My Bruins Christmas Fix.....(Trades, Firings, Callups, line up)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

My Bruins Christmas Fix.....(Trades, Firings, Callups, line up)

This Bruins team doesnt need a complete remake, but i really am getting sick of watching this team, total lack off heart....this is how i would fix it

Trade

Danille Paille to NY Islanders for a 5th round choice - dont need him or want him

Firings

Fire Geoff Ward, Someone has to go, His Powerplay is terrible and this staff needs alittle change

Who replaces him?....none other then Mike Milbury...imaging the fire he would light under these guys buts, the passion and bruins history runs through his blood....and no i dont want him to run the PP, Jarvis can do that

Call Ups

Brian Mcgratton - give him some playing time, he will fight anyone, anywhere, for any reason....someone runs one of our players, he will go after them....i love Thornton, but he is too much of a good guy, always ask guys to go, never makes guys go

line up

alittle adjustment

Lucic    Savard    Seguin

Recchi  Bergeron  Horton

Ryder    Krejci    Wheeler

Marchand   Campbell    Mcgratton / Thorton

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: My Bruins Christmas Fix.....(Trades, Firings, Callups, line up)

In Response to My Bruins Christmas Fix.....(Trades, Firings, Callups, line up):
    This Bruins team doesnt need a complete remake, but i really am getting sick of watching this team, total lack off heart....this is how i would fix it Trade Danille Paille to NY Islanders for a 5th round choice - dont need him or want him Firings Fire Geoff Ward, Someone has to go, His Powerplay is terrible and this staff needs alittle change Who replaces him?....none other then Mike Milbury...imaging the fire he would light under these guys buts, the passion and bruins history runs through his blood....and no i dont want him to run the PP, Jarvis can do that Call Ups Brian Mcgratton - give him some playing time, he will fight anyone, anywhere, for any reason....someone runs one of our players, he will go after them....i love Thornton, but he is too much of a good guy, always ask guys to go, never makes guys go line up alittle adjustment   Lucic    Savard    Seguin  Recchi  Bergeron  Horton  Ryder    Krejci    Wheeler  Marchand   Campbell    Mcgratton / Thorton
    Posted by darrenryan

...FAIL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Make trade before tomorrow's cutoff;; Trade Wheeler for young defenseman; trade Paille for whatever is available; does the "cut-off" prevent callups?? IMO the best team the Bruins could put forth is::: Call up Caron and Arneil and redo the lines .                       Lucic/ Savard/ Seguin
                            Arneil/Kreji/Horton
                             Ryder/Bergeron/Caron
                              Marchand/Campbell/Recchi

Seidenberg/  Kamfer
                               Chara  /  Boychuck
           new defenseman / Ference/ McQuaid

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickiebsb. Show dickiebsb's posts

1st off, call up brian mcgrattan? wow thats really going to change something. Thornton is one of the most respected players in the room, answers the bell everytime, and is very reliable for the coaching staff. 2. You want a 19 yr old rookie who has struggles recently to play with Savard and Lucic? I dont think so. Keep 46,18, and 17 together. They have played well all season. Savard bring depth to line 2 with Ryder and Wheeler. Than keep the 3rd line 37, 19 and 28.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

dickiebsb is the only one that makes any sense on this thread

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudduck72. Show mudduck72's posts

horton is not playing well with kreji so somerhing needs to change! has anyone noticed horton has not scored in quit a while! put him with savard and see what happens!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dickie, some of us don't think the coaching staff is very reliable, so Thornton fits right in with your perspective
    2] The almost 19 year old is faster and has better hands and shot than most guys on the team
    3] Ryder and Wheeler [ especially] have failed to perform with anyone so far this year. Ryder made a great goal in Montreal and then faded as he usually does.
    4] doesn't Recchi's fading skills bother you??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins Christmas Fix.....(Trades, Firings, Callups, line up):
    1st off, call up brian mcgrattan? wow thats really going to change something. Thornton is one of the most respected players in the room, answers the bell everytime, and is very reliable for the coaching staff.
    Posted by dickiebsb

What was his answer to Philly when Shelley took out McQuaid?

He's more useless than a goon, because at least the goon is there to protect this teammates.

Thornton just skates around and takes valuable minutes from hockey players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickiebsb. Show dickiebsb's posts

Not-A-Shot, lol im not responding to posters with less than 100 posts. Lemme guess, your one of those "fans" who watch the game from home, never played or have any idea what the game is really about. Your one of those RAH RAH guys who watches a terrible team performance, then to correct it you need to HIT MORE, and be more PHYSICAL, and play with a PASSION. learn the game. the nhl is a up and down league. 10 games a team looks like they can win the cup. 10 more games are they look like Toronto. Thornton is a goon? ya sure, go ask his teammates who he has to answer teh bell for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

my xmas fix comes in a bottle

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

What are you 12? You have NOT played this game. It IS all about passion and dedication...you are a joke and now on ignore.
    Doc
    In Response to Re: My Bruins Christmas Fix.....(Trades, Firings, Callups, line up):
    Not-A-Shot, lol im not responding to posters with less than 100 posts. Lemme guess, your one of those "fans" who watch the game from home, never played or have any idea what the game is really about. Your one of those RAH RAH guys who watches a terrible team performance, then to correct it you need to HIT MORE, and be more PHYSICAL, and play with a PASSION. learn the game. the nhl is a up and down league. 10 games a team looks like they can win the cup. 10 more games are they look like Toronto. Thornton is a goon? ya sure, go ask his teammates who he has to answer teh bell for.
    Posted by dickiebsb

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Thornton just skates around and takes valuable minutes from hockey players.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

This is way off. He's been one of our best forwards this year and has never been a liability in any way...the only knock on him is that he apparently plays a tough role with honor and isn't a dirty player. 2 more goals tonight and a fight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickiebsb. Show dickiebsb's posts

TO ALL MORONS, LAST NIGHT was arguably the biggest game of the season. 02 secs in he knuckles up with Boulton in a good bout.Then scores 2 goals as we ROLLLL to a dominate victory. GET MCGRATTAN IN MONDAY PLEASEEEEE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Thorton must be reading my post....

who should i call out next to get them going?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It looks like those who like "staged " fights got what they wanted last nite, and then some real passion reactions. IMO the passion reaction is way more indicative of team spirit than the ' staged" performance. Thornton added two goals which we all should appreciate. He is definitely a Bruin thru and thru. That said, he is not that great a hockey player, and long term should replace Paille as the 13th forward along with Recchi who's skills have eroded considerably this year. It's ironic that Thornton scores twice against the Atlanta goalie, but Horton, lucic and others were stoned by some brilliant saves.

Sections
Shortcuts