Mr.Shanahan will see you now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : Yeah, I was just fine with the 5-minute major too.  I just don't see any reason for the suspension talk.  Absolutely no chance Ference picks that opportunity to take a run at a guy, with intent to injure.  It was a mistake.  He paid a big price as it lost the game for the team.  Call it a day.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I hope you're right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Cook, Barnes, they all drive me nuts...Avery too...Anyway, like dez said, you are missing the point--It's not what we think is right or wrong, it's what Shanahan and the league has established as such...I agree with dez, he's going to get suspended and it's probably for 3 at least just because it was a charging call. It was far worse in reality to what Marchand did, which was flip a very soft player (concussion on that? Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaassee). Ference came fast and they are going to give him the hammer because of the effect of the check. I watched it from the few angles, I don't think Andrew was trying to injure the guy. He definitely wanted to drill him though, which I thought the league is all about...hard checking. Well, it used to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If you want to criticize the B's, you can do it by the way some of the players respond to hits/checks from the other team. It's almost always like the retaliation is going to take place. Ference got tackled a little earlier than his charging call. Ference was pretty mad about that, and I think he was going to kill a Ranger, and I'm fine with that. I love it, but it ultimately cost the B's the shootout. Lucic and Marchand are notorious at reacting to hits. Ference too. It's B's Hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

The 5 will be surfice. He doesn't deserve any suspension.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I always find that a good way to look at the situation is to mentally switch the jerseys of the two players, re-examine the hit, and then determine if your opinion of the hit remains the same.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Is that what you did for Burrows when he chomped on Bergy's finger North! Please, don't come in here & try to preach anything to us! Not as a fan of the biggest bunch of whiners, divers & pansey's on that piece of kief of a team you cheer for!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't have a problem with the league trying to eliminate checks that carry a high probability of injury to the head or spinal cord.  Ference's hit could have resulted in both.  The big thing is he he clearly had time to do something other than what he ended up doing.  Bad decision by Ference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

See whether Sham-wow has his tie on or not when the video starts. Tie on-5 games or more. No tie-3 or less or a fine. 3 games is my guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Bottom line, stupid penalty to take in OT.  He removed any chance the B's had of winning.  Too bad.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

HNIC's Elliotte Friedman just reported some league people he spoke to said Ference will get a phone hearing and compare the hit to the one delivered by the Blues' Chris Stewart on Nik Kronwall earlier this season.  Stewart sat for 3 games on that one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]http://youtu.be/9SX0NLOPFhI HNIC's Elliotte Friedman just reported some league people he spoke to said Ference will get a phone hearing and compare the hit to the one delivered by the Blues' Chris Stewart on Nik Kronwall earlier this season.  Stewart sat for 3 games on that one.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Looks very different than what I remember Ference doing.  I thought the guy went into the boards sideways, not face-first.  Surprised there's no video online yet.  I wonder if that says something (positive) about Rangers fans?
    Given that the Bruins play tomorrow, I assume we should hear pretty quickly if there is a suspension.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I don't have a problem with the league trying to eliminate checks that carry a high probability of injury to the head or spinal cord.  Ference's hit could have resulted in both.  The big thing is he he clearly had time to do something other than what he ended up doing.  Bad decision by Ference.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

You have been playing this zero tolerance hand very heavy lately.  The result looks awful, especially with Lundqvist waving the trainer in, but Ference is coming in hard to get the puck.  He does not have time or space to "do something else" nor is it a cheap shot.  At best, one could argue that Ference's play is a little reckless, and could be enough to get him suspended. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]http://youtu.be/9SX0NLOPFhI HNIC's Elliotte Friedman just reported some league people he spoke to said Ference will get a phone hearing and compare the hit to the one delivered by the Blues' Chris Stewart on Nik Kronwall earlier this season.  Stewart sat for 3 games on that one.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I saw this during the Leafs Habs game too.  I think it falls somewhere between that hit and the Cody McLeod on Jared Spurgeon hit.  Ference doesn't appear to push off like Stewart did, but he does seem to commit to the hit more than McLeod did.

Cody McLeod Boarding Hit on Jared Spurgeon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZaKp2S-pZk

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5lnZtTOcI&feature=player_embedded
    ^ ^ ^ ^
    Henrik Zetterberg involved in a nasty one today against Columbus.  Now as you can see from the replay there is really no intent or malice on the play.  Just a really unfortunate result

But now watch it again, only this time, imagine it wasn't Henrik Zetterber, but a Boston Bruin.  How many pages of unadulterated outrage and calls for justice would there be right now on all the hockey site comment sections and message boards?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Ference hit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urfv3RYk8GQ&feature=related

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Ference hit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urfv3RYk8GQ&feature=related
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    The caption for that is great.  I didn't realize McDonagh had his face on his shoulder.
    That, at least, makes it clear there was some towards-the-boards push from Ference.  What is a frequent, routine play was badly executed.  I could see him get a game or two for the recklessness of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : Looks very different than what I remember Ference doing.  I thought the guy went into the boards sideways, not face-first.  Surprised there's no video online yet.  I wonder if that says something (positive) about Rangers fans? Given that the Bruins play tomorrow, I assume we should hear pretty quickly if there is a suspension.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    DrCC - Should be interesting to see what the consequence will be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Phone hearing tomorrow.  It has to be decided before the game, right?
    Looks like Kampfer was held out of the P-Bruins game tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Phone hearing tomorrow.  It has to be decided before the game, right? Looks like Kampfer was held out of the P-Bruins game tonight.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

There you go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Guys,  he will get suspended ,  it's the new era now. Like Red said, penalties in a game and your team losing is not enough anymore.
    I agree with Shupe, NHL is stinking it up.
    HNIC hot stove I think loves these hits so they can all discuss how many games player X will get.  And that's a segment,  they used up 3mins.
    On the otherhand was watching NHL on the Fly and Rangers x-GM  Neil Smith said even 2mins penalty would've been enough , the hit after review didn't look that bad and does not deserve a suspension.
    Well phone hearing means for certain and the max he could get is 5games.

p.s. seems we got Vancouver fans stocking the Bruins. Every hit and they come troll on this board.  See blog on homepage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg5lnZtTOcI&feature=player_embedded ^ ^ ^ ^ Henrik Zetterberg involved in a nasty one today against Columbus.  Now as you can see from the replay there is really no intent or malice on the play.  Just a really unfortunate result But now watch it again, only this time, imagine it wasn't Henrik Zetterber, but a Boston Bruin.  How many pages of unadulterated outrage and calls for justice would there be right now on all the hockey site comment sections and message boards?
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Good one,  let's see if he gets suspended.

What about Prust on Chara ? 
    This is what I don't like about the decision making . Chara got back up and was not hurt therefore , no major , no suspension.
    Why does the decision rely if a player gets hurt ?
    If I fire a gun at a police officer but don't hit him will I be set free ?
    The intent is just as bad as an injured player. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : Good one,  let's see if he gets suspended. What about Prust on Chara ?  This is what I don't like about the decision making . Chara got back up and was not hurt therefore , no major , no suspension. Why does the decision rely if a player gets hurt ? If I fire a gun at a police officer but don't hit him will I be set free ? The intent is just as bad as an injured player. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Maybe Ference deserves a 1 or 2 game suspension for being reckless, but I think you can argue that McDonagh put himself in a vulnerable position by slowing up where he did, and that also lead to the injury.  If he continues skating to the boards, I'm not sure there is even a penalty there.

The Prust hit on Chara was every bit, if not more reckless and illegal.  That was text book boarding, he delivered a hit to Chara between the numbers, while Chara was near the boards.  Luckily, Chara was close enough to catch himself, and not fall awkwardly into the boards.  If Chara pulls up the same distance from the boards that McDonagh did, I think that's an even more dangerous hit.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Guys,  he will get suspended ,  it's the new era now. Like Red said, penalties in a game and your team losing is not enough anymore. I agree with Shupe, NHL is stinking it up. HNIC hot stove I think loves these hits so they can all discuss how many games player X will get.  And that's a segment,  they used up 3mins. On the otherhand was watching NHL on the Fly and Rangers x-GM  Neil Smith said even 2mins penalty would've been enough , the hit after review didn't look that bad and does not deserve a suspension. Well phone hearing means for certain and the max he could get is 5games. p.s. seems we got Vancouver fans stocking the Bruins. Every hit and they come troll on this board.  See blog on homepage.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]   Bs the hate for the Bruins on the tsn boards is down right asinine.. Canucks fans  especially. but then...were talking about a fan base , that by in large, said the nucks were going to steamroll the Bruins in the finals..and make it look so easy....Innocent

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now :   Bs the hate for the Bruins on the tsn boards is down right asinine.. Canucks fans  especially. but then...were talking about a fan base , that by in large, said the nucks were going to steamroll the Bruins in the finals..and make it look so easy....
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    The Nuck fans will all go to their grave's knowing their "sure thing" Stanley Cup didn't quite work out the way they thought it would. They can whine and complain all they want, but they can't change the history books.I'll sleep really good tonight knowing that.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

Why wasn't the guy that hit Chara not given a 5 minute major as that was a direct and more viscious hit? Forence pushed him but was going to the side. Pretty soon touching will be a major penalty.

Sections
Shortcuts