My Bet's on Weiss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

My Bet's on Weiss

Nothing more than speculation at this point but, a lot of times when a team is supposedly looking at a player on a given team, it ends up they're really looking at a different player.  In this case, there's been much talk of McCabe coming to Boston, but Weiss makes a lot of sense, especially his cap hit (3.1).  Dreger talked about him being available in his report this morning and is intriguing.  28 goals last year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: My Bet's on Weiss

Is David Booth available, and what is his salary?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He makes more sense and I don't think he will cost as much as some might think. He's a playmaker who can also score so it's a bonus the thought of reuniting him with Horton has to be on Chiarelli's mind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weiss has 43 goals since the begining of the 09-10 season Booth has 23 goals during the same length of time and his cap hit is 4.25Mil till 2015 Weiss with more production is only 3.1Mil I wonder which PC is looking at ? :sarcasm:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: My Bet's on Weiss:
    Weiss has 43 goals since the begining of the 09-10 season Booth has 23 goals during the same length of time and his cap hit is 4.25Mil till 2015 Weiss with more production is only 3.1Mil I wonder which PC is looking at ? :sarcasm:
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Booth has been injured .  What is the gaol/game played ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good bet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to My Bet's on Weiss:
    Nothing more than speculation at this point but, a lot of times when a team is supposedly looking at a player on a given team, it ends up they're really looking at a different player.  In this case, there's been much talk of McCabe coming to Boston, but Weiss makes a lot of sense, especially his cap hit (3.1).  Dreger talked about him being available in his report this morning and is intriguing.  28 goals last year. 
    Posted by sgebhardt8

I agree he seems to be a good target.  I'm wondering what you would be willing to part with.  Given limited knowledge of him, a review of his stats and contract situation I would be okay with a 2nd round pick and a prospect on par with Bartkowski.  Given the Versteeg trade many think it may take a first Rounder  plus.  Are you willing to give up our First?  Toronto's? It would be great if you could give a barometer of how intrigued you are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to My Bet's on Weiss : I agree he seems to be a good target.  I'm wondering what you would be willing to part with.  Given limited knowledge of him, a review of his stats and contract situation I would be okay with a 2nd round pick and a prospect on par with Bartkowski.  Given the Versteeg trade many think it may take a first Rounder  plus.  Are you willing to give up our First?  Toronto's? It would be great if you could give a barometer of how intrigued you are.
    Posted by RickyHussle

If our 1st and 3rd would get it done id say go for it. If they want more see if a midlevel prospect peaks their interest.

Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler   I only put wheels here because of his chemistry(sometimes with krejci) also he would be the one chasing pucks around on this line.

Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi 'nuff said.

Horton - Wiess - Seguin I bet weiss's speed and skill level would have chemistry with seguin. Seguin has just been faster than all of our other centers. Also chemistry is good with Horton maybe get him back on pace for 25g this year.

Paille/Thornton-Campbell-Caron

Trade Ryder and add A Greene(NJD) and Kaberle(TOR).

Chara-Kaberle
    Kamp-Siedenberg
    Greene-Ference

Boom Roasted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: My Bet's on Weiss : If our 1st and 3rd would get it done id say go for it. If they want more see if a midlevel prospect peaks their interest. Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler   I only put wheels here because of his chemistry(sometimes with krejci) also he would be the one chasing pucks around on this line. Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi 'nuff said. Horton - Wiess - Seguin I bet weiss's speed and skill level would have chemistry with seguin. Seguin has just been faster than all of our other centers. Also chemistry is good with Horton maybe get him back on pace for 25g this year. Paille/Thornton-Campbell-Caron Trade Ryder and add A Greene(NJD) and Kaberle(TOR). Chara-Kaberle Kamp-Siedenberg Greene-Ference Boom Roasted.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

If that were the deal I would be on the bubble.  The one thing I wonder about immediately is the option of using Wheeler in that deal.  It may be enough to remove the 3rd or certainly a good portion of that value.  Also it would cover ~70% of Weiss's salary, saving our flexibility for a more expensive and valuable PMD.  Without our first rounder however the cap space may be moot unless it's someone could enough that we would part with Toronto's 1.  We have a massive amount of chips but we are still certainly limited by them.  I don't know how we get all the guys you isted but I would probably be pleased if we did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: My Bet's on Weiss : If that were the deal I would be on the bubble.  The one thing I wonder about immediately is the option of using Wheeler in that deal.  It may be enough to remove the 3rd or certainly a good portion of that value.  Also it would cover ~70% of Weiss's salary, saving our flexibility for a more expensive and valuable PMD.  Without our first rounder however the cap space may be moot unless it's someone could enough that we would part with Toronto's 1.  We have a massive amount of chips but we are still certainly limited by them.  I don't know how we get all the guys you isted but I would probably be pleased if we did.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Boston right now has like 5mil almost in capspace (this includes savard LTIR)

Trade Ryder it Becomes 9mil

Weiss 3.1
    Kaberle 4.l
    Greene .95 mil

Fits under the cap.

Weiss for a Bos 1st + Bos 3rd
    Greene for Bos 2nd (still have Min 2nd dont forget) i'd throw in a mid prospect as well if needed.
    Kaberle for Ryder+Stuart and a Pick 4th or 5th Conditional?

I believe that would be enough for all parties involved. TOR will get backa young tough Dman to resign in Stuart.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

why trade ryder? hes playing well.
    Posted by pbergeron37

EDITED POST

Not too mention most teams will not give to get Ryder instead they will offer to take him if you throw in a pick.  So, I agree with pb37.

I don't think the Kaberle deal would be accepted.  Also if Greene is nearly as valuable as Kampfer then I don't think he goes for a second, I certainly don't think we would give up Kampfer for a second.  I guess I would need to know more about the level of prospect.  Colbourne? Caron? Bartkowski?

This is precisely the type of asset dumping that scares me given the trajectory we expect the careers of Bergeron, Krejci and most importantly Seguin are on.  Might as well throw in Rask and Kampfer  as well these assets should either be skating alongside our young nucleus or traded for necesary parts when the nucleus mentioned reaches the pinnacle of it's development.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Same feeling here ...I would have loved Dustin Penner but I think we will get Weiss wich is a good choice

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: My Bet's on Weiss : Boston right now has like 5mil almost in capspace (this includes savard LTIR) Trade Ryder it Becomes 9mil Weiss 3.1 Kaberle 4.l Greene .95 mil Fits under the cap. Weiss for a Bos 1st + Bos 3rd Greene for Bos 2nd (still have Min 2nd dont forget) i'd throw in a mid prospect as well if needed. Kaberle for Ryder+Stuart and a Pick 4th or 5th Conditional? I believe that would be enough for all parties involved. TOR will get backa young tough Dman to resign in Stuart.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Ryder,Stuart & a draft pick for Kaberle? Are you insane?? Kaberle is way over rated & way over paid. He is also a headcase who doesn't get along with the coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Ryder is a very tradeable piece. Dont know why you guys are thinking he isnt. let me give you a very likely scenario. Team A is looking to remove salary from the roster for possible freeagent's to come this summer. They would be very likely to take on ryders expireing contract this year and move a longer term contract they want to be free of come this summer.

Its one of the few ways to get cap space in a hurry in this league. Most teams are against either the NHL cap or a self imposed cap. So you clear money through alternative methods.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Ryder is a very tradeable piece. Dont know why you guys are thinking he isnt. let me give you a very likely scenario. Team A is looking to remove salary from the roster for possible freeagent's to come this summer. They would be very likely to take on ryders expireing contract this year and move a longer term contract they want to be free of come this summer. Its one of the few ways to get cap space in a hurry in this league. Most teams are against either the NHL cap or a self imposed cap. So you clear money through alternative methods.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Very tradeable? The Bruins would have to be getting a player superior to Ryder under your scenario.  Maybe Penner is the ideal candidate, do you think the Oilers do that?  I think the Oilers laugh at us if we ask (which is okay, better to know). I think the salary dump trick is much more common in the NBA then the NHL.  We could hash out the reasons for this, but at this time I just want to know if I am missing something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ryder is a very tradeable piece. Dont know why you guys are thinking he isnt. let me give you a very likely scenario. Team A is looking to remove salary from the roster for possible freeagent's to come this summer. They would be very likely to take on ryders expireing contract this year and move a longer term contract they want to be free of come this summer. Its one of the few ways to get cap space in a hurry in this league. Most teams are against either the NHL cap or a self imposed cap. So you clear money through alternative methods.
    Posted by puckhog9966

If Ryder was tradeable, he'd have been dealt by now. He's bloated at 4 million per year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

BBR - Based on what criteria is Ryder "bloated" at $4M?  Give me real comparables - veteran players on pace for 20+ goals.  Not EL guys.  Not "we could have these

In really simple terms, he's the tied for 130th highest salary cap hit and 114th in league scoring.  Look at scoring for forwards and skim down the list.  I bet there maybe 10 players who are out-scoring Ryder who are getting paid less - if you take out the EL guys.  Fewer still if you take out vets who are coming off of bad contracts and underperforming years but are now finding their groove again - like Morrison.

There are many reasons that Ryder isn't very tradeable.  His salary isn't really one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

BBR - Based on what criteria is Ryder "bloated" at $4M?  Give me real comparables - veteran players on pace for 20+ goals.  Not EL guys.  Not "we could have these In really simple terms, he's the tied for 130th highest salary cap hit and 114th in league scoring.  Look at scoring for forwards and skim down the list.  I bet there maybe 10 players who are out-scoring Ryder who are getting paid less - if you take out the EL guys.  Fewer still if you take out vets who are coming off of bad contracts and underperforming years but are now finding their groove again - like Morrison. There are many reasons that Ryder isn't very tradeable.  His salary isn't really one.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Agreed and this is why he's more valuable to the B's then to anyone else.  Ryder is not going anywhere unless ownership demands PC deal his salry away in order to get new players.  First of all those new players would have to be avaialble, secondly, there is no guarantee they outperform Ryder, while they are guaranteed to cost many assets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

All Bs players on my list of tradeable:

Wheeler
    Paille
    Stuart
    Boychuck

Prov:
    Anyone and Everyone

Draft Picks:
    Anything other than the Toronto #1

Prospects:
    Anyone other than Spooner/Knight

Not saying they (above) are world-beaters and would bring back much at face value, but someone would have to be moved to create the cap space to get the talent in here the Bs need to get to the next level.

The Bs are a #2 Defenseman and high scoring winger/center away from being a true contender.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: My Bet's on Weiss : you keep saying that you want the bruins to make a big time move. If you want that, your going to have to give up stuff that you list as untradable
    Posted by pbergeron37

Our draft picks and some of the prospects in Prov have value, not to mention Wheeler who might actually flourish in another system.I am not expecting a "blockbuster" or franchise player (aka Kovulchuk), just upgrades over what we have now and am NOT under any illusion that we will not have to pay to get it.

If not? Then another wasted year and we wait until the offseason to try again. This team, as constituted, will not get past the Flyers and maybe not even the Habs in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: My Bet's on Weiss : Agreed and this is why he's more valuable to the B's then to anyone else.  Ryder is not going anywhere unless ownership demands PC deal his salry away in order to get new players.  First of all those new players would have to be avaialble, secondly, there is no guarantee they outperform Ryder, while they are guaranteed to cost many assets.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Ownership has nothing to do with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Weiss is a hidden gem, imo.   The guy's been off the radar because he played for the Panthers his whole career.   He has talent to spare and coming to the Bs would jump start the point machine that he is. Posted by ipot

^Agreed!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

http://spectorshockey.net/2011/02/nhl-rumors-for-wednesday-february-16-2011/

This guy is thinking two first round picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

anyone remember this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfYOBOpxGM

anyways i like him and would take him on the Bs

Sections
Shortcuts