My All Bust line

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

My All Bust line

NAS started a thread on Zach Hamil and it got me thinking about other Bruins who were busts. I tried to go with guys who were taken by the B's in the first or second round (more expectations) and I went back as far as the 90's as I wanted to keep it fairly recent.
    My All Bust Line is as follows:

Goalie:
    Evgeni Ryabchikov - taken #21
    Hannu Toivonen - Honorable mention. Taken at #29. sometimes I wonder if he was a bust or he was not brought along properly by the team.

Defense:
    Lars Johnson - was he REALLY taken at #7 ???????
    Jonathan Aitken - ughhhhhh. taken at #8 - a waste of a pick
    Matt Lashoff - honorable mention as he was taken at #22

Forwards:
    Zach Hamil - #8 pick. I have seen enough
    Dmitri Kvartalnov - #16 - sigh.....
    Martin Samuelson - #27. I remember blinking and he was already out of the league.

of course there have been others - Jordan Sigalet,Ivan Huml, Cameron Mann, Martins Karsums
    makes you appreciate the current regime and thier ability to evaluate talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: My All Bust line

Cameron Mann, Memorial Cup MVP, i really thought mini Cam was going to to do something but he sure didn't pan out at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Dimitri Kvartolnov.....Classic. Ole number 10 plugged into the first line with Oates and Neely....

Rusicka takes the cake for classic eastern europeans on the B's. His Roller Hockey style skates were classics.... I always thought he looked like a pirate. If he was younger they could have use him in the Pirate of the Carribbean movies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Special K scored 30 goals one year - and he's a bust?  If Hamill got half as many I'd be thrilled.  Lots and lots of things you can say about special K, but bust isn't one of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Pamela Anderson, Dolly Parton and Chesty Morgan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: My All Bust line:
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the headline.

Maybe top "D-Pair" of Loni Anderson & Trish Stratus?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: My All Bust line : Exactly what I was thinking when I read the headline. Maybe top "D-Pair" of Loni Anderson & Trish Stratus?
    Posted by Crowls2424

And Morganna the Kissing Bandit as goalie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda I am so glad I was not the only one who read this post title and thought...a line with big breasts huh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Special K scored 30 goals one year - and he's a bust?  If Hamill got half as many I'd be thrilled.  Lots and lots of things you can say about special K, but bust isn't one of them. Posted by BadHabitude

The problem with that BadHab is Dmitri got to the 30 goals very quickly like the first half of the season in 93'. During the Sabres debacle that same year in the playoffs Kvartalnov wanted nothing to do with all the tight checking and hitting then poof he was gone.

MOC coached Dmitri to 60 goals with the San Diego Gulls in 1992 then Harry drafted him. Lots of promise in that two year span then off to Europe in an instant when he wanted more money. Ahh the Sinden years Blahhhh...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

ed121501, The funny thing is that Lars and Martin were taken in the same year.  Now that is seriously a failing not in the European scout Sven Svensson but the whole managment team.  Ah those were the days!  Bourque for Sami Pahlsson (2000), swede crazy in those times!  Yikes, bad, bad, bad.  I remember my Swedish brother in law looking at me during those times  (visiting in the summer) and saying they are not good players!  Ha.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Lee Goren and Carl Soderberg are at least on the bench.  Landon Wilson...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lee Goren and Carl Soderberg are at least on the bench.  Landon Wilson...
    Posted by Fletcher1

Landon Wilson was traded to Boston with Anders Myravold from Colorado for a first round pick.  That pick became BDC Boyfriend Robyn Regehr.  (That's from memory, so if I'm wrong...sorry.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kvartalnov was no bust.  He played pretty well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: My All Bust line : Landon Wilson was traded to Boston with Anders Myravold from Colorado for a first round pick.  That pick became BDC Boyfriend Robyn Regehr.  (That's from memory, so if I'm wrong...sorry.)
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I know we didn't draft him, but I sure do remember the speculation about how great Wilson was going to be.  He was a bust.

Sections
Shortcuts