Morning Smiles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Morning Smiles

Most Overated Players in the NHL

It was surprising that Ryan Kesler won the Selke Trophy a year ago. He does not possess very good hands, and his shot is below average for NHL offensive forwards. The fact that he won the trophy was one thing, but being able to repeat that effort is another. This past season, Kesler really cost the Vancouver Canucks' playoff season due to his ineffectiveness in all areas of the ice.

People may argue he suffered a long rehab from injuries, but he came back and never played the same. Canucks are paying him $5 million a year, so he must contribute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: Morning Smiles

Phil Kessel is put in this bad position by the Toronto Maple Leafs, and not really his own fault. The Boston Bruins refused to sign Kessel to very high salary for long-term, and Kessel decided to hold out. Brian Burke came out and decided to trade two first-rounders and a second-rounder from his non-playoff team to Boston for the RFA status of Phil Kessel.

The danger in the transaction wasn't so much about what Kessel could do because Kessel is an impressive young player with very good scoring touch. However, he is up against a Mount Everest he will never be able to climb.

Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight will easily out-perform Phil Kessel now and into the future. Seguin has already proven his worth by winning a Stanley Cup and following up with a 67-point season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1183020-nhl-rankings-30-most-overrated-players-in-the-league/page/26

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

#25 Nathan Horton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's Bleacher Report.  I'd rather hit myself in the face with a hammer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Morning Smiles:
    It's Bleacher Report.  I'd rather hit myself in the face with a hammer.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Exactly. They have Gomez as the #1 Most Overrated.

I think its hard to be the MOST overrated when you are widely regarded as the WORST player in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Morning Smiles:
    In Response to Re: Morning Smiles : Exactly. They have Gomez as the #1 Most Overrated. I think its hard to be the MOST overrated when you are widely regarded as the WORST player in the league.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

ILH, I respectfully disagree. Gomez was probably the most overpaid player but he's neither the worst nor the most over-rated. I would love to see the Habs buy him out and PC swoop in and get him for Pouliot dollars. People wouldn't have complained as much if Gomez was only getting 1 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bleacher Report is like Eklund, only in full paragraphs.

Worthless.

Sections
Shortcuts