More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!

I personally am flattered. I mean, he must really care about us here in Boston to take time out of his not so busy day to look that up, create an account here, and post it. Habs, we need an even bigger boat to fish out all the real trolls here.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

At least in Boston the opposing team doesn't have to take their final pre-game skate in the DARK, as in Vancouver.  In Boston, both ends of the ice are lit brightly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

So Boston plays to 100% capacity but some reason they are not a hockey team.Sounds like a lot of reaching to me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

In Response to Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!:
    [QUOTE]I personally am flattered. I mean, he must really care about us here in Boston to take time out of his not so busy day to look that up, create an account here, and post it. Habs, we need an even bigger boat to fish out all the real trolls here.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Being totally honest, this has been a real eye opener. I feel like I need the Titanic at this point, Bruins fans in the front, trolls locked below decks. I would roughly put the amount of people who actually read and/or take the time to understand another persons posts at 15% at most. The aggression here is amazing, both ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

YOU F¿CK!NG IDIOT!!!  They are ranked 16 as a total of fans in attendance.  Those other teams ahead of them have bigger arenas which hold a larger capacity so they would obviously be ahead of the Bruins. Boston was 100% for home games shithead.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]YOU F¿CK!NG IDIOT!!!  They are ranked 16 as a total of fans in attendance.  Those other teams ahead of them have bigger arenas which hold a larger capacity so they would obviously be ahead of the Bruins. Boston was 100% for home games shithead.
    Posted by knewjaX-hockey[/QUOTE]

Ha, just you wait, he will soon be back with more facts. Some of them may even be true this time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

[QUOTE]YOU F¿CK!NG IDIOT!!!  They are ranked 16 as a total of fans in attendance.  Those other teams ahead of them have bigger arenas which hold a larger capacity so they would obviously be ahead of the Bruins. Boston was 100% for home games shithead.
    Posted by knewjaX-hockey[/QUOTE]

If this guy knew anything about anything hed know the garden has 4000 plus less seats than some of these other arenas. Im pretty sure the garden sold out every home game this year, and would have sold out had there been 4000 more seats in the building. What a tool. lol Id also like to see avrg price per ticket along with that. Tickets are no were close to cheap here. Im sure some of the other markets charge roughly the same and maybe more, but would still be nice to see those numbers as well. I know for a while Boston was one of the highest price tickets in the NHL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

OP, you may be a hockey fan and a horrible troll, but you also apparently happen to be a dolt too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYeah whatever, go smoke some more BC Bud     n Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!:
    [QUOTE]I get that everyone in Boston today is all excited about the Bruins, but let's see what kind of fans Boston really has. Well according to the latest figures, not many, or what is the norm in Boston, bandwagon fans! 2010/2011 Top 5 NHL teams attendance 1. Chicago - (well duh, they are the Stanley Cup Champs) 2. Montreal - (a true hockey town) 3. Philadelphia - (reigning Eastern Conf. champs) 4. Detroit - (made the playoffs for 20 + years and have 4 cups in 12 years, they give their fans a reason to sell out every game) 5. Toronto- (another true hockey town) Wait? Where's Boston? Maybe they made the Top 10. Let's see... 6. Calgary 7. St. Louis 8. Vancouver 9. Buffalo 10. Washington Nope not in the Top 10 either? Where or where is Boston? They are an Original 6 team afterall! 11. Ottawa 12. Pittsburgh 13. New York Rangers 14. Los Angeles 15. Minnesota Now come on Boston, not even in the Top 15? Even the Rangers draw more than you do and MSG is a dump! St. Louis, LA, Calgrary all draw more than Boston. 16. Boston- hey there you are, but this is average attendance. Where are you in total attendance? #17: behind the Tampa Bay Lightning and just barely above the San Jose Sharks. This is not doing a whole lot to convince me that you are a hockey town! Didn't Bob Ryan say you were a hockey town? Maybe Bobby should do some simple research before he makes such a claim! Fact is you draw less than other Original 6 team and  sunbelt teams draw more than you do! You ARE NOT a hockey town! Source: http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homeTotal 2009/2010- #15 2008/2009- #16 2007/2008- #26 (ouch, did we forget we have a team?) 2006/2007- #25- (you drew more than Islanders!) 2005/2006- *18 2000/2001- #22 Now before every Bostonian starts to get upset, before you make your rebuttal the following excuses are not allowed: The Bruins were not good than, The Celtics were having their run, We were watching the Patriots, The Red Sox had everyone's attention, or We were busy bashing New York. Sorry they will not fly. The Detroit Red Wings consisitently make the Top 5 and they have had to compete against a successful Pistons team in the 2000s, a better Tigers team in the 2000s, and a depressed economy. Numbers don't lie, Boston IS NOT a hockey town!
    Posted by Canucks2011Champs[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwnset22. Show dwnset22's posts

Average attendance doesn't mean much when you are playing at capacity and most arenas are bigger than boston. The total attendence is also skewed because we played one less home game this year than most of the league

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

[QUOTE]OP, you may be a hockey fan and a horrible troll, but you also apparently happen to be a dolt too.
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

Im sure after gettin lit up by everyone here thats exactly what he feels like. Id bet he doesnt post on this thread again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Also want to point out some of those years we were low on attendance, it had nothing to do with the fact we had bad team. Season ticket holders were dropping their tickets to make it clear to the management no one was buying their bs. If your team traded the Sedins or Luongo away for grinders there would be outrage and a HUGE drop in ticket sales. It should and would happen to any team. Chicago went through the same thing. Fans did what they had to do to get the message across and if it weren't for that we wouldn't be were we are today and our owner would be spending somewhere between 10 and 20% below the cap. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

wow this gets weak troll post of the year... boston sold out 100% this year.. meaning they had the max number of people possible at the games.. you cant fit more people then the place holds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

In Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!:

Under your lame theory Boston is not a baseball town because the Sox are not tops in attendance.  Looks at the number of sell outs for the B's, not the total number of fans which is purely a function of the number of seats in the house.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

In Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town!:

Posting again because I can't believe how moronic this post is.  As they say, s*&t in, s&*t out.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaGolfer. Show TampaGolfer's posts

THe most interesting stat is that the Bruins draw very well on the road.

They are 4th best in total and 5th best in % full.
    The Canucks are 14th best in average on the road and 9th in full.

MEANS THAT THERE ARE MORE BRUINS FANS ACROSS THE NHL THAN ALL BUT 5 TEAMS!  That's impressive!!

Just my thoughts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

Pretty sure our attendence is ok

Base on espn percent home attendence 2010-11

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a24a0ba9d-9614-4ce8-91d4-c55e95ee53b9&plckCurrentPage=1

1. Blackhawks - 108.7%
    2. Maple Leafs - 102.7%
    3. Flyers - 101.1%
    4. Pens - 100.9 %
    5. Sharks - 100.4%
    6. Canucks - 100.3 %
    7. Bruins - 100% 
       Flames - 100%
       Oilers - 100%
       Canadians - 100%
       Blues - 100%
       Caps - 100%

Amazing what real research can do! Cool  We also have the 5th best road percent with 95.5% dont know what the road percent is but last we are 5th best overall with 97.7% Which puts us ahead of both the canadians 6th with 97.6% and the canucks 9th with 97% soooo. SUCK IT

GO BS!!!!!!!!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! :     As they say, s*&t in, s&*t out.  
    Posted by lukin[/QUOTE]

This means something totally different here in Montreal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

I love it when a troll comes on here and pulls something like this. Based on the posts in response to this guy, Boston fans prove once again how in tune they are to their local teams overall and not just the win and loss columns. By the way, I live in socal and I've always been and will always be a Bruins fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Lol the man in black is king... Just saw DP on Friday without him :(

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: More Proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town! : Stepping outside my fake persona for just a moment, I thought I was the last person alive who loved Ritchie Blackmore. Well done sir.
    Posted by HabsNo16[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

'More proof that Boston is NOT a hockey town?'

Heck well, you're absolutely right. Why? Because it's a CITY you moron.

And BTW, I went to Vancouver once and it was like a ghost town. Eventually I bumped into another tourist and asked him what was up.
    Apparently all the locals had disappeared up their own *sses.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Vancouver = Soccer town They love diving, whineing, crying, faking injuries, etc. Boston has four big sports and typically sells out seats for all of them. Keep trying half pint...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

When they're winning, yes. That's typical in all sports towns, but let's not get carried away and imply that sellouts in Boston are always as typical as they are now when 4 strong teams exist in the area. The Celtics weren't a tough ticket for about 15 years, the pre-Bledsoe Patriots (hard as this is to believe) were almost reloacted to St. Louis and couldn't draw flies, and even the Sox didn't sell out at Fenway in the 90s.  And the Bruins are the same way.

Most teams that always sell out regardless of a winning team are in single-sport markets or have a fan base filled with dopes who continuously reward mediocrity or worse (usually referred to as "Cubs fans".)