Most Wanted

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Most Wanted

In Response to Re: Most Wanted:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : ha ha Shupe being Shupe
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Hey BsL,  Whats shaking.

Horton/DK/Lucic
    Bergie/Marchand/Burrows(doublemint twins line).
    Kelly/Seguin/Peverly
    Camp/Downie/Torres

Chara/Seids
    PK/Corvo
    AF/AM
    7th dman Rome
    Look good?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Hey BsL,  Whats shaking. Horton/DK/Lucic Bergie/Marchand/Burrows(doublemint twins line). Kelly/Seguin/Peverly Camp/Downie/Torres Chara/Seids PK/Corvo AF/AM 7th dman Rome Look good?
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

you're just ruining the chemistry of the Stanley Cup winning team .
    Too much mouth for my taste adding Downie and Burrows. Games will be as long as Red Sox games with all the jabbering going on.  Marchand is enough.
    Rome?  nah he's not that good, I don't like him besides the fact he has the name of my favorite city.  Reghr ..... always wanted him as a Bruin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : You're all missing the point here on Hunwick. Nobody saying he's dirty although ot could be pick and chose who he was going to rub out on the boards. The biggest knock on him in Boston was he wan't tough enough in his own end, fighting does not make him any tougher.

Finally - geez!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Most wanted:

The entire Hab, Canuck, and Lightning rosters........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Careful buddy. Regehr and I are still in the honeymoon stage. A lot on here will hate him.  But he is a fantastic hitter shut down type.  Ask Hemsky who might be one of the best one on one fwds in the league. I would love RR on the Bruins.
    That makes two of us!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Alex Burrows- Anybody who bites in hockey doesn't deserve to play! i have never seen anybody show me a video clip that shows Savard bit Hartnell

Max Lapierre- Gutless piece of dung! If there was no instigator rule this guy would never play again, because somebody would do him in & he wouldn't want to play anymore.

Steve Downie- Has really come around I think & he has some skill; but as Shupe says. "a 2cent brain"

Ryan White- No issues with this guy

Claude Giroux- Great hockey player. If Bergeron is playing in the game he's a player that needs to be hit like anybody else! I saw nothing wrong with the hit. A hockey play & check.

Matt Hunwick- not worth the bother because he is no bother. Again Savvy was playing in the game & is prone to hits like anyone else. Savvy tried to duck & Hunwick got his head. He can't just let Savvy skate by.

Aaron Rome- U can be rest assured that Nathan will be paying this guy a visit & make him dance! He got suspended & missed the finals. That's enough justice for me. Except he better be willing to give Nathan an opportunity to get his justice, or I'll not think the same way. He owes Horton a fight!

The Eternal Scum - Matt Cooke- Not worth my typing time!

Now to add to the list:

Lucic- Never expected him to fight Laraque. CJ told him "not to"  Has Lucic gotten suspended for a cheapshot? Yep; but it was well worth it because it was Lapuke! However; he's no angel. He's enemy #2 or 3 in a lot of other cities!

Marchand- This guy will get it someday & he deserves it! Act like a punk; get treated like a punk! Great player who shows up for Big Games. Doesn't make him untouchable because he wears a B's jersey. The guys antics has to go!

PK Subban- Norris trophy Canadiate in the not too distant future. Love his game; appreciate his talent & one of the few Canadiens I actually love watching when he plays to his strength's. Another PUNK! Someday, someone will catch him good & That's something I hope I get to watch as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Alex Burrows- Anybody who bites in hockey doesn't deserve to play! i have never seen anybody show me a video clip that shows Savard bit Hartnell Max Lapierre- Gutless piece of dung! If there was no instigator rule this guy would never play again, because somebody would do him in & he wouldn't want to play anymore. Steve Downie- Has really come around I think & he has some skill; but as Shupe says. "a 2cent brain" Ryan White- No issues with this guy Claude Giroux- Great hockey player. If Bergeron is playing in the game he's a player that needs to be hit like anybody else! I saw nothing wrong with the hit. A hockey play & check. Matt Hunwick- not worth the bother because he is no bother. Again Savvy was playing in the game & is prone to hits like anyone else. Savvy tried to duck & Hunwick got his head. He can't just let Savvy skate by. Aaron Rome- U can be rest assured that Nathan will be paying this guy a visit & make him dance! He got suspended & missed the finals. That's enough justice for me. Except he better be willing to give Nathan an opportunity to get his justice, or I'll not think the same way. He owes Horton a fight! The Eternal Scum - Matt Cooke- Not worth my typing time! Now to add to the list: Lucic- Never expected him to fight Laraque. CJ told him "not to"  Has Lucic gotten suspended for a cheapshot? Yep; but it was well worth it because it was Lapuke! However; he's no angel. He's enemy #2 or 3 in a lot of other cities! Marchand- This guy will get it someday & he deserves it! Act like a punk; get treated like a punk! Great player who shows up for Big Games. Doesn't make him untouchable because he wears a B's jersey. The guys antics has to go! PK Subban- Norris trophy Canadiate in the not too distant future. Love his game; appreciate his talent & one of the few Canadiens I actually love watching when he plays to his strength's. Another PUNK! Someday, someone will catch him good & That's something I hope I get to watch as well.  
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

For those of you wondering I snuck into nite's house, used his computer today.  Pretty much echoes my thoughts.  Guess I am not only the king troll I am also creating a cult. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Nitemare:  Being a punk is a HUGE difference than being a malicious, career-ending type player.  Thats my only issue with some of the names in this mix. 

One of the dirtiest players in the game is Ovechkin in my opinion.  Avery is an ANGEL compared to him, but people single out Avery for being a punk.  The guy is not a malicious player who tries to put guys in the hospital:  Ovechkin is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Nitemare:  Being a punk is a HUGE difference than being a malicious, career-ending type player.  Thats my only issue with some of the names in this mix. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Big,

His pts are exactly the same sentiment I try and give.  Does that not make him a so called troll.  Maybe you didnt give chime in on the exact players you feel the way you do about.   Lapierre/Cooke and Avery are just disgusting players and I would never want them in a Bruins uni.
    I read you post on the Shanny thread.  Do you realize that Scott Stevens (HOFer) landed a few of those hits.  What are your thoughts on Scott Stevens?
    I added Bruins to the list b/c they are in the mix.  Chara was the poster boy for hate around hockey circles.  It just wasnt Montreal and the province of Quebec.  Again, I believe it was a hockey play gone wrong.  The others I mentioned as well.  You also mentioned Crosby's name and I am glad you did. Steckel wasnt penalized.  How was his I know he doesnt see me hit differ from Ference on Halpren? 

I may be a bit overboard on my assessment but they are legit questions and raises the issue of homer-glasses.  Our po oop does stink like the rest of the NHL.  We are tough group.  But we have our share of bone headed plays as well.  I don't think the list given in the OP is accurate in terms of dirty players no more than I dont believe our guys are dirty.  Claude G is a fantastic hockey player.  He hit Bergie.  Last time I checked hitting was legal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Marchand- Last but not least.  The little cheap shot rat that everyone loves.  Its not ok for the Downies of this world to try and lure Chara into pen, but its more than fine for Marchand to stand and punch the MVP of the league numerous times.  And Marchand was a dirt ball all year.  Not once.  But all year.
    Shupe, there's an obvious difference between the 2 situations. Marchand WANTED Henrik to drop the mitts and fight back. Did Downey really want to fight Chara?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Shupe, there's an obvious difference between the 2 situations. Marchand WANTED Henrik to drop the mitts and fight back. Did Downey really want to fight Chara?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

You realize Downie isnt the brightest guy and has fought some big dudes.  And yeah sure Marchand wanted to fight Sedin knowing full well it wouldnt happen. 
    Both are good trade offs if sucked in.  Laraque-Lucic same story.  Subban-Horton same story.  But how does it make all the other guys Public Enemy#1 and makes our guys warriors?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Shupe, there's an obvious difference between the 2 situations. Marchand WANTED Henrik to drop the mitts and fight back. Did Downey really want to fight Chara?

and Marchand didn't back down from Ballard when he took on 3 Canucks on one shift.

BTW are you and/or Shupe going to the game tomorrow ?  If you do take a look at Habs D Yemelin (aka Kasparatis part2) . He'll be on your wanted list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : and Marchand didn't back down from Ballard when he took on 3 Canucks on one shift. BTW are you and/or Shupe going to the game tomorrow ?  If you do take a look at Habs D Yemelin (aka Kasparatis part2) . He'll be on your wanted list.

And Marchand is the new Tie Domi of the NHL.  Haha
    I have heard lots about Yemelin.  Like the Habs need another shift disturber. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : You realize Downie isnt the brightest guy and has fought some big dudes.  And yeah sure Marchand wanted to fight Sedin knowing full well it wouldnt happen.  Both are good trade offs if sucked in.  Laraque-Lucic same story.  Subban-Horton same story.  But how does it make all the other guys Public Enemy#1 and makes our guys warriors?
    I like the idea that plenty of guys feel they owe Boston some measure of revenge. You say Marchand knew full well there wouldn't be a fight but I think you're mistaken. I suspect he was as surprised as we were that not a single Canuck took him to task for his actions. I'll also be interested to see whether Horton fights more than Lucic again this year. As much as I like to see them fight their own battles, I'd prefer to see them both fight a little bit less this year. There are plenty of other guys who can pick up the slack if need be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : And Marchand is the new Tie Domi of the NHL.  Haha I have heard lots about Yemelin.  Like the Habs need another shift disturber. 

no but he does back his mouth from time to time and that's why I can't put him in the same category as a Lapierre.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : and Marchand didn't back down from Ballard when he took on 3 Canucks on one shift. BTW are you and/or Shupe going to the game tomorrow ?  If you do take a look at Habs D Yemelin (aka Kasparatis part2) . He'll be on your wanted list.
    I can't make the trip. I have heard that about Yemelin. It's probably not good when people bring up Ulf Samuellson and Kasparitis when describing his game. I'm trying to remain open-minded and at least see him for myself before officially hating him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : no but he does back his mouth from time to time and that's why I can't put him in the same category as a Lapierre.

Excuse me?  When has he done this?  I need to know.  I must have missed every game last year.  I mean since junior he puts up a big 1 fight per year. 
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2018

So I needs to knows when he does the backing up part.  I have seen him mix it up with non hard nosed types and wait for the troops to come in to save his bacon. 
    BUT- once again Marchand is crowned a warrior.  I need something to back this up.  I mean anything.  Other than the fact he wears a Bruins jersey. 
    No one is in Lapierre's class.  Nor Cooke or Avery. Thats an insult to Brad.  But its an insult to tough players to insist he is one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Excuse me?  When has he done this?  I need to know.  I must have missed every game last year.  I mean since junior he puts up a big 1 fight per year.  http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2018 So I needs to knows when he does the backing up part.  I have seen him mix it up with non hard nosed types and wait for the troops to come in to save his bacon.  BUT- once again Marchand is crowned a warrior.  I need something to back this up.  I mean anything.  Other than the fact he wears a Bruins jersey.  No one is in Lapierre's class.  Nor Cooke or Avery. Thats an insult to Brad.  But its an insult to tough players to insist he is one.
    Maybe it'd be easier to ask you to jog our memories as to a situation in which Marchand turtled to avoid someone trying to fight him. I don't think any of us are calling Marchand a warrior. I'm just not seeing these situations where he's sitting back waiting to be saved.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Excuse me?  When has he done this?  I need to know.  I must have missed every game last year.  I mean since junior he puts up a big 1 fight per year.  http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/2018 So I needs to knows when he does the backing up part.  I have seen him mix it up with non hard nosed types and wait for the troops to come in to save his bacon.  BUT- once again Marchand is crowned a warrior.  I need something to back this up.  I mean anything.  Other than the fact he wears a Bruins jersey.  No one is in Lapierre's class.  Nor Cooke or Avery. Thats an insult to Brad.  But its an insult to tough players to insist he is one.

shupe -

Don't confuse toughness and fighting, They don't have to go hand in hand.
    Seidenberg is no fighter, but he's as tough as nails. Byron Bitz was a big body who was willing to drop the gloves, but not what I'd call tough. Marchand fights every shift, for every inch of ice. He'll never quit or backdown, always aggressive. He's like a demon when after the puck on the forecheck. Marchand fights with his game. That's why he is getting the respect he deserves. And he has earned it.
    I could care less if these guys fight, but this team has developed a toughness which is a big part of why the Cup currently resides in Boston. Brad Marchand's "toughness" is infectious...without fighting

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : Maybe it'd be easier to ask you to jog our memories as to a situation in which Marchand turtled to avoid someone trying to fight him. I don't think any of us are calling Marchand a warrior. I'm just not seeing these situations where he's sitting back waiting to be saved.

Well said Dez.  No way am I saying Marchand is a drop your gloves fighter.
    Some people have to remove their hate glasses and put on some back n yellow ones : )

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Most Wanted:
    [QUOTE]A list of players I'd like to see get what they have coming to them this year Alex Burrows Max Lapierre Steve Downie Ryan White Claude Giroux Matt Hunwick Aaron Rome The Eternal Scum - Matt Cooke
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

While I would ove to give you a list- I AM NOT SURE WHO MAKES THE B's YET.....   But I want to see them all get what they have coming to them this year.... a SECOND STANLEY CUP IN A ROW.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

The type of player I do not like are the ones who take on the job of Instigator  

The guys that fall under the "if he's on the opposing team you hate him, but if he's on your team you love him."  I say screw that.  I don't care if they're on my team or not.......Brad Marchand is a punk piece of crap

There I said it.  

Now is it hard to say that?  Yes.  The kid plays his butt off and he was a key reason the team I love won the Stanley Cup.  He scored 11 goals in the playoffs, most of which of the HUGE variety.  I'm thrilled he's on our team.....then again, I'm not.  I wish we could get the good without the bad.  I can't condone some of the crap he pulls out there.  

I know people say, he's doing his job, but it's a job I don't appreciate or respect in the least and I can't criticize players on other teams for doing the same things he does, if I don't condemn him as well.  Another recent Bruin who wasn't as bad, but I wasn't much of a fan of for his knuckleheadedness was Chuck Kobasew.  Always poking and prodding and acting all Steve Downy Angry like

Sean Avery, Patrick Kaleta, Steve Downy, Maxim LaPierre, Steve Ott, Dan Carcillo, PK Subban, Brad Marchand.  They all hop over that line sometimes.  All under the guise of "doing a job."  Well fine, but don't expect me to feel bad for them when they get what's coming to them.  And don't expect me to respect them for taking on such a loathsome job so willingly

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : shupe - Don't confuse toughness and fighting, They don't have to go hand in hand. Seidenberg is no fighter, but he's as tough as nails. Byron Bitz was a big body who was willing to drop the gloves, but not what I'd call tough. Marchand fights every shift, for every inch of ice. He'll never quit or backdown, always aggressive. He's like a demon when after the puck on the forecheck. Marchand fights with his game. That's why he is getting the respect he deserves. And he has earned it. I could care less if these guys fight, but this team has developed a toughness which is a big part of why the Cup currently resides in Boston. Brad Marchand's "toughness" is infectious...without fighting
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

A good post.  And I think I have watched and played enough hockey to understand what toughness and fighting is. 
    But who is giving Marchand respect.  Bruins fans?  Yes.  You think other teams are giving him respect or think he is an honest hard working type.  Give me a break.  He is a dirty player that crosses the line on too many occasions.  How is what he does any more infectious than what a Downie does or any smaller type pest player.  In fact as much as you think its infectious it also wears thin very quickly.  No diffferent than a Mike Kennan type coach.  It wears thin.  Guys who have to stick their noses in and stick up for these grow tired of it.  He backs none of his actions up.  He knows full well he has a team full of tigers backing him up. 
    He is a hard worker and does go to the ugly areas which gets my respect.  What takes it away is when he acts like a punk and runs his yap and disrespects the game.  So as much as you think he is getting respect I would say its the opposite.  Sedin getting speed bagged does not gain him respect around the league, golf swing does not get him respect, running people after icing and watching other guys fight his fights does not get him respect. 
    BsL said he backs it up.  No, he doesnt. He has his boys back him up.  He does back it up with his play.  

But this entire thread was about how we have so many targets next year.  I said why b/c they checked Bergie or they had a late hit on Horton.  That stuff happens in hockey.  Its not perfect.  Chara nearly ending MP career got much more play time than anything any of the guys on the list did.  Lucic has been suspended(and I tend to agree it couldnt have happened to a better person) and Lucic had hits that were reviewed.

What I don't get is that when they do it they are dirty players trying to end careers.  When ours do it they are tough warriors.  Thats all.  No more no less.  Its hockey.  I fully expect someone to run some of our guys.  I fully expect to run some of theirs. 

Anyway.  We all did this to death last year and maybe I shouldnt have posted.  I have been better of late but sometimes it just needs to be said.  I hope its a maturity thing and he just plays hard between whistles.  I doubt he will.  But I bet he won't be a Bruin for more than 5 seasons.  Why? B/C that act gets old quickly. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]The type of player I do not like are the ones who take on the job of Instigator   The guys that fall under the "if he's on the opposing team you hate him, but if he's on your team you love him."  I say screw that.  I don't care if they're on my team or not.......Brad Marchand is a punk piece of crap There I said it.   Now is it hard to say that?  Yes.  The kid plays his butt off and he was a key reason the team I love won the Stanley Cup.  He scored 11 goals in the playoffs, most of which of the HUGE variety.  I'm thrilled he's on our team.....then again, I'm not.  I wish we could get the good without the bad.  I can't condone some of the crap he pulls out there.   I know people say, he's doing his job, but it's a job I don't appreciate or respect in the least and I can't criticize players on other teams for doing the same things he does, if I don't condemn him as well.  Another recent Bruin who wasn't as bad, but I wasn't much of a fan of for his knuckleheadedness was Chuck Kobasew.  Always poking and prodding and acting all Steve Downy Angry like Sean Avery, Patrick Kaleta, Steve Downy, Maxim LaPierre, Steve Ott, Dan Carcillo, PK Subban, Brad Marchand.  They all hop over that line sometimes.  All under the guise of "doing a job."  Well fine, but don't expect me to feel bad for them when they get what's coming to them.  And don't expect me to respect them for taking on such a loathsome job so willingly
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

And the cult grows. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Most Wanted : And the cult grows. 

I don't even get your meaning

Sections
Shortcuts