Morrow to Pittsburgh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Morrow to Pittsburgh?

In response to BsLegion's comment:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: "Pitt gets B. Morrow and a 3rd-round pick 2013 in exchange Dallas gets prospects Joe Morrow and a 5th-round pick 2013"

That can't be it ?

yup that's it and Haggs just tweeted that Bruins offered Koko and a 2nd but not sure how credible that is.

Shero being Shero

64 points in 62 games as a defenseman in the WHL is allot. I would say Joe Neuwindyk (sp?) would be right if he turned down KoKo. 6'1" defenseman that can score like that are pretty hard to turn down.

Wonder if Book has any scoop on Edmonton boy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

Caron can barely make the lineup if any roster players leave for a big name it'll be peverley Horton or Ference. Even then it's unlikely. 

you think that a rebuilding team would have no interest in caron, yet you think they would jump at ference? may i ask why?

Did I say they would? No bit I'd be more pressed to get someone who's had a nhl career over someone who may be a third liner at best. Ference is a ufa after the season. A team might take a look at that. No knee wants a trade centered around Caron. 

Unfortunately i can't make any sense of the last sentence. You need to think about what certain types of teams are looking for. For a contending team, ference, the vet with experience is more desireable. For a rebuilding team, ference is worth nothing. A young forward starting his career is worth something. 

Sorry. On my phone. No one will center a deal around Caron. Calgary doesnt want him. Fact is Boston has few prospects that they can center a deal around. they'd have to give up a lot if Caron is the centerpiece. I know how trades work no need to tell me Youngblood. 

i agree that a deal will not be centered around caron, i just don't understand why ference would draw more interest in your eyes

Because most teams that at trading are buyers. Looking to add guys Afro a run. Ference has a ring and is by all reports a good clubhouse guy. Caron? He's big and doesn't use his size even on the bruins. 

Calgary is what is commonly refered to in the trading game as a "seller"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

Caron can barely make the lineup if any roster players leave for a big name it'll be peverley Horton or Ference. Even then it's unlikely. 

you think that a rebuilding team would have no interest in caron, yet you think they would jump at ference? may i ask why?

Did I say they would? No bit I'd be more pressed to get someone who's had a nhl career over someone who may be a third liner at best. Ference is a ufa after the season. A team might take a look at that. No knee wants a trade centered around Caron. 

Unfortunately i can't make any sense of the last sentence. You need to think about what certain types of teams are looking for. For a contending team, ference, the vet with experience is more desireable. For a rebuilding team, ference is worth nothing. A young forward starting his career is worth something. 

Sorry. On my phone. No one will center a deal around Caron. Calgary doesnt want him. Fact is Boston has few prospects that they can center a deal around. they'd have to give up a lot if Caron is the centerpiece. I know how trades work no need to tell me Youngblood. 

i agree that a deal will not be centered around caron, i just don't understand why ference would draw more interest in your eyes

Because most teams that at trading are buyers. Looking to add guys Afro a run. Ference has a ring and is by all reports a good clubhouse guy. Caron? He's big and doesn't use his size even on the bruins. 

Calgary is what is commonly refered to in the trading game as a "seller"

Thank you capt obvious. Read my posts if you want to have a conversation. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

admitingly if khodin was showcased in TO it was a bad one for him but thats the only bad game he has had in any start in the nhl. I thought that game was lost from too much line matching .

The Bs have this week to sort it out and is it possible a bad week can change pc into a seller too ?I mean what if they cant add and feel without an addition they will go nowhere in the playoffs, hard to imagine but possible.

I think if you ignore a rental and look forward to next yesr in a deal now, you go after vanek and another good dman,Theis team has stuggled too long for goals especially on the pp, Ithere rating of 5th or whatever offensively is misleading)  i think this team is ready for a shakeup, altho id luv to see the Bs get back on track and be consistent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I did read what you said. You said this. I asked you why calgary would draw more interest than Caron. You said "because most teams are buyers"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Anybody else think that Morrow picked the Pens over the Bruins and that it wasn't the Stars decision?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Anybody else think that Morrow picked the Pens over the Bruins and that it wasn't the Stars decision?  

I do

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I do

Do you blame him?  I don't. If I was a forward and had the chance to go to Disco Dan's system, or Claude's, I think I would pick Disco's.  Plus there are a couple of guys named Crosby & Malkin up front.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I do

Do you blame him?  I don't. If I was a forward and had the chance to go to Disco Dan's system, or Claude's, I think I would pick Disco's.  Plus there are a couple of guys named Crosby & Malkin up front.

Crosby isn't well liked by many players outside of Pitts. They feel he still whines too much & the Pitt's organization as a whole isn't looked at very well either. After all the whining & complaining they did after Crosby got smacked, but didn't say anything while they had the king of the headhunters in their own back yard. So, Morrow may have chosen Pitts, but not everybody will make the same choice. My source is a head trainer of an NHL team, who talks to other trainers, who talk to a lot of players every day. Crosby is loathed by most!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Do you blame him?  I don't. If I was a forward and had the chance to go to Disco Dan's system, or Claude's, I think I would pick Disco's.  Plus there are a couple of guys named Crosby & Malkin up front."

Julien won the cup with Krejci and Lucic in 2011, beating Vancouvers offensive minded system. Nieuwendyk wanted a blue chip D prospect, KoKo was offered by PC but Dallas went with what they needed and wanted.

Morrow's decesion making on what city he wanted was not in play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

San, I'd have to agree. I don't think Morrow got to pick.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Morrow wouldn't have added much offense to the B'S, if any at all....  even the physical play he was noted for are long gone.... 

i wouldn't mortgage the future for Iginla plus i don't think the B'S have what the Flames are looking for....

although he's not liked on this board i think Mike Ribeiro could be the sparkplug the B'S are missing, especially on the pp....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I do

Crosby isn't well liked by many players outside of Pitts. They feel he still whines too much & the Pitt's organization as a whole isn't looked at very well either. After all the whining & complaining they did after Crosby got smacked, but didn't say anything while they had the king of the headhunters in their own back yard. So, Morrow may have chosen Pitts, but not everybody will make the same choice. My source is a head trainer of an NHL team, who talks to other trainers, who talk to a lot of players every day. Crosby is loathed by most!  

How do you know this.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I honestly won't listen to any prospects going unless it comes from Chowda. He's the prospect expert that I trust the most in here. 

He's the the authority here, without question.  A real asset, just like you, nite...minus the "et" part.

Take that!  Some salt for your salt!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I honestly won't listen to any prospects going unless it comes from Chowda. He's the prospect expert that I trust the most in here. 

He's the the authority here, without question.  A real asset, just like you, nite...minus the "et" part.

Take that!  Some salt for your salt!

LMAO! I'll let you have that for about....AH Fawk it! Up urs Pencil Dick!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

How do you know this.  

See bolded. I'm not telling you the team, but I've said it here enuff to figure it out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

This article:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=419100

Sounds to me like Shero only pitched the Pens to Morrow. Seems like he did not "choose" the Pens over the Bruins.