Move Marchand Up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Move Marchand Up!

Even though he's out with some stiffness after getting rocked by Subban last week, I wanted to bring up the overall play of Brad Marchand.

I really think this guy can add some needed spark to the top 6 forwards.  I've been impressed with a number of things about him, including his speed and willingness to shoot the puck.  I think if you put him on a line with some decent talent, he'd be a "surprise" contributor.  In these Dark Days of December, it might not hurt to throw him on one of the "Top 3" lines and see if he can elevate his game.

While the 4th line has been decent, CJ would be a fool for thinking that keeping Thornton Campbell and Marchand together is part of the winning formula.  While they to provide a good spark, I see an opportunity where grinding players can help the more talented players "wake up".

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Re: Move Marchand Up!

Agreed.  He's looks good in many aspects of the game.  More production would come from him if he played on any of the top 3 lines.  I would use the 4th line as a demotion destination for an under performing wing.  Whoever isn't going well plays with Thornton and Campbell.  There have been games where Marchand has been more effective than anyone of the top 6 wingers yet he never gets a change to play with more skilled players?  It is time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Replace Rec with him, he has past with Berg and try him with Seg.

Rec played on 4th in TB 4 years ago, why is he on 2nd here. He is a Hall of Famer for past years not what he is contributing now. Take him off the PP, he will still be good contributor on 4th but he is not deserving of big time mins. He is getting 2M and getting as many shifts or more than Sav, Seg, Hort, Wheel and Ryder, this is wrong. His speed and work is not as strong as last year or year before he is slowing big time.

What is story on March when will he be returning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I'm not sure bout March's injury. I don't think it's anything serious.  Since he didn't practice today, so I doubt he'll play tomorrow.  But, after the break, he should be in there and he should be with Bergy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Today's Globe article says he "was sidelined because of “stiffness’’ from a hit on Saturday."
    I just went back and watched his 2nd period shifts.  I didn't see him take any noticeable hits.  He did fall down awkwardly a couple time, so maybe he sprained an ankle or something.  That, or the "he's still feeling Subban's hit" theory may hold water.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree. I like Marchands play...he has a Pat Verbeek esq. about him....But remember, his play will change if moved, to some extent anyway....He's good at what he does now...a pest with good speed and can score. Maybe he will get his chance....

As much as I like Recs....Youre right...He is old and slow and has been making more mistakes lately....Id like to see someone else replace him on the other lines. He does bring experience and the occasional goal, but his 42 years of age sure is showing against the younger faster players. Gotta be tough for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Move Marchand Up!:
    Even though he's out with some stiffness after getting rocked by Subban last week, I wanted to bring up the overall play of Brad Marchand. I really think this guy can add some needed spark to the top 6 forwards.  I've been impressed with a number of things about him, including his speed and willingness to shoot the puck.  I think if you put him on a line with some decent talent, he'd be a "surprise" contributor.  In these Dark Days of December, it might not hurt to throw him on one of the "Top 3" lines and see if he can elevate his game. While the 4th line has been decent, CJ would be a fool for thinking that keeping Thornton Campbell and Marchand together is part of the winning formula.  While they to provide a good spark, I see an opportunity where grinding players can help the more talented players "wake up". Thoughts?
    Posted by BruinsGM24

Very good points indeed.....I really like this kids game, and I can't for the life of me think " why dosen't he get a shot on one of the top 2 lines " he deserves it! That knuckle head coach has given his pet, Glyder, every opportunity to succeed, as in PP time and Shootout chances, yet Marchand is relegated to play with a couple of stiffs. The ONLY reason the 4th line is as good as it is, is because of Marchand. He has managed to elevate the play of Thornton and Campbell, put him with some real talent and see what happens?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Absolutely. Move Marchand up with Bergie and Seguin. REX has seen better days and should be on the 4th line, if any. Marchand is now doing everything that Rex used to do. It might also be useful to replace Thornton with Caron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Move Marchand Up!:
    Absolutely. Move Marchand up with Bergie and Seguin. REX has seen better days and should be on the 4th line, if any. Marchand is now doing everything that Rex used to do. It might also be useful to replace Thornton with Caron.
    Posted by bogie6

Great idea.And giving Rex a reduced role as opposed to making him a healthy scratch would probably go over better with everyone involved.I suggested early on that recchi would need a reduction in playing time to stay effective over the long haul.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Move Marchand Up! : Great idea.And giving Rex a reduced role as opposed to making him a healthy scratch would probably go over better with everyone involved.I suggested early on that recchi would need a reduction in playing time to stay effective over the long haul.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Totally agree...I have nothing but complete respect for Mark Recchi, however, there is no escaping the fact, that he is 42 years of age,why not give him some days off here and there,as there is no reason to ride someone who has that many miles on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Move Marchand Up! : Totally agree...I have nothing but complete respect for Mark Recchi, however, there is no escaping the fact, that he is 42 years of age,why not give him some days off here and there,as there is no reason to ride someone who has that many miles on him.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Recchi works his but off in the off-season.  It's no accident he's ready to play in the NHL, even at 42.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I've beensaying for a while now that Marchand should be with Seguin and Bergeron.
    Rex can get Krejci and Ryder.
    Wheeler can ply his trade on the 4th line as he continue to show he is ineffective offensively.

Sections
Shortcuts