Most Underrated Player in the NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Most Underrated Player in the NHL

Who do you feel is the most underrated player in the NHL?  In my book, David Krejci is the most underrated player in the league.  In fact, he is the most underrated player on the Bruins. Why does Krejci not get respect?  If you asked non-Bruins fans who the best players on the Bruins are, when does Krejci's name appear?  Heck if you ask us posters on BDC, where does Krejci fall in the pecking order.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReillyO24. Show ReillyO24's posts

Re: Most Underrated Player in the NHL

Krejci get points in the regular season at a pace of about .73 per game. In the playoffs he has a pace of about .92. So he is above average in the regular season and exceptional in the playoffs. He will go down as one of the top playoff performers in Boston's history by the time his career is over.

Formerly known as Taz24

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

ST

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I don't think Crawford or Rask get as much love as they deserve for putting their teams in a position to win every night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think Dennis Seidenbergs name should be thrown in the mix too. You hardly hear his name mentioned by anyone that isnt a B's fan.  He a solid defenseman who does his job and has been one of the more consitent d-men on the team since he became a Bruin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Thomas Plekanac

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Some good ones brought up here. Krejci is a decent answer. I remember a few years ago in a players poll he was actually voted most underrated. Bergeron is so good all around, but then again he did win the Selke, he has gotten some recognition. Seidenberg is a phenomenal player, and has an unreal contract. My answer to this question is Keith Yandle. Having said that, I'm honestly not sure I saw him play this season. However I've always really liked his game, and have always really wanted the bruins to acquire him. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Matt Cooke.

Very under-rated in terms of cowardice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sobotka 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bryan Bickell

"Guilt is a powerful motivator, eh Brick ?" ~ Jack

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Bryan Bickell

"Guilt is a powerful motivator, eh Brick ?" ~ Jack

I think he is our new john druce or ward.  I remember mayers having a great playoffs for st louis. Now hes shoiting pucks in the other teams net in warm ups. 

i think each team has one.  Dan Cleary would be my pick.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll exclude Bruins because we talk about them all the time.

Mikko Koivu.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Wayne Simmonds

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Sobotka 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

duinne would be proud

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

DANIEL PAILLE

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Peverley.

Nah, just sh*tting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Slava Voynov

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Boychuk

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to pucman's comment:

Boychuk

please tell me you're joking. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Justin Abdelkader.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I know we talk about Krejci being streaky, and when he's on, he's on. Also we have known for him to be an awesome playoff performer. But he has taken it to a whole new level this year. Absolutely unreal. This is what happens with him when Lucic is on his game. I don't know if anyone remembers, but I was arguably the biggest Lucic basher all year (I've been referring to him as the "bag of d**ks). Despite that name, I always want Bruins players to play well, even if I question their desire. When he plays hard, that line doesn't get stopped.

I know he led playoff scorers 2 years ago where he had 23 points in 25 games, but that seemed like he was just playing a little bit better than normal, and frankly, a lot of his points weren't big ones.

This year? He has the team on his back. He's scoring at a Crosby-like clip (in the regular season, HA), and he's scoring big points.

Big props to Horton, too. He's proving to be a big time playoff performer, and due to that, I hope they can swing some way to keep him in the offseason. I'm all for trading Peverley/Kelly for a few mid-round draft picks to clear the cap space for #18 to be with us for a few more years, despite his tendencies to disappear for stretches during the regular season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Now that I think about it, are the Bruins the most underrated team in the NHL?  What were the vegas odds going into the conference finals for the remaining 4 teams?  How many times have we all heard that they were LUCKY to win in 2011?  Even if they don't win the cup again this year, hasn't this team proven that they are one of the best teams in the league and that they are for real and as talented as any other club?  NBC posed the question to Milbury as to why Krejci doesn't get more run as one of the best players in the league.  Mike said it was because of David's personality, he doesn't give a good interview because he is so calm and quiet and monotone.  

Street hockey is great for kids. It’s energetic, competitive, and skillful. And best of all it keeps them off the street.