Mr.Shanahan will see you now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Mr.Shanahan will see you now

That was a cheap shot by Ference.  The guy never touched the puck and Ference pushed him on the numbers.  I hated that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now

In Response to Mr.Shanahan will see you now:
    That was a cheap shot by Ference.  The guy never touched the puck and Ference pushed him on the numbers.  I hated that.
    Posted by hangnail

He charged him to boot. I wonder if he's happy now since he was questioning Shanahan's decision making a few weeks ago. He should get multiple games for sure but even 5 won't surprise me now. McDonough could've really got hurt there. He's lucky he was able to skate off the ice. I thought a stretcher might come out after Lundqvist's reaction.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Hang, have another look at it. It's not as bad as it looked.

It was a heads up hockey play - happens many times during a game.

The Ranger player caught his skate in a rut or he would have been OK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dosul. Show dosul's posts

It was a cheap shot and now every call will go against us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I don't know.  He pushed him in the numbers - but it was parallel to the boards not into the boards.  One of those hits where I'm not really sure what the rule is that applies best.  Certainly looked unnecessary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

No reason to expect a suspension on this one.  Phaneuf on Kassian and McLeod on Spurgeon as recent of examples of similar hits that carried no suspension.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now:
    No reason to expect a suspension on this one.  Phaneuf on Kassian and McLeod on Spurgeon as recent of examples of similar hits that carried no suspension.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Crowls, I think this hit was more of a charge than Phaneuf on Kassian.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Anyway you look at it it's a bad hit.. Thought McDonough could have protected himself better, but hindsight is a great thing..too bad as Ference had a great game up to the hit.. He will be getting a couple of games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : Crowls, I think this hit was more of a charge than Phaneuf on Kassian.
    Posted by dezaruchi

True.  Ference's penalty was called a charge on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : True.  Ference's penalty was called a charge on the ice.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I really think the hit wouldn't have been so bad had he slowed down some more. He was still flying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was a shove to the top of the pants/bottom of the jersey.  It was a bad play, but it's not like he railroaded him.

Might get a game or two to keep the awareness up, but I wouldn't be surprised with none.

The Dub hit on Chara was worse, except Chara wasn't hurt so they ignored it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If the Ranger player is going to slow up and put himself between his opponent and the puck, he gets hit. Terence just had to much speed, otherwise no call.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : I really think the hit wouldn't have been so bad had he slowed down some more. He was still flying.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yes it was great hustle by Ference as he was trying to create offense to get the extra point - good on him.  He probably got frustrated because he wasn't going to win that race to the puck...then he made a bad decision. I think he'll get 3 games. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : Yes it was great hustle by Ference as he was trying to create offense to get the extra point - good on him.  He probably got frustrated because he wasn't going to win that race to the puck...then he made a bad decision. I think he'll get 3 games. 
    Posted by hangnail

Hang, I agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

At least Krecji had the decency to check on McD and see how he was. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It was a shove to the top of the pants/bottom of the jersey.  It was a bad play, but it's not like he railroaded him. Might get a game or two to keep the awareness up, but I wouldn't be surprised with none. The Dub hit on Chara was worse, except Chara wasn't hurt so they ignored it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agree with NAS here. It was worth 2 minutes, but not a major... legs were parallel to the boards but he had his back turned (no effort to defend himself and in perfect position to scoop the puck and head around the net with speed.) Chara hit was worse. Shanny's Wild West show (and this being the Bruins) will likely hand out 2 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Agree with NAS here. It was worth 2 minutes, but not a major... legs were parallel to the boards but he had his back turned (no effort to defend himself and in perfect position to scoop the puck and head around the net with speed.) Chara hit was worse. Shanny's Wild West show (and this being the Bruins) will likely hand out 2 games.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

He was called for charging though. The angle of the player isn't as important.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Posted by Crowls2424

His fat yapper is likely what will cost him.  Guy never learns to be seen and not heard. 
    Just what we need...another suspension story.  NHL stinks!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ference got tackled on the previous shift. I think he was pretty intent on taking someone out. At the same time, there was no intent to injure, there was intent to check him hard, but not to injure. I think that Shanahan will need to take that into account. I can see 2 or 3 games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Ference got tackled on the previous shift. I think he was pretty intent on taking someone out. At the same time, there was no intent to injure, there was intent to check him hard, but not to injure. I think that Shanahan will need to take that into account. I can see 2 or 3 games.
    Posted by dannycater

More Jedi mind-trick from Shanny, huh?  He can also sense the emotional state of the players on the ice.  Marchand the "predator" and now Ference the "retaliator"? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

He didnt hit him very hard, questionable major in o.t.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : His fat yapper is likely what will cost him.  Guy never learns to be seen and not heard.  Just what we need...another suspension story.  NHL stinks!
    Posted by shuperman

Fair point about his yapper.  Paille's opportunity for a "we need to eliminate these hits from the game" moment too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by dannycater

Worst post of the week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : More Jedi mind-trick from Shanny, huh?  He can also sense the emotional state of the players on the ice.  Marchand the "predator" and now Ference the "retaliator"? 
    Posted by Crowls2424

I still think Marchand's suspension was overkill and the guy he flipped is a chronic injury-prone guy. He could have fallen on a loose piece of ice and still gotten a concussion. I'm just predicting what Shanahan will do. It's nothing close to Barnes on Savard---an absolute intent to murder one's head. Ference got the 5-min major and Rangers got the win. I'd just let it go, no suspension, but that's me.

Sections
Shortcuts