More Retaliation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

More Retaliation?

So, people were seeking blood for Scott pounding Thornton, right?

Now, will there be any calls for retaliation for the beating that Kaleta put on Campbell?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: More Retaliation?

When fans/ media hype up a game where there is certain payback/retaliation from prior meeting between the two clubs ,  more often than not , it usually amounts to  a whole lot of nothing.. I mentioned in another topic that I did not expect Scott to tangle with Thorton due to the circumstances that happened in prior game.  Respect among heavyweights still carries some weight among those that have been around for a while like Scott... I was glad to see that..

As for Campbell, you admire the kid's bravery , but not so much his smarts.. he's not a fighter , and wish he would stop before he gets hurt .. Kaleta is a waste of time..quite frankly .. Bruins should do what they did yesterday.. Go in , play thru the nonsense and take two more points.. That's how you get retaliation..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I reccomend Campbell just not fight anymore but he will. At least he doesn't just hang on n dance becuase he's afraid of losing. When Campbell fights he lets his his fists fly, he just doens't know how to throw with both hands. Retribution ? Oh yah now Kaleta thinks he owns Greg but  the odds are in Campbells favor to win during the rematch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I like the fact that Greg will drop the gloves. Pure Bruin style.  Sure he may give up some lbs, height and reach but he's got heart. Kaleta won this battle and to say just leave him be ... No Way. Kaleta is a sh!t disturber and requires a challenge.

If Thornton got involved, I'm sure Scott would have something to say. I liked the way the game turned out. Greg lost the fight but wasn't gonna let Seids take a suspect hit for nothing.

This is what the 4th line is for.

imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

No on Thorts and no on Campbell. Is it retaliation when there is no dirty action? Kaleta's hit was a little late but it wasn't dirty. Never understood the Scott retaliation. The guy is so slow it would be hard for him to be dirty. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Sorry, but I didn't think Kaleta's hit was so awful that it deserved a challenge in the first place.

When did the NHL become such a no-check league that every hard hit requires a staged fight to "respond?"

I'm also not sure what the point of retaliating to Scott was... for someone else to lose to him?  Great.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Campbell going after Kaleta was more about saying to Ruff and the Sabres that we are not going to stop being Bruins because you have a 6 foot 8 goon on your team. As far as fighting Kaleta it is hard to win because he tucks his chin and hides behind his sheild so that you can't hit him. If you can manage to take a few and peel off his helmet he will turtle like a coward. you need to run this clown not fight him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Really, the likes of Chara needs to square off against Scott. Its a height thing with Scott over Thorton. Scott is one big dude. I wouldnt want to waste losing Chara to Scott, but its the better match up in terms of size.

And as for Campbell. I love what he brings to the team. He really is a stand up player and does what is necessary for the team. He may not be the best fighter and over powered in most cases, but he'll stick up for the team and his players. My hats off to him. He's one of my favs on this team, he's a character guy who every team needs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Great new thread here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The B's got their retaliation, winning the game!

Why does this topic even get started...retaliation for the B's resident goon losing a fight, or even worse, retaliation for any of their players losing a fight???

If that became their focus then say goodbye to this great hockey they're playing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

We won the game with dominance. Kudo did not get many challenges/ big scoring chances agst. him. The reason Bruins won is because they kept their discipline with thick skin.

As for retaliation Campbell/Kaleta did what they had to do end of story. The Bruins need to stay focus on the Rangers tonight. Buffalo is not on our playlist until later.

Chara and Scott fighting, bad move for Julien/ Chara. Chara in the box compare to Scott, is a Buffalo advantage. Same goes with Lucic. Scott only plays minimal minutes but Kaleta plays more ice time for a reason. Same goes with Marchand he is on the second line for reason.

Thornton getting clobber by Scott, is something that I can accept. Every team has one enforcer in their line up, is it necessary this is a different debate then retaliation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To me the first game was not about the fight but about the embarrassing loss. The fight was just the onion in the ointment. To gain retribution (not retaliation) by winning was the hope for me and I am glad the B's could pull it off.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Stafford elbowing Hamilton in the head is the only thing that ever required retaliation. It was dirty and dangerous. I'm not sure how that has been allowed by this team yet again. He needs to have somebody punch his face in and send him off the ice bleeding. 

NAS is right about the staged fight BS. Scott and Kaleta, who cares? - Stafford ? where's the emotional response? You really need to stand up for a team mate, especially a kid who gets an elbow to the head. It was a filthy head shot with intent. It can't be allowed, but apparently it has. Not good -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

The B's got their retaliation, winning the game!

Exactly! There should be no cause for retaliation for losing a fight or receiving a clean hit (other than take a number for a return clean hit).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't see why Campbell felt the need to earn an instigator and put his team down on man for a weak little thump of a hit. Seemed like more of an excuse to fight Kaleta, only to get his a*s handed to him...

Campbell should stick to getting in crappy fights with the Craig Adams and Max Talbots of the league.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that the fourth line would be far more important for the bruins to win then the overpaid third line. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

I like the fact that Greg will drop the gloves. Pure Bruin style.  Sure he may give up some lbs, height and reach but he's got heart. Kaleta won this battle and to say just leave him be ... No Way. Kaleta is a sh!t disturber and requires a challenge.

If Thornton got involved, I'm sure Scott would have something to say. I liked the way the game turned out. Greg lost the fight but wasn't gonna let Seids take a suspect hit for nothing.

This is what the 4th line is for.

imo

No, its not.  The fourth line is to give you an even +/- (or close to it) when your top lines need a break.  A little bit of offense, a lot of defense.  Its to stall until you can get your skilled players back out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that the fourth line would be far more important for the bruins to win then the overpaid third line. 

Are you serious?  In the last game, Pevs and Borque helped the go ahead PP goal.  In the game before that, they were even in +/- and had some opportunities.  In the game before that, they had the  only goal.  Yes, the third line got off to a slow start; however, I wouldnt say that this statement is accurate.  

Dont let 10 games (really 7, because Pevs has been better for the last 3) let you forget how good these two have been over the last couple of years.

Remember when we won the cup with balanced scoring?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Are you serious?  In the last game, Pevs and Borque helped the go ahead PP goal.  In the game before that, they were even in +/- and had some opportunities.  In the game before that, they had the  only goal.  Yes, the third line got off to a slow start; however, I wouldnt say that this statement is accurate.  

Dont let 10 games (really 7, because Pevs has been better for the last 3) let you forget how good these two have been over the last couple of years.

Remember when we won the cup with balanced scoring?

You are correct bourque scored the only goal in that game and had a helper on the pp making 550k. While Kelly and pevs haven't contributed jack and they are making a combined 6.25mil my point exactly. They were never worth that much of a cap hit, they better start producing or you are looking at team that is dependent on two lines to do all the scoring just like the rest of the league. The fourth line has more goals than the third line and they have less ice time and makeup the pk unit as well. To say the fourth line hasn't done more than the third line is a complete joke. Past performance does not help with the present games, if Kelly and pevs do not contribute what we paid them for then look for the bs to lose any games they let up 3 goals or more.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I still have faith in Kelly and Peverly IF they get somebody to play with. They need a banger who can shoot it. Their production is suffering due to the AHL talent they have been burdened with.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

I really like Campbell and all he brings to the table.  The way he stands up for his teammates while fully knowing he's gonna get his a$s whooped is great.

But i'm on the fence about him fighting because a) A guy who most likely deserves to answer the bell, is not only getting off easy compared to his other potential dance partners, but he's winning decisevely.  And b) His team is getting the boost.

I have no idea what the solution is but seeing guys like ott and kaleta raising their hands instead of going to the room for repairs is frustrating.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

I still have faith in Kelly and Peverly IF they get somebody to play with. They need a banger who can shoot it. Their production is suffering due to the AHL talent they have been burdened with.  

Yep, again..........looks like this spot in the lineup will be a focus to upgrade for PC before the playoffs begin.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Yep, again..........looks like this spot in the lineup will be a focus to upgrade for PC before the playoffs begin.

Lets hope the new signing is not the replacement don't see him contributing. As well I'd have to say bourque has been playing quality minutes I find it hard to label him the problem. Pevs and Kelly got their contracts and haven't given 100% since. Both had career years before their contract was up and got paid and have yet to perform. I said over and over that I thought we overpaid for them. And what do you know they haven't giving the bs the dynamic third line scoring unit we thought we were signing. Thank the sky that our top two lines are on fire otherwise we wouldn't be sitting on the top of the standings. Not a big krejci guy but he has shut me up this season he looks to be at his best as does Marchand and Horton every night these guys are putting it in the net. If our third line could chip in every once and a while we would be running over every team we played. Let's stop making excuses for Kelly and pev they need to start showing up. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Lets hope the new signing is not the replacement don't see him contributing. As well I'd have to say bourque has been playing quality minutes I find it hard to label him the problem. Pevs and Kelly got their contracts and haven't given 100% since. Both had career years before their contract was up and got paid and have yet to perform. I said over and over that I thought we overpaid for them. And what do you know they haven't giving the bs the dynamic third line scoring unit we thought we were signing. Thank the sky that our top two lines are on fire otherwise we wouldn't be sitting on the top of the standings. Not a big krejci guy but he has shut me up this season he looks to be at his best as does Marchand and Horton every night these guys are putting it in the net. If our third line could chip in every once and a while we would be running over every team we played. Let's stop making excuses for Kelly and pev they need to start showing up. 

What will it take for you to show up and not write anything stupid?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So, people were seeking blood for Scott pounding Thornton, right?

Now, will there be any calls for retaliation for the beating that Kaleta put on Campbell?

No retaliation, but different situations and reactions by posters.

One was two equally matched players nearly the same size (7 pounds to Kaleta) and Campbell just got beaten that time.

The other fight resulted in a concussion and injury time. I am not calling for retaliation for that one either. Skating circles around Scott and winning the game is enough. Same thing for Friday. 

Sections
Shortcuts