Most Wanted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Most Wanted

In Response to Re: Most Wanted:
    In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Not sure I agree with your assessment. Call Hunwick lots of things but coward gutless shouldn't be one of them. Here's his fight with Evander Kane(he who KO'ed Matt Cooke). http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/99385
    Posted by dezaruchi

That fight happened sometime just before he was gone. Seemed like he knew his job was on the line. It was fake emotion, just like NAS would call him out for. He never stood up while he was here. All I'm saying is that I don't believe he takes that shot on somebody else other than Savard or someone his size. I know that he doesn't fit with the other dbags on this list, but he ended Savard's career by dishing out a high hit along the boards  - after the puck was gone, and he never played like that while in Boston. So, F*** him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : That fight happened sometime just before he was gone. Seemed like he knew his job was on the line. It was fake emotion, just like NAS would call him out for. He never stood up while he was here. All I'm saying is that I don't believe he takes that shot on somebody else other than Savard or someone his size. I know that he doesn't fit with the other dbags on this list, but he ended Savard's career by dishing out a high hit along the boards  - after the puck was gone, and he never played like that while in Boston. So, F*** him.
    Posted by JWensink

I think if a player like Hunwick stops finishing his checks on those types of plays, he'll find himself out of work in a hurry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I agree with most of the names listed (Hunwick doesn't deseve to be on the list though). I'd also add anyone with the last name Ruutu, though I think Tuomo is the last one left in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Shupe I think you might be missing the point of the exercise.  At least for me, this is not so much a list of bad people, that I hate, and would never want on my team.  It's just a list of guys that I would love to see leveled by someone in a Bruins jersey.  You wouldn't like to see Burrows get decked by Bergeron? Subban? Hartnell? Cammalleri? It doesn't mean they aren't good players.  I even enjoy watching Marchand get thumped because he can be such a punk, and I still love what he does for the Bruins. I don't care much about Rome.  The hit was late and illegal, but he got punished and he isn't like Burrows or Lapierre in terms of conduct.  Comparing Boychuk's hit to Rome's hit is stupid though, since one was not even a penalty. Screw it, add Raffi Torres and Robyn Regehr to my list...they're both bums... 
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch,
    Just stirring the pot.  I would focus all my teams energy on winning games.  Its obvious that paybacks are a thing of the past.  If it werent the way Cooke would have been given a thumping every time he sees a Boston jersey.

White- border line tough guy who is really the only guy on Montreal that will drop his mits.  No issue with him.
    Rome- late hit causing major injury.  Rome was also railroaded in the SJ series from behind with no call.  Maybe he was tired of the rules as well.  I am assuming Lucic/Horton to handle this.
    Downie- as much as he is a pest I find myself cheering for him.  He will fight, he will drive teams crazy and he does have skill.  He has had several dirty hits but he is a hockey player.
    Hunwick- None issue.

Just getting the juices flowing as the season approaches. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : That fight happened sometime just before he was gone. Seemed like he knew his job was on the line. It was fake emotion, just like NAS would call him out for. He never stood up while he was here. All I'm saying is that I don't believe he takes that shot on somebody else other than Savard or someone his size. I know that he doesn't fit with the other dbags on this list, but he ended Savard's career by dishing out a high hit along the boards  - after the puck was gone, and he never played like that while in Boston. So, F*** him.
    Posted by JWensink

I would love to know how you identify "fake emotion".  Looked to me like he was getting jumped by an obviously tougher opponent.  Instead of turtling or taking the Subban "beckon the refs!" approach, he decided to actually stick up for himself and fight.  Fighting when you know you are taking on a tougher opponent takes guts.  He took some punches too.  Maybe Hunwick didn't show guts very often, but he showed 'em there.

My grudge against Hunwick has a lot more to do with a seemingly countless string of turnovers in Boston, then it does with the slightly nasty shoulder check on Savard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Fletch, Just stirring the pot.  I would focus all my teams energy on winning games.  Its obvious that paybacks are a thing of the past.  If it werent the way Cooke would have been given a thumping every time he sees a Boston jersey. White- border line tough guy who is really the only guy on Montreal that will drop his mits.  No issue with him. Rome- late hit causing major injury.  Rome was also railroaded in the SJ series from behind with no call.  Maybe he was tired of the rules as well.  I am assuming Lucic/Horton to handle this. Downie- as much as he is a pest I find myself cheering for him.  He will fight, he will drive teams crazy and he does have skill.  He has had several dirty hits but he is a hockey player. Hunwick- None issue. Just getting the juices flowing as the season approaches. 
    Posted by shuperman

No shupe, I want Regehr on a stretcher... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : No shupe, I want Regehr on a stretcher... 
    Posted by Fletcher1

Careful buddy. Regehr and I are still in the honeymoon stage.
    A lot on here will hate him.  But he is a fantastic hitter shut down type.  Ask Hemsky who might be one of the best one on one fwds in the league.
    I would love RR on the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure I would call anyone taking on Evander Kane a fake anything. Unless Evander agrees to throw fake punches. I thought the kid showed some heart that night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jontarbox. Show jontarbox's posts

The one name I would add is Jannick Hansen ...the blindside cheapshot to Ference, the two hander to the back of Krejci's legs , the stick to Mcquaid...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Giroux's hit was dirty. I don't think one instance makes him Public Enemy Number 1.
    Posted by lambda13

Concussing the previously concussed BERGERON is one helluva an instance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : I would love to know how you identify "fake emotion".  Looked to me like he was getting jumped by an obviously tougher opponent.  Instead of turtling or taking the Subban "beckon the refs!" approach, he decided to actually stick up for himself and fight.  Fighting when you know you are taking on a tougher opponent takes guts.  He took some punches too.  Maybe Hunwick didn't show guts very often, but he showed 'em there. My grudge against Hunwick has a lot more to do with a seemingly countless string of turnovers in Boston, then it does with the slightly nasty shoulder check on Savard.
    Posted by Fletcher1

He did it to try and save his job and stay in Boston because he felt he had to- He had many opportunities before that,and never took them, until he thought he might save his own azz by doing so. That's how I desribe it.

I'm really not into debating the physical toughness of Matt Hunwick -  Don't like him, never did - you do, that's fine. I'd like to see him get his face punched in. I will always be a huge Savard fan, and I didn't like the hit.  It's an opinion, not really something to debate -  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berge37. Show Berge37's posts

I don't think Hunwick should be on the list. It wasn't a dirty hit.

Subban and Steve Ott should be added.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berge37. Show Berge37's posts

I don't think Hunwick should be on the list. It wasn't a dirty hit.

Subban and Steve Ott should be added.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : He did it to try and save his job and stay in Boston because he felt he had to- He had many opportunities before that,and never took them, until he thought he might save his own azz by doing so. That's how I desribe it.   I'm really not into debating the physical toughness of Matt Hunwick -  Don't like him, never did - you do, that's fine. I'd like to see him get his face punched in. I will always be a huge Savard fan, and I didn't like the hit.  It's an opinion, not really something to debate -   
    Posted by JWensink

Gee sorry. Some of us feel that when you post an opinion it makes it open for debate. Had no idea your list was above reproach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Gee sorry. Some of us feel that when you post an opinion it makes it open for debate. Had no idea your list was above reproach.
    Posted by dezaruchi

shut your pie hole.  is that an opinion

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Romes hit on Horton was ten times more malicious than ANYTHING Avery has ever done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Alex Burrows needs to eat his stick.  NOW

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Boy the big bad bruins have some big bad p ussys for fans.  Think other teams havent added Marchand Lucic Chara Ference Horton to their same list.  Oh wait.  All these guys are super clean hockey players.  No issue with 3/4's of that list.  Cooke and Lapierre.  The rest I would take on this team in a minute
    Posted by shuperman

Shup even over that dog of Raffi.

I vote for Raffi to be #1, and no way would I take any of the aforementioned players, not even for Thorn.

Sorry Shup don't have time to spar, this is the last word for now.lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Posts like that are why he goes off and on my ignore list.  Sometimes I swear he's the smartest troll in the history of trolls.  Tough players do not equal dirty, malicious, career-ending players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

The one name I would add is Jannick Hansen ...the blindside cheapshot to Ference, the two hander to the back of Krejci's legs , the stick to Mcquaid...
    Posted by jontarbox

100% agree and glad someone finally mentioned him.  its cause and effect with these things, the intent to injure was never more apparent then his hit on ference, luckily he's ok, Rome's hit is no where near as bad.  The spear is cowardly, i doubt Mcquaid has forgotten it. 

As far as burrows is concerned, the bite is what everyone talks about but the blindside hit on peverly in game 7 is to me by far the most malicious hit i saw in the entire playoffs.  Again, no injury, no big deal but he was trying to "Matt Cooke" peverly no question.  Should have been suspended.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Posts like that are why he goes off and on my ignore list.  Sometimes I swear he's the smartest troll in the history of trolls.  Tough players do not equal dirty, malicious, career-ending players.
    Posted by bigvig

big,

if you read further you would have seen that was more for fletcher than anyone.  And which tough players are you talking about that I named on the Bruins that werent involved in some cheap-hockey play.  I said as an outsider looking at the Bruins.
    Chara- You can dig into all the posts regarding that.  I defended it as a hockey play.  80% of Canada and the hockey world thought there should be a suspension.  I wasnt one of them. 
    Lucic- Constantly was giving one punch sucker type pops on non-fighters in the playoffs, also ran a guy from behind getting tossed.  Yet when he was challenged by Laraque he was playing it smart.  So he is tough when needed and doesnt answer the bell when the bully was challenged by someones big brother.
    Horton- See Lucic.  Horton actually did throw down and he shouldnt be on the list. 
    Ference- Hmmm.  Let me see.  I know there wasnt a suspension for hitting Halpren but his play was very similar to Steckle on Crosby.  I know your coming  and I anm bracing myself for it knowing you dont know I am there.  Call it what you want.  I call it for what I thought it was.  The fact he flipped the Canadians crowd off is something made for the NFL or NBA and not really what I would want my son cheering for.  NOW, I already defended Ference in a post just last week so I really don't feel the need to do it again. 
    Thorton- Constantly went after other teams top players(Kesler-Sedins etc etc).  Wasnt ok for Laraque.  Ok for Thorton.  I got it. 
    Marchand- Last but not least.  The little cheap shot rat that everyone loves.  Its not ok for the Downies of this world to try and lure Chara into pen, but its more than fine for Marchand to stand and punch the MVP of the league numerous times.  And Marchand was a dirt ball all year.  Not once.  But all year. 
    I will answer before you assume.  Chara-Lucic-Thorton-Ference are not cheap-shot dirty hockey players but they definitely cross the line.  Last time I checked most physical hockey players have to test the waters on each side.  But ask most of the outside hockey world if they thought those guys crossed it and I would think especially in Montreal, Philly, TBay and Van would say yes.  But ya know what.  Its hockey not tiddlywinks.  I say the exact same about their guys.  And should we play Wash-NJ-NYR-Chicago in this yrs playoffs we will have a new list of guys.  Just like we did when we played Buffalo last year.  But how does that equate to an all dirty-career ending type player?

NOW, you obviously don't realize the pt i was making.  Why are we crying about a list of guys that we so call have an issue with.  I would hedge a bet that no team was in the media more than the Bruins with this type of stuff.  I am asking honestly.  What team had more negative media coverage b/c of questionable acts than the Bruins last year?

Anyway Big, as you are entitled to an opinion so am I.  I could care less if I am on ignore by everyone in here.  I say my peace, listen to others and fully admit when I believe I am wrong(case in pt Ference who I think deserves the "A").  Or contracts case in point AF/Bergie/Lucic.  What about you? Ever admit you may be off base.  

Lapierre/Avery and COOKE are my most wanted b/c they are terrible for the league.  
    Burrows bite was an idiotic move but our own Savy who is on the cup had one of those moments.  Yes Burrows is a rat.  But he is a hockey player first and the rat edge motivates similar to Marchand.
    Rome hit was late.  I played defense at a pretty high level and I can say that Scott Stevens made a career of it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDJ1y7cGIw.  Even the announcers said it was interference.  As a little dude I wanted to be Scott Stevens.  Scott Stevens wanted to hurt people.  He bit Manson in a fight, he laid out more bodies than Wilt Chamberlain.  Dirty or Warrior?    My pt is I have a soft spot for dmen.  Boychuk pasted guys with clean hits but he is known for running guys as well.  eventually the timing is gonna be off.  add the stanley cup finals and you have a emotionally charged guy trying to be a Scotty Stevens.  Already said it was a late hit. 
    White- A grinder who is out to stir things up.  Dirty career ending type? I dont think so. 
    Subban- I dont like how he hides and yaps.  But he sure was gracious in defeat and is one heck of a hockey player.  Again would it make sense for Subban who avg more ice than anyone in the series to be fighting? 
    Downie- Again, he has had numerous late disgusting hits, he has had dirty plays and really should be on the list with the other three.  BUT I believe he is a very good hockey player that doesnt have his emotions in check as a young guy(kinda the grace period I gave Marchand this year although calling him out).  Is what Downie does any different than what JR did or Mike Peca?  I know each hit and play is different but just the hits. 

I personally would take all these guys (White excluded) b/c I think they are good hockey players.   If this makes me the greatest troll than crown me.  I could care less.  And for starters I was trying to get a rise outta Fletch. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Shup even over that dog of Raffi. I vote for Raffi to be #1, and no way would I take any of the aforementioned players, not even for Thorn. Sorry Shup don't have time to spar, this is the last word for now.lol
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Hey, we have all year.
    Torres might have been the only bright spot on the Canuck team.  I would take him. 
    PK- in a minute I would want him.  He is an allstar in the making.  Heck I think he was the best player off either team in that series.
    Rome- depth dman similar to Boychuk.
    Burrows- Top line fwd.  Welcome aboard.
    Downie- questionable for sure but skilled and plays hard every night. 2 cent brain though.

Let me ask you this.  After yrs and yrs of hating Begin.  Did you like him as a Bruin?  Cause I read on here that he changed when he came here which made me laugh.  Begin is Begin.  The Bruins colors doesnt make a guy change.  Just means some peoples vision goes blurry.

Couple weeks away.  Im just in preseason mode training all summer hard for all the name calling I deal with.  Haha
    cheers

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chris Nilan for knocking Nifty's teeth out. Oh, yeah. In the present day I'll take Cooke and LaPierre taking a pounding any day.
    Posted by seobrien

One day when I cross Nilan again I have to ask him why he did it. 
    A sport radio host told me I don't know the whole story.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Boy the big bad bruins have some big bad p ussys for fans.  Think other teams havent added Marchand Lucic Chara Ference Horton to their same list.  Oh wait.  All these guys are super clean hockey players.  No issue with 3/4's of that list.  Cooke and Lapierre.  The rest I would take on this team in a minute
    Posted by shuperman

ha ha Shupe being Shupe

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't think Hunwick should be on the list. It wasn't a dirty hit. Subban and Steve Ott should be added.
    Posted by Berge37

You're all missing the point here on Hunwick. Nobody saying he's dirty although it could be picked and chose who he was going to rub out on the boards.
    The biggest knock on him in Boston was he wan't tough enough in his own end, fighting does not make him any tougher.

Sections
Shortcuts