My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!!

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!!:
    Well, I figured I was done with you guys, but since I see my name coming up several times in this thread, I guess I'll comment again. Yes, many Canuck fans (myself included) were crushed, bitter and angry about the  results of the Finals.  Many are still bitter, and will remain so until training camp (and maybe even longer).  To each his own. Yes, we all thought this was "the year", when all those disappointments over the past 40 years would be put behind us.  Alas, it was not to be.  In past years, I've gotten quite worked up about the shortcomings of our beloved Canucks, but as I've gotten older, I've learned to (or at least, tried to) take it all in stride.  Amazingly, the sun actually rose on June 16, and I was able to drag myself to work and put in a full day.  As time has gone on, I've come to realize that it was a very good season -- that being the best team in the league in the regular season, and the second to last team standing is an accomplishment that 28 other teams would be jealous of. (Yes, I know that pales in comparison to the Bruins' feat -- no need for anyone else to mention it). My bitterness lasted about a week, then I began to get over it, or at least, understand it. I commended TT, in many posts on this very site, of his stellar play, and defended my team's players when they were being thoroughly trashed by some commenters here.  I have attempted not to be a "sore loser", even in the face of some very "bad winners" here (you know who you are).  Despite being called all number of things, I have resisted sinking down to that level of vitriol. I don't understand the need for some comments here to continually grind my nose in the Canucks' loss -- the "kick a man when he's down" mentality.  Feel good about your win, by all means;  but is it also necessary to make the opposing team's fans feel as bad as you possibly can?  If that gives you pleasure,  then ... well let's just say that I hope you're not a parent. As for the post-game reaction here, I went on record, stating that I abhor the behaviour of drunken louts who gave Vancouver a black eye, and congratulate those who responded to the Facebook call-to-arms and went downtown with brooms and shovels the next day to assist in the cleanup.  The degree of emotion associated with team sports and collective experiences brings out the best and worst in people, so clearly on display in Vancouver. The Canucks "Cup window" will remain open for several more years, so I hope to revel in the sweet glow of a Stanley Cup victory sometime in the future.  If/when that happens, I will celebrate, but will also be sure not to insult opposing fans when their emotions are at their lowest point.
    Posted by 49-North

Rarely does a man get kicked when he stays in his own house! You wanna be in here? Fine; but don't think when you mention or talk down about ANY Bruin that you're not going to get a "Worry about your team!" comments! You wanna talk hockey that's fine; but don't try to stand your ground in a place that isn't yours to begin with! You don't like the trash talk about your pansy as#ed team? There's a front & back door & I'll even help open a window for you if the flames get too hot! Don't expect to get away with talking down about the Bruins in here! I'll say whatever I want about whatever team I want. While I'm in my favourite teams domain. You sir will NOT get the same privledge. NOT HERE; not FROM ME!! The organization is a joke & they behaved like a joke. You don't like hearing that? Here; I'll turn the knob for you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have attempted not to be a "sore loser", even in the face of some very "bad winners" here (you know who you are).  Despite being called all number of things, I have resisted sinking down to that level of vitriol. I don't understand the need for some comments here to continually grind my nose in the Canucks' loss -- the "kick a man when he's down" mentality.  Feel good about your win, by all means;  but is it also necessary to make the opposing team's fans feel as bad as you possibly can? 
    Posted by 49-North

Your team is classless.  It is full of divers and biters and cry baby coaches.  Your goaltender is going to go down in history as a world class buffoon who would have stopped that shot.  Your fellow fans are a bunch of maniacs who attempted to burn the city to the ground. 

After the second game, when the Canucks were up 2-0 (!), everything we heard from Canucks fans was how bad the Boston team was and how it was going to be over in four. 

And then they folded.  And then they lost.

Yes, I am going to rub it in the face of every Canuck fan that decides to come here for civil conversation.  I have no respect for anyone who could try to defend that team or the actions of the fans.  You're all a bunch of blow hard jokes. 

If you're a sissy like your favorite team's Captain (and his sissy sister), all of this hockey talk will probably hurt your feelings.  You should stop coming here.

This is not going to change.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

What will happen to Luongo if he starts the season 2-6 ?

Another riot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!! : Rarely does a man get kicked when he stays in his own house! You wanna be in here? Fine; but don't think when you mention or talk down about ANY Bruin that you're not going to get a "Worry about your team!" comments! You wanna talk hockey that's fine; but don't try to stand your ground in a place that isn't yours to begin with! You don't like the trash talk about your pansy as#ed team? There's a front & back door & I'll even help open a window for you if the flames get too hot! Don't expect to get away with talking down about the Bruins in here! I'll say whatever I want about whatever team I want. While I'm in my favourite teams domain. You sir will NOT get the same privledge. NOT HERE; not FROM ME!! The organization is a joke & they behaved like a joke. You don't like hearing that? Here; I'll turn the knob for you!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Exactly what he said. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

There may be a lot of reasons for me to decide not to return to this site and continue making comments, but childish rants and schoolyard verbal bullying won't do it. 

Unlike Ronstar8, NAS, and, worst of all nitemare, I don't jump to mass generalizations.  I refuse to categorize all Bruin fans as childish, trash-talking punks, just because of these three.  Just as I would hope that the rational contributors to this site don't lump me in with crybaby, drunken rioters like some (a very few, and certainly unworthy) Canuck fans.  In fact, I would say that nitemare and his ilk are the exceptions, and for the most part, I have been able to engage in a good dialogue with many of  you.  I love talking hockey, but just don't expect me to join in on the "yeah, the Bruins are totally awesome, we love all of you guys, and by the way, the Canucks are a bunch of whining, diving, biters!!" talk. 

Finally, nitemare, internet forums like these are NOT your private domain.  If you want a place where you get to select who contributes to the conversation, then start up your own site.  I adhere to the codes of conduct (much more so than you), so if you don't like what I'm saying, then just hit "Ignore". Frankly, I think that the 12-year old schoolyard bully behaviour says much more about you, than you are attempting to say about me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

There may be a lot of reasons for me to decide not to return to this site and continue making comments, but childish rants and schoolyard verbal bullying won't do it.  Unlike Ronstar8, NAS, and, worst of all nitemare, I don't jump to mass generalizations.  I refuse to categorize all Bruin fans as childish, trash-talking punks, just because of these three.  Just as I would hope that the rational contributors to this site don't lump me in with crybaby, drunken rioters like some (a very few, and certainly unworthy) Canuck fans.  In fact, I would say that nitemare and his ilk are the exceptions, and for the most part, I have been able to engage in a good dialogue with many of  you.  I love talking hockey, but just don't expect me to join in on the "yeah, the Bruins are totally awesome, we love all of you guys, and by the way, the Canucks are a bunch of whining, diving, biters!!" talk.  Finally, nitemare, internet forums like these are NOT your private domain.  If you want a place where you get to select who contributes to the conversation, then start up your own site.  I adhere to the codes of conduct (much more so than you), so if you don't like what I'm saying, then just hit "Ignore". Frankly, I think that the 12-year old schoolyard bully behaviour says much more about you, than you are attempting to say about me.
    Posted by 49-North

Whine;whine;whine! Just like a Sedin sister running to the ref..." HEY HE HIT ME!" Listen idiot I never said this was MY DOMAIN! I said I have more of a right to be here than a pansy as$ed Canuck goof like yourself!!! This is a BOSTON BRUINS forum for Boston Bruin fans! I'm not the outsider here numbnuts! YOU ARE! You're a typical Canucks fan who cheers for a team that's trash; but think you're so high & mighty over everybody else!! And as long as you continue to come here. I'll continue to remind you that your opinion isn't warranted; or wanted! Get lost Loser!

And for the few that you had your pow wows with on here? Just wait until you say something to get them PO'd. The first thing they'll be bringing up is your team of LOSERS! Who in the freak do you think you are! Thinking you can walze into another teams forum & just say whatever you want about that team & thinkn there's no reprucssions that come with it!! Who's the 12 yr old thinking that was possible!!!

Code of conduct? Seriously! Coming into another teams forum & talking down about it's players is considered OK conduct? I believe the only conduct that follows is one of a troll!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

They're not all bad... My brother-in-law jumped on the Canucks bandwagon this spring.  When it came to the final, he suggested we wager a bottle on the outcome. Scotch for me, rum for him.  At the end of the series, I would have been happy with a $40 bottle, but he sent me a $200 bottle of Johnny Walker 'Blue Label'.   Victory is sweet and it is a bottle that I will cherish.  I glued a picture of Big Z with the cup on the outside of the case. After a few celebratory tastes, my plan is to enjoy a double shot at the end of each future playoff series victory.  Hopefully, I polish it off next year.
    Posted by stanjonathan17

Johnny Walker Blue? Your cousin is a class act.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Well, I figured I was done with you guys, but since I see my name coming up several times in this thread, I guess I'll comment again. Yes, many Canuck fans (myself included) were crushed, bitter and angry about the  results of the Finals.  Many are still bitter, and will remain so until training camp (and maybe even longer).  To each his own. Yes, we all thought this was "the year", when all those disappointments over the past 40 years would be put behind us.  Alas, it was not to be.  In past years, I've gotten quite worked up about the shortcomings of our beloved Canucks, but as I've gotten older, I've learned to (or at least, tried to) take it all in stride.  Amazingly, the sun actually rose on June 16, and I was able to drag myself to work and put in a full day.  As time has gone on, I've come to realize that it was a very good season -- that being the best team in the league in the regular season, and the second to last team standing is an accomplishment that 28 other teams would be jealous of. (Yes, I know that pales in comparison to the Bruins' feat -- no need for anyone else to mention it). My bitterness lasted about a week, then I began to get over it, or at least, understand it. I commended TT, in many posts on this very site, of his stellar play, and defended my team's players when they were being thoroughly trashed by some commenters here.  I have attempted not to be a "sore loser", even in the face of some very "bad winners" here (you know who you are).  Despite being called all number of things, I have resisted sinking down to that level of vitriol. I don't understand the need for some comments here to continually grind my nose in the Canucks' loss -- the "kick a man when he's down" mentality.  Feel good about your win, by all means;  but is it also necessary to make the opposing team's fans feel as bad as you possibly can?  If that gives you pleasure,  then ... well let's just say that I hope you're not a parent. As for the post-game reaction here, I went on record, stating that I abhor the behaviour of drunken louts who gave Vancouver a black eye, and congratulate those who responded to the Facebook call-to-arms and went downtown with brooms and shovels the next day to assist in the cleanup.  The degree of emotion associated with team sports and collective experiences brings out the best and worst in people, so clearly on display in Vancouver. The Canucks "Cup window" will remain open for several more years, so I hope to revel in the sweet glow of a Stanley Cup victory sometime in the future.  If/when that happens, I will celebrate, but will also be sure not to insult opposing fans when their emotions are at their lowest point.
    Posted by 49-North

Stop trying to be reasonable, lest somebody else post and try to knock you down with a barrage of exclamation points.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

There may be a lot of reasons for me to decide not to return to this site and continue making comments, but childish rants and schoolyard verbal bullying won't do it.  Unlike Ronstar8, NAS, and, worst of all nitemare, I don't jump to mass generalizations.  I refuse to categorize all Bruin fans as childish, trash-talking punks, just because of these three.  Just as I would hope that the rational contributors to this site don't lump me in with crybaby, drunken rioters like some (a very few, and certainly unworthy) Canuck fans.  In fact, I would say that nitemare and his ilk are the exceptions, and for the most part, I have been able to engage in a good dialogue with many of  you.  I love talking hockey, but just don't expect me to join in on the "yeah, the Bruins are totally awesome, we love all of you guys, and by the way, the Canucks are a bunch of whining, diving, biters!!" talk.  Finally, nitemare, internet forums like these are NOT your private domain.  If you want a place where you get to select who contributes to the conversation, then start up your own site.  I adhere to the codes of conduct (much more so than you), so if you don't like what I'm saying, then just hit "Ignore". Frankly, I think that the 12-year old schoolyard bully behaviour says much more about you, than you are attempting to say about me.
    Posted by 49-North

Sorry 49North but your opinion of yourself is way, way off. I like the way you try to use "verbal masterbation" to attempt to gain a fanbase and maintain that all you try to do here is talk hockey. I will admit that some (certainly not all) of your comments are ok, you do like to light fires (no pun intended..... or is it??).

Therefore, you will not get any sympathy from me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!! : Sorry 49North but your opinion of yourself is way, way off. I like the way you try to use "verbal masterbation" to attempt to gain a fanbase and maintain that all you try to do here is talk hockey. I will admit that some (certainly not all) of your comments are ok, you do like to light fires (no pun intended..... or is it??). Therefore, you will not get any sympathy from me. 
    Posted by Ronstar8

My job is not to agree with you and beat the Bruins drum. There are several among you who do that job quite nicely.  However, on any discussion forum, it's always helpful (if you're interested in a balanced dialogue) to have an opposing view, or a perspective from someone who's thought process is different from your own.  I think I bring that, in a generally non-provocative way (though I admit that, during the heat of the Final, emotions can get the better of me). 

Surely, you don't want everyone to agree with everyone 100% of the time, do you?  It's not much of a discussion then, is it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just as I would hope that the rational contributors to this site don't lump me in with crybaby, drunken rioters like some (a very few, and certainly unworthy) Canuck fans. 
    Posted by 49-North

Crybaby? 

I don't understand the need for some comments here to continually grind my nose in the Canucks' loss -- the "kick a man when he's down" mentality.  Feel good about your win, by all means;  but is it also necessary to make the opposing team's fans feel as bad as you possibly can?  If that gives you pleasure,  then ... well let's just say that I hope you're not a parent.
    Posted by 49-North

The Canucks are a pitiful pile of wussbags.  And you're a fan of that.

See ya.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!! : My job is not to agree with you and beat the Bruins drum. There are several among you who do that job quite nicely.  However, on any discussion forum, it's always helpful (if you're interested in a balanced dialogue) to have an opposing view, or a perspective from someone who's thought process is different from your own.  I think I bring that, in a generally non-provocative way (though I admit that, during the heat of the Final, emotions can get the better of me).  Surely, you don't want everyone to agree with everyone 100% of the time, do you?  It's not much of a discussion then, is it?
    Posted by 49-North

There's very few of us that think your thought process counts for much! You cheer for a team full of pansies! Pansies don't belong in a bears den!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!! : Your team is classless.  It is full of divers and biters and cry baby coaches.  Your goaltender is going to go down in history as a world class buffoon who would have stopped that shot.  Your fellow fans are a bunch of maniacs who attempted to burn the city to the ground.  After the second game, when the Canucks were up 2-0 (!), everything we heard from Canucks fans was how bad the Boston team was and how it was going to be over in four.  And then they folded.  And then they lost. Yes, I am going to rub it in the face of every Canuck fan that decides to come here for civil conversation.  I have no respect for anyone who could try to defend that team or the actions of the fans.  You're all a bunch of blow hard jokes.  If you're a sissy like your favorite team's Captain (and his sissy sister), all of this hockey talk will probably hurt your feelings.  You should stop coming here. This is not going to change.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

GREAT POST THANK YOU

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Ask the Blackhawks, Preds and Sharks if they think the Canucks are a "team full of pansies". 

Also, it's curious that, given that the Canucks are "a soft, weak team of pansies and sisters", as is often claimed here, that it took the Bruins 7 games to beat them.  I would have thought that a rough, tough, determined team like the B's would have been able to sweep such a weak, undetermined bunch of wusses?

Or, could it possibly be that the B's are just slightly LESS of a team of whiners and crybabies (I cite the antics of Lucic, Recchi and Marchand) than the Canucks?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Ask the Blackhawks, Preds and Sharks if they think the Canucks are a "team full of pansies".  Also, it's curious that, given that the Canucks are "a soft, weak team of pansies and sisters", as is often claimed here, that it took the Bruins 7 games to beat them.  I would have thought that a rough, tough, determined team like the B's would have been able to sweep such a weak, undetermined bunch of wusses? Or, could it possibly be that the B's are just slightly LESS of a team of whiners and crybabies (I cite the antics of Lucic, Recchi and Marchand) than the Canucks?
    Posted by 49-North

Clearly, you are NOT over it! And the antics you are referring to were based on actions the biggest nancy the league has ever seen (waaaaahhh!! the refs are not fair with me!!!). 3 words for you..... STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!

By the way, weren't you leaving the board? I thought I read that somewhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Replying to:
    " However, on any discussion forum, it's always helpful (if you're interested in a balanced dialogue) to have an opposing view, or a perspective from someone who's thought process is different from your own."
    The place for that is on the Yahoo forums or Hockey Night in Canada forums etc.This is a Bruins forum where people here can find enough to disagree about without your help and bringing the Canucks into the discussion. That was fine during the playoffs-but now it's tired. Playoffs create rivalry. There may not have been much of one before but there is now. You are now the enemy. Expect a response that reflects what you are now. You're a Canuck  . . . on a Bruins board . . . (follow me so far) where you will be listened to but when you are at the Bruins Party and go reach for the proverbial last beer in the fridge - no- that belongs to a Bruins fan and you will be kicked out onto the street where you belong.
    I really can't believe you are still here . Go back to the Vancouver Province or Canucks .com boards and discuss how you were beaten by the refs ad nauseam.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ask the Blackhawks, Preds and Sharks if they think the Canucks are a "team full of pansies".  Also, it's curious that, given that the Canucks are "a soft, weak team of pansies and sisters", as is often claimed here, that it took the Bruins 7 games to beat them.  I would have thought that a rough, tough, determined team like the B's would have been able to sweep such a weak, undetermined bunch of wusses? Or, could it possibly be that the B's are just slightly LESS of a team of whiners and crybabies (I cite the antics of Lucic, Recchi and Marchand) than the Canucks?
    Posted by 49-North

LMAO!!! I knew you were full of it!!! Trying to sound all noble! Typical isn't it! Try to lure some of us into feeling sorry for you & cry about everybody picking on you!! You just showed your true colors! A blindsiding; pansy; whiney little puss! I will give you one thing...You do stand up for yourself a LOT better then Thelma did....Maybe we'll upgrade your name to....Betty!  You're so pathetic; Get out of here you pansy loving dick!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Read what I'm posting, then read what you're posting in response.  Then tell me who's language is more mature.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Read what I'm posting, then read what you're posting in response.  Then tell me who's language is more mature.
    Posted by 49-North

Why don't you go talk hockey with Canuck fans?  We are Bruins fans.  We have no respect for anyone who follows the Biting Diving Babies of the Northwest.

No one wants you here.  Heck, I'm a big Bruins fan and half of them don't want me here!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by 49-North

At least I'm mature enough to STAY AWAY from other teams forums! What the heck is wrong with you; GO AWAY! Geezuz; you're like an STD. Easy to get; but hard to get rid of!!

I could care less to sound more mature around a pansy loving dickweed! Go way off in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!! : At least I'm mature enough to STAY AWAY from other teams forums! What the heck is wrong with you; GO AWAY! Geezuz; you're like an STD. Easy to get; but hard to get rid of!! I could care less to sound more mature around a pansy loving dickweed! Go way off in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie!
    Posted by nitemare-38

LMAO!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWouldn't a rematch be great!
    Bruins and Canucks 2012 finals. could happen!n Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!!:
    Posted by 49-North

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I would love to see a rematch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would love to see a rematch.
    Posted by 49-North

Of course you would.  You'd love to see that bunch of frauds get out of the second round.

I doubt that'll happen, however.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: My Cousin in Vancouver Is A Sore Loser!! : At least I'm mature enough to STAY AWAY from other teams forums! What the heck is wrong with you; GO AWAY! Geezuz; you're like an STD. Easy to get; but hard to get rid of!! I could care less to sound more mature around a pansy loving dickweed! Go way off in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie!
    Posted by nitemare-38

I'm sure you have personal experience in this subject.

Sections
Shortcuts