Mr.Shanahan will see you now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now

In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now": So you think the hit to Horton's noggin was a hockey play.. Interesting.. Blind sided the guy with an elbow to the head? I thought they were trying to eliminate headshots.. My mistake...how foolish of me..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I think Horton's reaction shows that he wasnt that badly hurt! I think Horton's reaction was exactly as he did it was the right hockey players reaction! I think Horton got hurt on his reaction moreso than what happened! I think that these hits are going to continue to happen no matter how many suspensions you dish out! I think it's stupid that everytime someone gets hit hard that they scream "SUSPENSION!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : It wasn't a dirty hit IMO! I think Shanny is starting to listen to the Ruff's & the Canuck's brass too much now! It wasn't a ridiculous comment at all Chowda, because when the time comes that a Bruin doesn't make a hit because he's more worried about a suspension than making the play you'll be the top of the totem pole whining about it!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know how I'm going to react to your make believe scenario in the future.

I am commenting about the hit in question on the thread and you're commenting about a make-believe play and my reaction. Like I said ridiculous and stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Chowda? Where's your sense of ha,ha? For over a month I've been busting your chops & giving you heck. I've said this to you before that you're one of the best posters on here. We have a difference of opinion in this case, but when I'm talking down to you? I'm pulling your chain. I respect your opinions, but when I disagree with you I'm having some fun with it. Just like I do with that other contankious basterd NAS, that stupid Maritimer wannabe Superman & that waste of skin who thinks he knows hockey Dezzy Arnez! I love ya like a pimple on my but! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Chowda? Where's your sense of ha,ha? For over a month I've been busting your chops & giving you heck. I've said this to you before that you're one of the best posters on here. We have a difference of opinion in this case, but when I'm talking down to you? I'm pulling your chain. I respect your opinions, but when I disagree with you I'm having some fun with it. Just like I do with that other contankious basterd NAS, that stupid Maritimer wannabe Superman & that waste of skin who thinks he knows hockey Dezzy Arnez! I love ya like a pimple on my but! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I don't think you were and now you have come up with this explanation. In the future I'll be selective in replying to you.

Fun for you, annoying for everyone else involved.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mr.Shanahan will see you now : I don't think you were and now you have come up with this explanation. In the future I'll be selective in replying to you. Fun for you, annoying for everyone else involved.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I think everyone can be annoying on here sometimes. No? It's how you choose to handle it I guess. I wasn't kidding in the arguments, but I was kidding in the derogatory's! In case you didn't notice, not too long ago a newbie said something to you & I had your back. If I was serious I wouldnt have. I won't joke around with you anymore. Sorry for doing so. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

157 posts commenting on the Ferrence charge/board, 34 on the Marchand clip.
    I find that amazing.
    Although it seems to me, that AF intended to push the opposing player laterally, not head first....it is, generally, one of those hits, the league wants gone.  I don't think it was dirty, don't think it was premeditated, or an attempt to injure...just one of those "results", the league doesn't want to see anymore. 
    Their way of dealing with that has typically been suspension.  When all of the drama and emotion is removed, I don't see how anyone could be surprised at the decision.
    Although not surprised, I'm very disappointed in the leagues inability to differentiate the severity, or even the authenticity of rule infractions. 
     At least in this latest ruling though, Shannahan showed kindergarten level wisdom by changing the call to boarding, thus giving him more wiggle room to work within the confines of the NHL rule book.
    While I don't feel a suspension in this case warrants a huge argument, this whole culture of "lobbying, and posturing, and diving" for penalties/discipline, is pretty much turning my stomach. The rotating assortment of dim-witted explanations from headquarters, adds to the queesiness.
    Shannahan suspends BM, when clearly no rules infraction has been committed.  In an attempt to justify suspension, it's decided that the play is predatory.  Yet, Shanny quickly points out that this one isn't.  Wouldn't it be best to just leave that language right out, when it screams inconsistency in the span of just a couple weeks??  
    The league can't do this on their own.  Those they're trying to protect, are seeing ways to gain advantage, and no team, no player is above that.
    I've watched the replay of this hit several times.  In years past, 100 times out of 100, the opposing player would be bracing for significant impact.  Not trying to shift blame here, but there are many things at play, and the league know's better than anyone.  Despite this, they appear to be more concerned with press clippings, perception, and the politics of pandering to the masses, than forcefully, and judiciously navigating their own game through this uniqely "ugly" time in hockey history.

Sections
Shortcuts