Most Hated Rivals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Most Hated Rivals

It's pretty clear who it will be, but out of curiosity for the other rival teams (and to get something going besides CBA speculation and Bobby Ryan Fantasies)...

Which do you guys hate the most?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Most Hated Rivals

Without out question, it's Montreal.  They terrorized me as a child in the 80's and came back to stick it to me again in the early part of the last decade.  It's really nice these days to have a great team in Boston and watch the smug Habs fans suffer, but they'll rise again.

As for the rest of the teams, I consider myself a fan of the Leafs and the Senators.  Buffalo is a non-factor.  While there are plenty of reasons to hate the Flyers guts, I was a huge Legion of Doom fan and that has carried over to today.  Hartnell is awesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Still number one on my list is the Habs. 40 years of watching the bruins choke to the les canadiens. Eventually the bruins did pull off a game seven victory and went on to win the cup ce la vie being a bruins fan. Always been the most nail biting hockey playoff series Boston and Montreal.

My other favorite rival was the Hartford whalers playoff series, the bruins seemed to have the green jersey number.

Since the leafs came into the north east div., Toronto is definitely on the rise as the most hated. It is not so much the team i despise more the fans i dislike.

I do live smack dab in the middle of both leafs and sabres media hockey talk. So i had a choice either listen to radio on the way to work or just turn the channel. My option 80% of the time is change the channel unless Boston is in town and the media talk gives their perception on the the bruins. From what I hear Toronto media has a better respect for the bruins then buffalo.

Philly and Ottawa i give and take. Vancouver and Pittsburgh are 2 teams that I really starting to dislike when playing the bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I currently hate the Canucks the most. I used to be a huge Bure fan, but I despise their current team. After them it's the Habs of course. I enjoy 'hating' the Flyers, but I love watching them, they are a fun team. I dislike the Sabers and their overall team attitude.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

I'm a younger, newer fan so I would have to vote for the Flyers. It's not an easy pick but something about that team just makes me hate them - maybe they just have a lot of players you hate to play against but would love to have (ie Hartnell).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not that I don't get up for matchups against the Canadiens, I do but the Bruins have done really well against the toilet seats since 88' so it's not the same for me like it was in the late 70's n early 80's.

The Penguins have been the team I loath the most, the team I want to see Boston stomp on! I hate Pittsburgh, their cry-baby owner and star wuzzy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In Response to Re: Most Hated Rivals:
    [QUOTE]Without out question, it's Montreal.  They terrorized me as a child in the 80's and came back to stick it to me again in the early part of the last decade.  It's really nice these days to have a great team in Boston and watch the smug Habs fans suffer, but they'll rise again. As for the rest of the teams, I consider myself a fan of the Leafs and the Senators.  Buffalo is a non-factor.  While there are plenty of reasons to hate the Flyers guts, I was a huge Legion of Doom fan and that has carried over to today.  Hartnell is awesome.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

^^^^ What he said...

Growing up in Southern Ontario in the 70s - 80s, I had to endure many losing games and playoff series against the Habs since many friends were either Tor/Mtl fans (Sens weren't resurrected then). But Toronto is a close second though, with Ottawa a distant third.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The Habs w/out a doubt. Too many men on the ice crushed me as a kid and it kept going right into the 80s. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

How could anyone here not say Montreal??  I know the Canucks have annoyed us for the past 18 months, but c'mon, keep some perspective.  Not only have the Habs beat the Bruins in heartbreaking fashion many, many times, but they also have the most insanely arrogant organization in the league.  Montreal is the only place where I expect the Bruins to get jobbed on calls, and those clowns love to come down to Boston and prance around the Garden signing soccer songs.  It's sickening.

It's Montreal every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  They won't be bad for long either...

I also hate the Flyers (franchise, fans, everything) and the Canucks (current team, coach, GM).

But I rooted for the Canucks hard in the 94' Cup and was a big Trevor Linden fan.  I've never rooted for Montreal.  Not once.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Without out question, it's Montreal.  They terrorized me as a child in the 80's and came back to stick it to me again in the early part of the last decade.  It's really nice these days to have a great team in Boston and watch the smug Habs fans suffer, but they'll rise again. As for the rest of the teams, I consider myself a fan of the Leafs and the Senators.  Buffalo is a non-factor.  While there are plenty of reasons to hate the Flyers guts, I was a huge Legion of Doom fan and that has carried over to today.  Hartnell is awesome.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    A fan of the Leafs too?  I knew I liked you for a reason, NAS, albeit there hasn't been a lot to be a Leaf fan ately (or ever depending on how old you are) :).

I guess Leaf fans like me are both eternal optimists and masachists; till death do we part.

Oh well, last I checked we're currently for 1st.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

P.S.  I can't stand the senators (although we seem to kick their butts anytime we met in the playoff,) sabres (Leaf nemesis from the beginning), habs (nice to see them drop a notch) and flyers (back to broad street bully days).

I appreciate watching the Bruins, Wings and Penguins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't like or hate the Leafs. The only feeling I have towards them is pity.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

schabs, plain and simple. 

Cam Neely and Reggie Lemelin will forever go down as Bruin heros for finally defeating the schabs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I started watching in the 70's...Don Cherry teams. I never thought I'd hate a team more than the Habs for what they put me through.
    But now I do, and it's not even close- the "penguins" make me want to puuuke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Obviously the Habs are the number 1 hated team in my books. The Flyers are definitley number 2. I can't stand them. Year after year, they continue to be one of the dirtiest teams in all sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Hated Rivals : A fan of the Leafs too?  I knew I liked you for a reason, NAS, albeit there hasn't been a lot to be a Leaf fan ately (or ever depending on how old you are) :). I guess Leaf fans like me are both eternal optimists and masachists; till death do we part. Oh well, last I checked we're currently for 1st.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

It was much easier to be a Leafs fan when they were in the Campbell.  It's sort of hard to have another team you like in the same division, but lately it's been easy because they've been so terrible.

I got on the Leafs in the early 90's with Gilmour, Andreychuk heck even Jamie McCoun!  Those teams were great to watch (and read about).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No rivalry in sports can match the Boston-Montreal rivalry. Period. Yes there are some good rivalries out there, Sox-Yanks, Giants-Dodgers, Packers-Bears etc..but none compare.

When has a Montreal-Boston playoff series, no matter who has won, let you down as far as entertainment factor? And we always have a couple of games in the regular season, no matter how good or bad one is doing, that become epic games.

I just don't see how one can argue the fact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]No rivalry in sports can match the Boston-Montreal rivalry. Period. Yes there are some good rivalries out there, Sox-Yanks, Giants-Dodgers, Packers-Bears etc..but none compare. When has a Montreal-Boston playoff series, no matter who has won, let you down as far as entertainment factor? And we always have a couple of games in the regular season, no matter how good or bad one is doing, that become epic games. I just don't see how one can argue the fact.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Sox-Yankees was good til the Red Sox became as unlikable as the Yankees. I like hockey rivalries (particularly Bos-Mon) because there is actually hate between the rival teams unlike in other sports. David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, and other big names on the Red Sox are all buddies with the Yankees players, constantly slapping eachother's as*es and what not during games. The Sox-Yankees rivalry would be practically be non-existant at this point in time if it weren't for the media overhyping it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Montreal Canadiens.  End of story.  For the longest while they seemed to have the Bruins' number come the playoffs.  Add to that their fans always seemed to come across to me as insufferable winners for some reason.  Not sure why.  Anyone else have the same vibe?  I always thought that bloody Na-Na-Na song epitomzed poor sportsmanship - no doubt due to it signaling a Hab win.  My thoughts were they had the win wrapped up so why rub it in? 

When they finally beat them in that best of five Adams Division Final back in 1988 I was ecstatic.  It was like the Bruins got to the top of the mountain after coming up short so often against them.  Sure I wanted them to go on as far as they could the rest of the way but finally booting the Habs out was my final.  I have no objectivity with them.  I hate the Habs. 

I loathe the Canucks for their much-discussed low budget style of play revealed for all to see but because the Bruins beat them for the Cup the feeling doesn't run as deep in me had the Canucks and their crap tactics come out on top. 

As I live in a Leaf universe up here I follow their movements second only to the Bruins.  So far the dust is settling very nicely for the Bruins on the Kessel deal in the form of Seguin who appears to be on a skyrocketing trajectory of a career.  We'll be watching Hamilton to see his hopeful development into a kingpin Bruin defenseman.  Prior to knowing who and where the Bruins would be picking in the 2010 draft for obvious reasons I wanted the Leafs to lose as much as possible.  Hearing so much talk up here about how Burke fleeced, cornered, bullied and out-smarted PC was annoying.  Now I wish them no ill. 

With Buffalo adding Ott to the already irritating Kaleta the potential is there for the Sabres to move up in the rivals listings. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]No rivalry in sports can match the Boston-Montreal rivalry. Period. Yes there are some good rivalries out there, Sox-Yanks, Giants-Dodgers, Packers-Bears etc..but none compare. When has a Montreal-Boston playoff series, no matter who has won, let you down as far as entertainment factor? And we always have a couple of games in the regular season, no matter how good or bad one is doing, that become epic games. I just don't see how one can argue the fact.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Red Sox vs. Yankees has a much larger history and following around the world.  Add in many more games each year and I'd put that over the top.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Pain lesions from those days gone by... Montreal!  Nothing else to say, Claude Lemieux was the most cowardly player I have seen, opps forgot Avery.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Montreal Canadiens.  End of story.  For the longest while they seemed to have the Bruins' number come the playoffs.  Add to that their fans always seemed to come across to me as insufferable winners for some reason.  Not sure why.  Anyone else have the same vibe?  I always thought that bloody Na-Na-Na song epitomzed poor sportsmanship - no doubt due to it signaling a Hab win.  My thoughts were they had the win wrapped up so why rub it in?  When they finally beat them in that best of five Adams Division Final back in 1988 I was ecstatic.  It was like the Bruins got to the top of the mountain after coming up short so often against them.  Sure I wanted them to go on as far as they could the rest of the way but finally booting the Habs out was my final.  I have no objectivity with them.  I hate the Habs.  I loathe the Canucks for their much-discussed low budget style of play revealed for all to see but because the Bruins beat them for the Cup the feeling doesn't run as deep in me had the Canucks and their crap tactics come out on top.  As I live in a Leaf universe up here I follow their movements second only to the Bruins.  So far the dust is settling very nicely for the Bruins on the Kessel deal in the form of Seguin who appears to be on a skyrocketing trajectory of a career.  We'll be watching Hamilton to see his hopeful development into a kingpin Bruin defenseman.  Prior to knowing who and where the Bruins would be picking in the 2010 draft for obvious reasons I wanted the Leafs to lose as much as possible.  Hearing so much talk up here about how Burke fleeced, cornered, bullied and out-smarted PC was annoying.  Now I wish them no ill.  With Buffalo adding Ott to the already irritating Kaleta the potential is there for the Sabres to move up in the rivals listings. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    In my mind, there is no one else. I hate the Habs for all the times they broke my heart.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Currently Van
    AllTime Habs

I like Ottawa and Philly.  Richards/Hartnell/Cobourn/Pronger/Giroux.  Like them all.  Love Neil in Ottawa. 

Buffalo- no hate. just annoying Ruff and Miller
    Leafs- feel sorry for them and I hope they make the playoffs.