Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis

Warning :this post is fraudulent including the videos . Read at your own risk.

Had the chance of watching of watching a little OHL playoff action last night. Ryan Murphy who might be an option when the Bruins pick had a good game carrying and passing the puck. He scored the GWG on a big slapshot that pinballed off a defenceman during one of his rushes. His defensive play though is a concern. He needs to get stronger and gets manhandled sometimes because of his size in the defensive zone during rushes and scrambles. Landeskog was pretty quiet on this night until he stripped a Whaler defenceman of the puck to score an EN goal.

Video hilites for the game ( Rangers vision on left hand side of page, 3:33 long )

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/

Flipped back and forth between the game above and the Windsor game. Dallas Stars draftee goalie Jack Campbell had a strong game along with Nashville's Ryan Ellis and Buffalo's Zach Kassian. The one thing about Kassian though is he takes a lot of stupid, undisciplined penalties. Something to consider when he reaches the NHL. He is RW, Lucic is a LW. They will be going up the same side of the ice.  Both players strengths are playing a physical game. Both can fight and have big bodies. Divisional opponent. This might become something to watch for in the future. Kassian could become a player Bruins fans will love to hate. 

Game video 4:35
    http://www.windsorspitfires.com/main/index

And now for something really important..............wait for it ...........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis

Thanks for the report Chowdah. Its interesting to hear you echo some of the things feared about Murphy. Too small, not strong enough defensively.

However he could be good competition for Kampfer cant have too many young PMD's in the system they are worth thier weight in gold round the league right now.

What do you think overall of Landeskog, is that injury still slowing him down?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yup Kassian has given his fair share of head shots. If he makes the team I'm sure the NHL will have an eye on the guy and might just use him as an example.
    IIHF did it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the report Chowdah. Its interesting to hear you echo some of the things feared about Murphy. Too small, not strong enough defensively. However he could be good competition for Kampfer cant have too many young PMD's in the system they are worth thier weight in gold round the league right now. What do you think overall of Landeskog, is that injury still slowing him down?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Yes slow down, way down for the Bruins pic  Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the report Chowdah. Its interesting to hear you echo some of the things feared about Murphy. Too small, not strong enough defensively. However he could be good competition for Kampfer cant have too many young PMD's in the system they are worth thier weight in gold round the league right now. What do you think overall of Landeskog, is that injury still slowing him down?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

For the moments that I've caught a glimpse of Ranger games in the last few months IMO he is not as noticeable on the ice as prior to his injury. Is it due to the injury or just a drop in his level of play ? That's a good question . 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis : Yes slow down, way down for the Bruins pic 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I think the Bruins would have to win the lottery and have some other teams GM's have a brain cramp at the podium for that to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Kassian has to be more consistent if he is going to play in the NHL next season.

Up until the trade deadline the guy was one of the top scores in the OHL and made the World Jr. team.  After Windsor decided to keep both Kassian and Ellis and try for a third straight Memorial Cup Kassian has been a non factor.

Kassian, who should be playing first line minutes was moved off the top line and even saw a game in the press box as a health scratch, just a few weeks ago.  This was after being sent to the dressing room during a game and told not to come back weeks prior, for his lackluster play.

Darcy Regier, GM of the Sabres, had to call Kassian and more or less tell him to get his act together.  It is the believe in Windsor that Kassian still has problems when drinking.  Last season he got into a bar fight and was arrested and just recently was caught in a bar urinating on the floor.

May turn out to be a good power forward one day but getting first hand information on the guy, he is more of a head case right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like the Ryan Ellis kid thought he'd be up by now after his WJC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Kassian has to be more consistent if he is going to play in the NHL next season. Up until the trade deadline the guy was one of the top scores in the OHL and made the World Jr. team.  After Windsor decided to keep both Kassian and Ellis and try for a third straight Memorial Cup Kassian has been a non factor. Kassian, who should be playing first line minutes was moved off the top line and even saw a game in the press box as a health scratch, just a few weeks ago.  This was after being sent to the dressing room during a game and told not to come back weeks prior, for his lackluster play. Darcy Regier, GM of the Sabres, had to call Kassian and more or less tell him to get his act together.  It is the believe in Windsor that Kassian still has problems when drinking.  Last season he got into a bar fight and was arrested and just recently was caught in a bar urinating on the floor. May turn out to be a good power forward one day but getting first hand information on the guy, he is more of a head case right now.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

You don't post often but when you do I appreciate every word you have to say about the OHL. Sounds like Kassian needs some mentoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis : You don't post often but when you do I appreciate every word you have to say about the OHL. Sounds like Kassian needs some mentoring.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You're both our eyes and ears of the OHL.  I didn hear this kid has problems between the ears.
    I could see Cherry calling out the kid to smarten' up !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Murphy, Landeskog, Kassian, Campbell and Ellis:
    [QUOTE]Warning :this post is fraudulent including the videos . Read at your own risk. Had the chance of watching of watching a little OHL playoff action last night. Ryan Murphy who might be an option when the Bruins pick had a good game carrying and passing the puck. He scored the GWG on a big slapshot that pinballed off a defenceman during one of his rushes. His defensive play though is a concern. He needs to get stronger and gets manhandled sometimes because of his size in the defensive zone during rushes and scrambles. Landeskog was pretty quiet on this night until he stripped a Whaler defenceman of the puck to score an EN goal. Video hilites for the game ( Rangers vision on left hand side of page, 3:33 long ) http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/ Flipped back and forth between the game above and the Windsor game. Dallas Stars draftee goalie Jack Campbell had a strong game along with Nashville's Ryan Ellis and Buffalo's Zach Kassian. The one thing about Kassian though is he takes a lot of stupid, undisciplined penalties. Something to consider when he reaches the NHL. He is RW, Lucic is a LW. They will be going up the same side of the ice.  Both players strengths are playing a physical game. Both can fight and have big bodies. Divisional opponent. This might become something to watch for in the future. Kassian could become a player Bruins fans will love to hate.  Game video 4:35 http://www.windsorspitfires.com/main/index And now for something really important..............wait for it ...........
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I immediately started to hate Kassian when he was drafted by Buffalo.Interesting story from his draft day-he and his Mom were approached by Wayne Gretzky,who introduced himself.After chatting about Zach for a few minutes,his Mom,with a straight face,said to Gretzky,"so what do you do?".She was just giving him the gears.Gretzky said he got a good kick out of it.I did as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's nice to see you back, Chowda.  Maybe it's time you owed up to the attack threads you started?

Follow this link to be a man: 

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3ab95ec70d-a8fb-47e2-833b-7bf6b7a35997&plckCurrentPage=4

Sections
Shortcuts