat in the house like the Blackhawks somehow do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! : Sort by AVERAGE attendance and by TOTAL ATTENDANCE this will tell you how many fans walked in a saw a Boston home game.

Even though you are a troll, you can't fit more people than the arena holds - clown.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

did you take into consideration how many seats each arena has? how about the % of seats sold.
    i'm not going to look it up, i'm just questioning your rankings

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You are a complete and total idiot.  Saying that the teams with the biggest arenas are the best fans is stupid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]You are a complete and total idiot.  Saying that the teams with the biggest arenas are the best fans is stupid. In Response to Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

All Boston needs to do to improve attendance is do what we have done here in Montreal. Line all the streets around the arena with strip clubs and wh*res.
    Its the right thing to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Someone is proof abortions don't always work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!:
    [QUOTE]I get that everyone in Boston today is all excited about the Bruins, but let's see what kind of fans Boston really has. Well according to the latest figures, not many, or what is the norm in Boston, bandwagon fans! 2010/2011 Top 5 NHL teams attendance 1. Chicago - (well duh, they are the Stanley Cup Champs) 2. Montreal - (a true hockey town) 3. Philadelphia - (reigning Eastern Conf. champs) 4. Detroit - (made the playoffs for 20 + years and have 4 cups in 12 years, they give their fans a reason to sell out every game) 5. Toronto- (another true hockey town) Wait? Where's Boston? Maybe they made the Top 10. Let's see... 6. Calgary 7. St. Louis 8. Vancouver 9. Buffalo 10. Washington Nope not in the Top 10 either? Where or where is Boston? They are an Original 6 team afterall! 11. Ottawa 12. Pittsburgh 13. New York Rangers 14. Los Angeles 15. Minnesota Now come on Boston, not even in the Top 15? Even the Rangers draw more than you do and MSG is a dump! St. Louis, LA, Calgrary all draw more than Boston. 16. Boston- hey there you are, but this is average attendance. Where are you in total attendance? #17: behind the Tampa Bay Lightning and just barely above the San Jose Sharks. This is not doing a whole lot to convince me that you are a hockey town! Didn't Bob Ryan say you were a hockey town? Maybe Bobby should do some simple research before he makes such a claim! Fact is you draw less than other Original 6 team and  sunbelt teams draw more than you do! You ARE NOT a hockey town! Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homeTotal 2009/2010- #15 2008/2009- #16 2007/2008- #26 (ouch, did we forget we have a team?) 2006/2007- #25- (you drew more than Islanders!) 2005/2006- *18 2000/2001- #22 Now before every Bostonian starts to get upset, before you make your rebuttal the following excuses are not allowed: The Bruins were not good than, The Celtics were having their run, We were watching the Patriots, The Red Sox had everyone's attention, or We were busy bashing New York. Sorry they will not fly. The Detroit Red Wings consisitently make the Top 5 and they have had to compete against a successful Pistons team in the 2000s, a better Tigers team in the 2000s, and a depressed economy. Numbers don't lie, Boston IS NOT a hockey town!
    I know you're just a young lady so don't be insulted when I point out that in order for you to offer "more proof" of something, you need to have already provided SOME proof.Saying Boston has poor attendance isn't "more" of anything. It's simply your opinion(as meaningless after you've stated it as it was before you did). Carry on TROLL!     3 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]Someone is proof abortions don't always work.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Those records were supposed to be sealed. Do you work for the Quebec government?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Logic - Killing trolls daily

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Vancouver = Soccer town

They love diving, whineing, crying, faking injuries, etc.

Boston has four big sports and typically sells out seats for all of them.

Keep trying half pint...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]I get that everyone in Boston today is all excited about the Bruins, but let's see what kind of fans Boston really has. Well according to the latest figures, not many, or what is the norm in Boston, bandwagon fans! 2010/2011 Top 5 NHL teams attendance 1. Chicago - (well duh, they are the Stanley Cup Champs) 2. Montreal - (a true hockey town) 3. Philadelphia - (reigning Eastern Conf. champs) 4. Detroit - (made the playoffs for 20 + years and have 4 cups in 12 years, they give their fans a reason to sell out every game) 5. Toronto- (another true hockey town) Wait? Where's Boston? Maybe they made the Top 10. Let's see... 6. Calgary 7. St. Louis 8. Vancouver 9. Buffalo 10. Washington Nope not in the Top 10 either? Where or where is Boston? They are an Original 6 team afterall! 11. Ottawa 12. Pittsburgh 13. New York Rangers 14. Los Angeles 15. Minnesota Now come on Boston, not even in the Top 15? Even the Rangers draw more than you do and MSG is a dump! St. Louis, LA, Calgrary all draw more than Boston. 16. Boston- hey there you are, but this is average attendance. Where are you in total attendance? #17: behind the Tampa Bay Lightning and just barely above the San Jose Sharks. This is not doing a whole lot to convince me that you are a hockey town! Didn't Bob Ryan say you were a hockey town? Maybe Bobby should do some simple research before he makes such a claim! Fact is you draw less than other Original 6 team and  sunbelt teams draw more than you do! You ARE NOT a hockey town! Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homeTotal 2009/2010- #15 2008/2009- #16 2007/2008- #26 (ouch, did we forget we have a team?) 2006/2007- #25- (you drew more than Islanders!) 2005/2006- *18 2000/2001- #22 Now before every Bostonian starts to get upset, before you make your rebuttal the following excuses are not allowed: The Bruins were not good than, The Celtics were having their run, We were watching the Patriots, The Red Sox had everyone's attention, or We were busy bashing New York. Sorry they will not fly. The Detroit Red Wings consisitently make the Top 5 and they have had to compete against a successful Pistons team in the 2000s, a better Tigers team in the 2000s, and a depressed economy. Numbers don't lie, Boston IS NOT a hockey town!

Dude just dont forget that there are thousands of BRUINS fans accross Canada and accross the US ...I am one of the biggest B's fan in Canada (Montreal) and I was at game 2 round 1 ....and I will be at the parade in Boston ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Habs...you fake troll. Take off. You are not funny. The pic of patches is insulting enough.
    We're talking hockey here...no post you've ever had, addressed hockey. You're stinking up a good thing here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! : Dude just dont forget that there are thousands of BRUINS fans accross Canada and accross the US ...I am one of the biggest B's fan in Canada (Montreal) and I was at game 2 round 1 ....and I will be at the parade in Boston ..
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

I would go to but I am planning on hanging myself in my barn that day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]Habs...you fake troll. Take off. You are not funny. The pic of patches is insulting enough. We're talking hockey here...no post you've ever had, addressed hockey. You're stinking up a good thing here.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am stinking up a good thing here. Ignore me and I will be gone. Its like magic only with a computer box.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Never let stats get in the way of a bad theory.Yes they are 17th in total attendance but average 100% butts in the seats.

Only in Chicago can you have 9% more people in there than it holds.
    Is the same guy who runs the polls there running the attendance and including dead hockey fans??????????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

His interpretation of attendance stats is more proof that Canucks2011failure is an idiot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Hey troll..  True fans don't support a team when they see injustice like owners purposely not putting a winning team on the ice to save money like the B's and the Leafs owners have done in the past.  Boston fans expect excellence and if they don't see an attempt for excellence they don't buy.  Would you buy a CD from your favourite band if they continually put out uninspired music just to make a buck?  

Leafs would sell out even if they put the baby leafs on the ice instead of the maple leafs and I know most canadian cities would do the same.  Thats just dumb because there is no motivation for putting together a better team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They sell out every game in Boston...moron.

The Garden doesn't have as many seats as the other arenas, that's why they aren't higher on that list...moron.

You cannot sell more tickets than what the building holds...moron.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]Hey troll..  True fans don't support a team when they see injustice like owners purposely not putting a winning team on the ice to save money like the B's and the Leafs owners have done in the past.  Boston fans expect excellence and if they don't see an attempt for excellence they don't buy.  Would you buy a CD from your favourite band if they continually put out uninspired music just to make a buck?   Leafs would sell out even if they put the baby leafs on the ice instead of the maple leafs and I know most canadian cities would do the same.  Thats just dumb because there is no motivation for putting together a better team. In Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! :
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

Stepping outside my fake persona for just a moment, I thought I was the last person alive who loved Ritchie Blackmore. Well done sir.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

[QUOTE]did you take into consideration how many seats each arena has? how about the % of seats sold. i'm not going to look it up, i'm just questioning your rankings
    Posted by vcec[/QUOTE]

If he took into account percentage of seats sold as he should , it would make his entire troll thread meaningless and he would feel less than a man.  Please don't deny him the chubby he obviously gets by posting on our board.  Its the only one he gets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Learn how to look up stats moron. Typical fu**ing goof that you are . Oh ya, how many pro championships does the city of Vancouver have? The Big " Zero"