My Bruins Roster for 2012-13

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: My Bruins Roster for 2012-13

In Response to Re: My Bruins Roster for 2012-13:
    In Response to Re: My Bruins Roster for 2012-13 : Here you go Biss: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8469664 Seen him play a number of times in Calgary. Solid guy.
    Posted by jmwalters

jm - I've also caught some of his games when the Flames have been the second half of CBC's double-headers.  As I remember he was not reluctant to take the body.  Not a fighter but someone who finishes checks.  What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am not convinced Peverly deserves the spot on the second line, although I do believe Marchand will fall from grace this next year.  With Bergeron's tenacity on all ends of the ice, I do believe third line is excellent for him as when his minutes rise in the season, there is a definite chance of his career ending with a unfortunate hit resultant of a tired weary view of the play.  So less time makes his play more valuable.  Hamilton will be on the team next year, he has nothing to learn in junior.  Walters, nice work period.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins Roster for 2012-13 : jm - I've also caught some of his games when the Flames have been the second half of CBC's double-headers.  As I remember he was not reluctant to take the body.  Not a fighter but someone who finishes checks.  What do you think?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

That's him in a nutshell. He won't go looking for fights but he is a big guy with a surprising scoring touch and certainly not afraid to go in the dirty areas. His best asset, however, is his versatility. He is very capable of filling in on any line temporarily (like say when Horton goes down with an injury for instance). That is something the B's really needed this year when the injuries hit but no one could consistently step up.

The best part is that he is coming off a down season which means he won't be seeking ridiculous money on the open market and the Flames, who have major cap issues, are not likely to re-sign him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am not convinced Peverly deserves the spot on the second line, although I do believe Marchand will fall from grace this next year.  With Bergeron's tenacity on all ends of the ice, I do believe third line is excellent for him as when his minutes rise in the season, there is a definite chance of his career ending with a unfortunate hit resultant of a tired weary view of the play.  So less time makes his play more valuable.  Hamilton will be on the team next year, he has nothing to learn in junior.  Walters, nice work period.  
    Posted by islamorada

Thanks Islamorada. With regard to your Peverley concern I consider the top three lines as being interchangeable which means they can switch it up as the situation dictates, a specific need arises, or one line is in a collective slump. Icetime between these lines can be split up accordingly.

As for Hamilton, if he really is ready that would definitely make next season very interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbaron1966. Show redbaron1966's posts

I am going to just put in my 10 cents in a different fashion, as to who shouldn't be there. 

A)  Tim Thomas:  I think that it is time to think about the future, and where Tim was a distraction in the locker room, with his no show at the White House, and his politically driven tweets that got the press in the locker room over him, and then his Game 5 calling out of the players, he has become more toxic, and his allowance of certain goals during the First Round, makes one wonder if he really wants to be in Boston any further.

B)  Mike Mottau/Greg Zanon:  These were rental players and while it doesn't do much with the cap-hit, if you could get some decent replacement via free agency then by all means do it.

C) Joe Corvo:  I don't think he got the system too well in Boston.  With that said, maybe you can go another route on Defense and patch that hole up. 

As for a trade for Thomas, a decent back-up to Tuuka, and a decent puck moving and a decent power-play forward would be a good thing to have.  The power-play this year just plain stunk, and it lacked any creativity.  As for replacements for Mottau and Zannon, would be players who can SKATE consistently each shift, who can move the puck.  Goal scoring we have, if we move the puck better, the power-play becomes easier, the goal scoring gets EVEN better!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins Roster for 2012-13 : That's him in a nutshell. He won't go looking for fights but he is a big guy with a surprising scoring touch and certainly not afraid to go in the dirty areas. His best asset, however, is his versatility. He is very capable of filling in on any line temporarily (like say when Horton goes down with an injury for instance). That is something the B's really needed this year when the injuries hit but no one could consistently step up. The best part is that he is coming off a down season which means he won't be seeking ridiculous money on the open market and the Flames, who have major cap issues, are not likely to re-sign him.
    Posted by jmwalters

Perhaps PC will give him a look.  Couldn't hurt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins Roster for 2012-13 : Perhaps PC will give him a look.  Couldn't hurt.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Maybe he could kick the tires on him?

Smile

Sections
Shortcuts