MTL @ Bruins Game 1 GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: MTL @ Bruins Game 1 GDT

The trip by Paille was blatant, it was a penalty.  How the refs then pick and choose the other calls is beyond me.

Just sux ending a game like this,  in OT , on a consecutive penalty.  If they called that one they should have called others in the 1st OT on the Habs when they could not keep up with the Bruins pressure.

I have no concern how the Bruins will play in game 2, it's now a must to win a game in Montreal and don't expect the Habs to lay down like they did tonight. Bruins will have to be even better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 003323344's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just hope they can rebound from a game like this. The Bruins had their chances and outplayed Montreal but losses like this can crush a team.

[/QUOTE]

No.  Just plain no.  Look at the Detroit series, look at their history this season, look at their 3rd period history regular season, look at the players on this team and their character.  

Name any history of why they would be crushed by this first game loss.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't lose an OT game against the Red wings...

Game 1 last year against Chicago. 3 OT loss. Game 4 Chicago OT loss. Game 1 set the tone. If they win that they win the Cup.

Game 1 1990 vs Oilers. 3 OT loss. Ranford stood on his head for the whole series much like Price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The trip by Paille was blatant, it was a penalty.  How the refs then pick and choose the other calls is beyond me.

Just sux ending a game like this,  in OT , on a consecutive penalty.  If they called that one they should have called others in the 1st OT on the Habs when they could not keep up with the Bruins pressure.

I have no concern how the Bruins will play in game 2, it's now a must to win a game in Montreal and don't expect the Habs to lay down like they did tonight. Bruins will have to be even better.

[/QUOTE]

I recall lose pucks laying behind Price in the 3rd period and the first OT and Bruins players getting mauled as they went for the puck with no penalties called. All this did was add to the Canadien's confidence. They lose this game they are toast. Now the Bruins must exert their will even more. Can they do it? Of course. I guess this series just wasn't meant to be easy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

No.  Just plain no.  Look at the Detroit series, look at their history this season, look at their 3rd period history regular season, look at the players on this team and their character.  

Name any history of why they would be crushed by this first game loss.

[/QUOTE]

They didn't lose an OT game against the Red wings...

OK, but they did lose game 1. 50% credit

Game 1 last year against Chicago. 3 OT loss. Game 4 Chicago OT loss. Game 1 set the tone. If they win that they win the Cup.

OK, but they didn't dominate game 1 like tonight - see Marchand blocking a Bruins shot from going in.

Game 1 1990 vs Oilers. 3 OT loss. Ranford stood on his head for the whole series much like Price.

No, too old, not relevant to this team.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see it.  If the circumstances were different as to reveal a Bruins flaw that couldn't be remedied, then I would buy it.  V the black hawks they battled and I don't think the team psychology went down after the losses, but the Bruins flawed 4th line was dramatized and exposed.  I just don't see any weakness that the Bruins can't remedy.  I would be surprised to see Rask not crank it up a notch and I just can't imagine them missing that many opportunities again.

I don't see any players with character as weak as: Seguin, Kessel or Thornton.  I saw Louie ding the post, I saw Loui going into the danger zones, I saw Carl figuring out how to navigate playoff traffic, I saw Torey find playoff goals and getting more comfortable in his situation.

I just don't see it.  Price showed wear as most of the goals came late.  Their best players have targets on them, meanwhile everyone on the Bruins are playing well.  Florek showed he was pretty decent tonight.  And I wouldn't hang my head if I were them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Bruins are definitely NOT crushed by this loss. Montreal came to play but I think most fans understood that going in. A weaker willed team might be setback by this but that's not these Bruins. 

They dominated play for decent chunks of the game and it looked like bad puck luck to me more than anything. Still confident but I had Bruins in 7 to begin with...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Crushed.  Not crushed. Missed chances. Dominated.  Bad calls.   They lost.  Game 1 is over.  Can't change the result.  They play Saturday.  And if they win Game 2 by playing poorly, it still counts as a W.  (they won't play poorly, btw - that we know.)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Frustrating night, the better team lost.  Oh well, !t happens.  Time to move onward and upward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Bruins lost and Marco is back.

What a bummer of an evening.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

What is wrong with Krejci. .  .?  If ever the BRUINS lose to the scabs ..Krejci is on his way to another team ....Thornton of course will be gone (Thank God) and in the Krejci trade there will be a D , maybe Seid or Bart ....depends who PC will get ...but can someone explain me why CJ. Keeps THORNTON on the ice in the 2nd OT ???  I HAVE not seen much of Montreal's 4th line in OT ...Shawn Thornton in the 2nd period of OT ??  What the heck , is it me that knowns nothing about hockey or is there something wrong in CJ's brain ????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What is wrong with Krejci. .  .?  If ever the BRUINS lose to the scabs ..Krejci is on his way to another team ....Thornton of course will be gone (Thank God) and in the Krejci trade there will be a D , maybe Seid or Bart ....depends who PC will get ...but can someone explain me why CJ. Keeps THORNTON on the ice in the 2nd OT ???  I HAVE not seen much of Montreal's 4th line in OT ...Shawn Thornton in the 2nd period of OT ??  What the heck , is it me that knowns nothing about hockey or is there something wrong in CJ's brain ????

[/QUOTE]

The more you post, the clearer the answer becomes. :)

Bruins started similar to the Detroit series: effort was there, emotion was not. They did their usual "turn the tide" and wore down the Canadiens, were completely dominant in the OT, but did not bury their chances. The B's took 100 shots and got 10-12 past Price that were either blocked, hit the post, or the B's just plain missed the goal. C'est la vie. Montreal won't win 4 games this way, and I'd be FAR more concerned if the B's had no real chances the whole game. Get rid of the stupid mistakes and finish chances, this could have been a 5-goal blowout win.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stanley stanley stanley ... krejci played well last night. The guy is a top playoff performer but you can't expect  him to do it e year.

Thats not fair. You have to expect the possibility of others to pick up the slack. Sameoes for march

Krejci and march csme up huge for bruins in the past

Now still waiting for loui.

[/QUOTE]

Louie far more effective than Seguin was in Dallas, Louie hit a crossbar and was in and around the paint a lot last night.

You can't even be serious if you were questioning Louie for last night, the effort was there, he was in the right place at the right time, but he didn't bury his chance - and also 5 other Bruins didn't bury their chances.  Seguin didn't even come NEAR traffic in his playoff, never mind IN it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

I recall lose pucks laying behind Price in the 3rd period and the first OT and Bruins players getting mauled as they went for the puck with no penalties called. All this did was add to the Canadien's confidence. They lose this game they are toast. Now the Bruins must exert their will even more. Can they do it? Of course. I guess this series just wasn't meant to be easy.

[/QUOTE]

I'm totally fine with the ref letting them go. Just that it has to go both ways. 

Bruins will skunk them tomorrow for sure (glad I'll be there live) . In Montreal it'll be very very hard. I think they can steal one (Rask must) but don't expect the domination we saw last night. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

oh and why was Bartkowski on the ice so fast after he made a mistake on his earlier shift giving up the puck to Plekanec ? that almost ended it.

While the 4th line did well they also got caught with Eller and Desharnais lines sometimes .  what's up with that, Claude !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

oh and why was Bartkowski on the ice so fast after he made a mistake on his earlier shift giving up the puck to Plekanec ? that almost ended it.

While did the 4th line did well they also got caught with Eller and Desharnais lines sometimes .  what's up with that, Claude !

[/QUOTE]

I was going to bring up the coaching decisions, but chose not to do so.  Each time I talk about coaching, I get burned.  As the author of the "Fire All Coaches" thread, I give in and bow to the guy who has lead this team to the Cup Finals twice in three years and then followed it up with a President's Trophy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no question BsL that Montreal will play better,if they don't they will lose 4 straight as the breaks simply won't go their way forever,the B's are a better,deeper team and it showed.That being said if the B's bring their same intensity but bury their glorious chances they will be alright.I say they win on Saturday and then we'll take it from there.Montreals top line was invisible,while Boston's had numerous 5 star chances and i think they will start burying them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Sucks they lost that way, but if they play like that for the rest of the series they are unlikely to lose 3 out of the next 6. Would be nice to see less shots missing the net, and finishing on more scoring chances. Not too worried, I expect they will come out and win decisively Saturday like they did after losing game 1 to Detroit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Bruins played a good playoff game, They could have easily won 5-2. But they didn't and lost. They will even be better and sharper the next game and the rest of the series. Montreal will not be able to keep pace.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Difficult to use the first game as a precursor for upcomg games in this series . To mamaintain that level of play from boston isn't easy furthermore to expect mtl not to elevate their game might be unlikely.  

Boston will have bury more frequently their good scoring chances or we may not like the outcome of this series

Your getting way ahead of yourself Marco,remember 2011,relax,the B's are the better team and i'm not using last nights game as an example.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I also remember in 2011 down 0-2 that 1st game in Montreal the 1st period was the exact opposite of last nights 1st game.  Habs dominated big time and if it weren't for Tim Thomas Bruins might have lost.  Rask will have to be big also but this time they'll be going into Montreal series tied 1-1.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

I also remember in 2011 down 0-2 that 1st game in Montreal the 1st period was the exact opposite of last nights 1st game.  Habs dominated big time and if it weren't for Tim Thomas Bruins might have lost.  Rask will have to be big also but this time they'll be going into Montreal series tied 1-1.

[/QUOTE]

Rask will have to play big for sure and i'm counting on it,i am also counting on the series being tied 1-1 going back to Montreal.