My crazy Uncle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

My crazy Uncle

My crazy Uncle swears that Zdeno Chara is one of the worst players in the league.  He HATES Chara.  I generally am quick to argue and reason in most cases but I have completely stopped trying to reason with him.  Literally tonight he came over after the Caps scored the breakaway goal accused him of blowing it and said "I just think the games past him bye".  First of all I wouldn't mind it if someone told me I wasn't the crazy person here, but more tangibly, I wanted to ask if anyone else blames that Goal on Z?  It did seem that the play was on his side and all, but I just chalked it up to team breakdown??  Also does anyone think that there are holes in Z's game in addition to his Norris caliber play, shut down D and ~50 point production??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Re: My crazy Uncle

Tell your Uncle to share whatever it is he has been smokin!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Crazy yes if he thinks Chara is worthless and one .
    On that goal the whole team must be more aware as the Caps love to cherry pick for those type of break outs.
    Ovechkin has been doing it all series and scored today.  Seidenberg most of the time is there but he'll get burned every once in a while . It happens too fast and the player receiving the puck has all the momentum. 
    Most of the time Seidenberg is behind the the cherry picker, Chara was not, he gets most of the blame on that one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to My crazy Uncle:
    [QUOTE]My crazy Uncle swears that Zdeno Chara is one of the worst players in the league.  He HATES Chara.  I generally am quick to argue and reason in most cases but I have completely stopped trying to reason with him.  Literally tonight he came over after the Caps scored the breakaway goal accused him of blowing it and said "I just think the games past him bye".  First of all I wouldn't mind it if someone told me I wasn't the crazy person here, but more tangibly, I wanted to ask if anyone else blames that Goal on Z?  It did seem that the play was on his side and all, but I just chalked it up to team breakdown??  Also does anyone think that there are holes in Z's game in addition to his Norris caliber play, shut down D and ~50 point production??
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    First off, is your uncle a Habs fan ? If so i can understand his hate. If not then i would suggest you uncle doesn't watch too many B's games.As far as holes in a Norris trophy winners game, i would say no one is perfect (except for Bobby Orr) and it is playoff hockey where everything happens very quickly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just show your Uncle Schmedloff what the players think in their NHLPA poll.

Question > Who is the toughest defenceman to play against?

Prev14 of 28Next
    Answer > Zdeno Chara Boston Bruins 61%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Your uncle has alzeimers!!!-lol
    Chara was out of position on the tying goal but came back with the winner!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Your uncle is simply obsessed with Chara, it's a trap you can fall into.  He watches Chara closely and everything he does right is invisible and if he does something wrong that overshadows everything else he does.  And if Chara makes a great play he will disregard it and say it was either lucky or that it wasn't a great play.  Just get him to recognize his behavior.  There is probably truth in what he's saying.  There are certain weaknesses that Chara has.  He is on the slow side and if I looked hard enough I could start to point out where he is weak.  Now I say weaknesses and slow, those only relative.  Like SLOW is Recchi and Chara isn't that slow and like I said his weaknesses are relative.

So sit with him and isolate on Chara.  maybe on a recorded game.  Don't argue with him, that will get you nowhere.  You have to sit and watch and point out the qualities of his game and point out the subtle stuff.  Like what's happening when Chara is covering out in front.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Alright so it seems that I am not Crazy, however I am the one on a Message board laughing with a bunch of Grown men at my Crazy Uncle.  So maybe we're just both crazy!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: My crazy Uncle:
    [QUOTE]Your uncle is simply obsessed with Chara, it's a trap you can fall into.  He watches Chara closely and everything he does right is invisible and if he does something wrong that overshadows everything else he does.  And if Chara makes a great play he will disregard it and say it was either lucky or that it wasn't a great play.  Just get him to recognize his behavior.  There is probably truth in what he's saying.  There are certain weaknesses that Chara has.  He is on the slow side and if I looked hard enough I could start to point out where he is weak.  Now I say weaknesses and slow, those only relative.  Like SLOW is Recchi and Chara isn't that slow and like I said his weaknesses are relative. So sit with him and isolate on Chara.  maybe on a recorded game.  Don't argue with him, that will get you nowhere.  You have to sit and watch and point out the qualities of his game and point out the subtle stuff.  Like what's happening when Chara is covering out in front.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think you make some good points.   On the other hand here is some wisdom I have learned after banging my head against the wall of reason on several occasions.  Some people cannot be reasoned with! 

Bring up Norris Trophies and candidacy, Coach and teamate references to leadership, or quantitative statistics and none matter to this man.  Sometimes, you let a crazy person talk, and you run a sanity check with people who can be reasonable if necesary.  For me it was necesary at the point when he said "I think the game has passed him by!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My crazy Uncle : I think you make some good points.   On the other hand here is some wisdom I have learned after banging my head against the wall of reason on several occasions.  Some people cannot be reasoned with!  Bring up Norris Trophies and candidacy, Coach and teamate references to leadership, or quantitative statistics and none matter to this man.  Sometimes, you let a crazy person talk, and you run a sanity check with people who can be reasonable if necesary.  For me it was necesary at the point when he said "I think the game has passed him by!"
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]
    Ricky, I'm sure you also know some folks who claim Orr wasn't a great D-man because he wasn't good in his own end. I've listened to that foolish argument enough times in my life that I've come to expect just about anything now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My crazy Uncle : Ricky, I'm sure you also know some folks who claim Orr wasn't a great D-man because he wasn't good in his own end. I've listened to that foolish argument enough times in my life that I've come to expect just about anything now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

huh, what?  

I thought he was outstanding in his own end.  

The shots he blocked could make a highlight reel that would surpass the rest of the nhl combined.

I wonder if anyone has a stat on that - shots plucked off the goal line and blocked in the crease that were certain goals, plus that dropping to both knees to block slapshots - he couldn't do that one anymore after his knees went tho.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My crazy Uncle : huh, what?   I thought he was outstanding in his own end.   The shots he blocked could make a highlight reel that would surpass the rest of the nhl combined. I wonder if anyone has a stat on that - shots plucked off the goal line and blocked in the crease that were certain goals, plus that dropping to both knees to block slapshots - he couldn't do that one anymore after his knees went tho.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    That is the point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My crazy Uncle : Ricky, I'm sure you also know some folks who claim Orr wasn't a great D-man because he wasn't good in his own end. I've listened to that foolish argument enough times in my life that I've come to expect just about anything now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

and Don Cherry says he was as tough as nails.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My crazy Uncle : and Don Cherry says he was as tough as nails.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    It says a lot that he finished his career with more PIMs than points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

What's a family without a crazy uncle every family needs one. I am a great uncle just imagine what i will be like when I am older. I am 49 and already done some crazy stuff and complain about all my sports. I just call it Pen... is Male Sydrome the male version on PMS. This is what happens when we start collecting cob webs around our private area.

Sections
Shortcuts