Morrow to Pittsburgh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Morrow to Pittsburgh?

i wouldnt be shocked if pitt land iggy as well.  Their prospects are solid.  

the fact pc called feaster immediately and was told april 4th really puts the pressure on.  They must add a depth dman soon and add a smaller piece for the fwds now as well.  By saying april 4th he is really gonna get what he wants for iggy.  The asking price just went up.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Oh well, is that the player the B's really need though? The bigger fish await !

If Bruin's go after Iginla i think Camara will be in the deal.

I honestly won't listen to any prospects going unless it comes from Chowda. He's the prospect expert that I trust the most in here. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

Morrow has become a real injury prone player as of late, because of his gritty style.  I'm glad Pitt went that route because it takes them out of the trade market and essentially puts us in the driver's seat for Iginla.  Morrow was 5th on my personal wish list behind: Iginla, St. Louis, Alfredsson and Clowe.  Alfredsson is not happening and Clowe is a distant 4th.  Even if Iginla were only a rental, I would give up whatever it takes that doesn't involve Spooner.  Our first round pick will be bottom 5 (crapshot at best), roster player would be Caron and the prospect Jared Knight.  Do it!

Caron can barely make the lineup if any roster players leave for a big name it'll be peverley Horton or Ference. Even then it's unlikely. 

If that's what they want fine. But something tells me that the package you put together isn't what Calgary is looking for. Try Subban, and go from there.

That isn't my package for him. I never said it was. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

the fact pc called feaster immediately and was told april 4th really puts the pressure on.  They must add a depth dman soon and add a smaller piece for the fwds now as well.  By saying april 4th he is really gonna get what he wants for iggy.  The asking price just went up.  

I was going to type the samething Shupe & it's a fair assumption. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

kndobin and spooner will be going to calgary and possibly more, there could be 2 coming from the flames making it a blockbuster deal. Just my thoughts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

They dont have the cap room after picking up Morrow. They would need to shed 4M from current roster. I really thought Pens would have him but then they would not have made this move. I think Flames really want a goalie, prospect.

Kitchener, the $$$ paid to player are prorated but not the cap hit. Iginla's cap hit of 7M must fit . This is why theyare saying Chicago with about 3.25m left on their cap would not be able to support Iginla's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

kndobin and spooner will be going to calgary and possibly more, there could be 2 coming from the flames making it a blockbuster deal. Just my thoughts

ahhh that's why they wanted to showcase Khubodin last night : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

They dont have the cap room after picking up Morrow. They would need to shed 4M from current roster. I really thought Pens would have him but then they would not have made this move. I think Flames really want a goalie, prospect.

Kitchener, the $$$ paid to player are prorated but not the cap hit. Iginla's cap hit of 7M must fit . This is why theyare saying Chicago with about 3.25m left on their cap would not be able to support Iginla's.

Not that hard to wheel and deal a few pieces.  Pitt has a way of making great deals.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Caron can barely make the lineup if any roster players leave for a big name it'll be peverley Horton or Ference. Even then it's unlikely. 

you think that a rebuilding team would have no interest in caron, yet you think they would jump at ference? may i ask why?

Did I say they would? No bit I'd be more pressed to get someone who's had a nhl career over someone who may be a third liner at best. Ference is a ufa after the season. A team might take a look at that. No knee wants a trade centered around Caron. 

Unfortunately i can't make any sense of the last sentence. You need to think about what certain types of teams are looking for. For a contending team, ference, the vet with experience is more desireable. For a rebuilding team, ference is worth nothing. A young forward starting his career is worth something. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

I also think Khudobin could be trade bait. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

But i agree.  it will be harder.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Well Toronto just killed that deal then didn't they?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I read that Dallas wanted an NHL ready prospect and to high draft picks. It is correct Pittsburgh does have to shed some money it will have to be a current roster player. Cooke, Pasqual and Eaton are expiring contracts. Should be interesting when the trade details come out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

you think that a rebuilding team would have no interest in caron, yet you think they would jump at ference? may i ask why?

Did I say they would? No bit I'd be more pressed to get someone who's had a nhl career over someone who may be a third liner at best. Ference is a ufa after the season. A team might take a look at that. No knee wants a trade centered around Caron. 

Unfortunately i can't make any sense of the last sentence. You need to think about what certain types of teams are looking for. For a contending team, ference, the vet with experience is more desireable. For a rebuilding team, ference is worth nothing. A young forward starting his career is worth something. 

Sorry. On my phone. No one will center a deal around Caron. Calgary doesnt want him. Fact is Boston has few prospects that they can center a deal around. they'd have to give up a lot if Caron is the centerpiece. I know how trades work no need to tell me Youngblood. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Well Toronto just killed that deal then didn't they?

One bad game so far? No I don't think so. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: "Pitt gets B. Morrow and a 3rd-round pick 2013 in exchange Dallas gets prospects Joe Morrow and a 5th-round pick 2013"

That can't be it ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: "Pitt gets B. Morrow and a 3rd-round pick 2013 in exchange Dallas gets prospects Joe Morrow and a 5th-round pick 2013"

That can't be it ?

Iginla's price will drop now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Flames main need is a goalie ready to take over sooner rather than later....  Subban's not the answer....

Kings best bet with Bernier....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Sorry. On my phone. No one will center a deal around Caron. Calgary doesnt want him. Fact is Boston has few prospects that they can center a deal around. they'd have to give up a lot if Caron is the centerpiece. I know how trades work no need to tell me Youngblood. 

i agree that a deal will not be centered around caron, i just don't understand why ference would draw more interest in your eyes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

That can't be it ?

Iginla's price will drop now. 

i agree

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

i agree that a deal will not be centered around caron, i just don't understand why ference would draw more interest in your eyes

Because most teams that at trading are buyers. Looking to add guys Afro a run. Ference has a ring and is by all reports a good clubhouse guy. Caron? He's big and doesn't use his size even on the bruins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That can't be it ?

yup that's it and Haggs just tweeted that Bruins offered Koko and a 2nd but not sure how credible that is.

Shero being Shero

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

That can't be it ?

yup that's it and Haggs just tweeted that Bruins offered Koko and a 2nd but not sure how credible that is.

Shero being Shero

Dallas does need d help more than offensive help

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am sure PC tried but in this market it is "really tough to get things done."