My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end

In Response to My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end:
    [QUOTE]Exactly what I was thinking.  No kidding.  I was fantasizing about my opposite number Hab fan sitting in some bar in some Montreal suburb all smug and saying, "just wait, the Habs will come back."  And I was thinking, "o yah pal?  Those days of Lafleur are gone, that was then, this is now."  And I thought that nothing I would say would change that smug attitude. Then Ryder took a penalty and I was thinking this is not good.  Not good at all.  And I started thinking about how I could use the penalty in another one of my Ryder hate rants. And I took it as an omen when Chara almost got the empty netter. Then I was thinking Wheeler just killed a chance for the win, it will go to the shootout and I was wondering what move I'd see Tyler Seguin use. I was right, that was then and this is now.  My opposite number in Sherbrooke is wrong.  It's not the Habs of 1979.  A last minute Bruins collapse isn't inevitable, it just so happened that it was last night and it was the Habs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I'll still be more than happy if Boston draws the Habs as a play-off matchup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Pee came out a little bit. Thank you BadHab that was an excellent morning coffee read!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end:
    [QUOTE]In Response to My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : I'll still be more than happy if Boston draws the Habs as a play-off matchup.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I was just talking with a close friend last night about this. I told  her with all the crap luck the Habs have had against the B's in the regular season I truly believe that Boston would run a train on them in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : I'll still be more than happy if Boston draws the Habs as a play-off matchup.
    Of course you would, HAB FAN!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I don't know dezaruchi. I don't feel Montreal is a good matchup for the Bruins. The Canadians speed & smaller forwards have a tendency to give the Bruins slower Dmen fits. The Bruins lack of a transition game along with the Canadian`s speed on the forecheck is not a good matchup in the playoffs unless the Bs somehow get a couple of speedy PMD back there & the Bs forecheck aggressively for the full game as opposed to getting a lead & going into a prevent defence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

Kinda kills the cliche that you have to play for 60 minutes. Just 2 or 3 against my Bruins is enough. Pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : I don't know dezaruchi. I don't feel Montreal is a good matchup for the Bruins. The Canadians speed & smaller forwards have a tendency to give the Bruins slower Dmen fits. The Bruins lack of a transition game along with the Canadian`s speed on the forecheck is not a good matchup in the playoffs unless the Bs somehow get a couple of speedy PMD back there & the Bs forecheck aggressively for the full game as opposed to getting a lead & going into a prevent defence.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    This team looks similar to the Hab squad that was swept the last time they met.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]hey sherlock, what would be the difference if humpty dumpty is still behined the bench and playing constantly playing defensive positional hockey with all five players constantly 10' from their own net. You could put gretzky, orr, howe, lemiux and yzerman playing in the prime under the humpty dumpty defensive style and the team would fail In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end :
    Posted by Taz2424[/QUOTE]
    Another quality post my trollish friend.Any luck finding another friend or is it just me?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : This team looks similar to the Hab squad that was swept the last time they met.

The Habs team this year is faster, more skilled, and plays as a unit. The Bruins, on the other hand, look nothing like the squad that swept them.

A lot of time before the postseason for things to change, but right now, the Bruins would likely struggle with Montreal in a 7 game series. They've won what, one out of the last 9 with the Habs? I know people attribute that to luck and officiating, but that just isn't the case.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He might be what you consider to be a troll...but at least he's not wrong, and at least he's got the guts to say what he believes. And let's be clear ... you and your buddy are on record as Claude Julien supporters and defenders.
    Let's see how it all works out...and we'll find out who the real trolls are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : The Habs team this year is faster, more skilled, and plays as a unit. The Bruins, on the other hand, look nothing like the squad that swept them. A lot of time before the postseason for things to change, but right now, the Bruins would likely struggle with Montreal in a 7 game series. They've won what, one out of the last 9 with the Habs? I know people attribute that to luck and officiating, but that just isn't the case.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    I put no weight in regular season numbers.Play-off time comes and everything's out the window.That team that swept you guys included Ward,Wideman,Hnidy,Yelle and Axellson to name a few.The only truly significant player that wasn't nicely replaced is Kessel and I refuse to believe he made THAT big a difference.Gloat all you want today.You deserve it but if I were a Habs fan I'd be uncomfortable with the fact we got dominated for 57 minutes last night(regardless of what Bob Cole thought).Hope to see you guys in the playoffs and you can remind me of this conversation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He might be what you consider to be a troll...but at least he's not wrong, and at least he's got the guts to say what he believes. And let's be clear ... you and your buddy are on record as Claude Julien supporters and defenders. Let's see how it all works out...and we'll find out who the real trolls are.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    No Taz is a quality poster.I'm beginning to respect his opinion more than yours.What's with you bashing CJ?I thought you two were soul-mates because you both said Seguin was "comfortable".Pick a side or just keep bitching about everything.Whatever turns your crank....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He might be what you consider to be a troll...but at least he's not wrong, and at least he's got the guts to say what he believes. And let's be clear ... you and your buddy are on record as Claude Julien supporters and defenders. Let's see how it all works out...and we'll find out who the real trolls are.
    Real gutsy to troll a Bruins forum.You and he are a couple of real gamers.If Boston could suit up players with your courage they'd be unbeatable.Hope you can read this through the tears you baby.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Not gloating at all, Dez, just pointing out reality...and while some of the personnel are the same, many aren't playing at the level they were 2 years ago. Face it: The Bruins have not looked like the powerhouse team that won the Northeast division in 2009 since Game 1 of the Carolina series. They didn't at all last year, and they sure don't now.

Adding to this is that Montreal is no great team, and that should be even more worrying. All I'm saying is that I don't know how you dismiss losing 8 of 9 to one team and dismiss it as fluky--regardless of who the team is. I don't consider Montreal to be very good right now, outside of goal. They're scrappy and they battle, but this is a patchwork team on defense and a team that is very limited offensively. Yet they beat Boston 8 of 9...to me, that is one of the several things that makes me believe that Boston is light years away from being the Stanley Cup contender that many insisited they were going to be.

Now, that can change for the Bruins (and even the Habs) and turn around significantly in 4 months (see also: Penguins, 2009). But right now, the loss last night just highlights that the Bruins aren't close to being the team their fans were hoping for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

No offense Dez, but your crazy on this one,

This Habs team is nothing like the 08-09 habs.

The core of that team was Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek, Plekanec, both Kostitsyns, Markov, bad Carey Price, maybe even latendresse

The core of the current Habs team is: Good Carey price, Gomez, Gionta, gill, Subban, Cammaleri, only one kostitsyn, plecanec

I think come playoff time, we match up horrible with Montreal, combine this season and last season, the Bruins are 1-5-3 against montreal. As newfie pointed out, there small speedy pesky style of forwards would give the Bruins d fits. Montreal is a team that capitalizes off turnovers and forchecks hard, something that has exposed the Bruins in the last two playoffs.

Out of all the top guns in the east, believe or not I think we match up the best with Pittsburgh

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Not gloating at all, Dez, just pointing out reality...and while some of the personnel are the same, many aren't playing at the level they were 2 years ago. Face it: The Bruins have not looked like the powerhouse team that won the Northeast division in 2009 since Game 1 of the Carolina series. They didn't at all last year, and they sure don't now. Adding to this is that Montreal is no great team, and that should be even more worrying. All I'm saying is that I don't know how you dismiss losing 8 of 9 to one team and dismiss it as fluky--regardless of who the team is. I don't consider Montreal to be very good right now, outside of goal. They're scrappy and they battle, but this is a patchwork team on defense and a team that is very limited offensively. Yet they beat Boston 8 of 9...to me, that shows that Boston is light years away from being the Stanley Cup contender that many insisited they were going to be. Now, that can change in 4 months (see also: Penguins, 2009). But right now, the loss last night just highlights that the Bruins aren't close to being the team their fans were hoping for.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    I never said anything about the streak being fluky.I said it doesn't mean alot to me coming into a 7 game series.And to say Boston is light years away is a somewhat of a backhanded compliment.Boston,by everyone's standards,hasn't had more than 3 good games(60 min.efforts)all year yet they still manage to top the division.Imagine how well they might do if they finally gel.With what you see as weakness,I see potential.Seguin will only get better and,like Montreal there are still injury issues that should eventually go away(Stuart,Horton,Boychuk?).The wild card is whether or not Savard becomes Savard again.Despite last night's collapse,the goaltending is strong so I feel,if nothing else,that most of the pieces are in place.Lot's of prospects to trade in order to acquire a decent return if the right deal is out there so it's not likely this is the exact lineup we'll be seeing a month from now.Hopefully it'll be improvements.Where some figure Boston needs an overhaul,I think just a few minor tweaks can turn them from a 1st place team to a......well I guess a better 1st place team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Just root for the cup winners every year , this way you'll be happy with the coaching. One coach wins the cup , 29 don't. I'm on record as saying let Julien coach out the year and then make a decision on him. Does that make me a troll ? No, it makes you look .........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No offense Dez, but your crazy on this one, This Habs team is nothing like the 08-09 habs. The core of that team was Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek, Plekanec, both Kostitsyns, Markov, bad Carey Price, maybe even latendresse The core of the current Habs team is: Good Carey price, Gomez, Gionta, gill, Subban, Cammaleri, only one kostitsyn, plecanec I think come playoff time, we match up horrible with Montreal, combine this season and last season, the Bruins are 1-5-3 against montreal. As newfie pointed out, there small speedy pesky style of forwards would give the Bruins d fits. Montreal is a team that capitalizes off turnovers and forchecks hard, something that has exposed the Bruins in the last two playoffs. Out of all the top guns in the east, believe or not I think we match up the best with Pittsburgh
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]
    I do say crazy things sometimes but I think a 7 game series is totally different.If  Boston played a physical game(a must)they could wear Montreal down over the course of the series.We'll see in a few months provided both teams make it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'd give the Canadians a 50/50 chance against the Bruins, with it's current lineup , in a 7 game series even with the injuries to Montreal's defense because everytime the Bruins would go up 2 goals Julien would get out coached by Martin who knows Claude's ways as did Laviolette and Maurice did.

Wheeler and Ryder are allowed to get away with glaring mistakes like last night with no repercussions but when the CBC camera would pan to Seguin Julien would be scolding young Tyler. When the Bruins get a personnel shakeup then I'll trust them in the last 4 minutes until then Brian Gionta gets to laugh in Chara's face.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I'd give the Canadians a 50/50 chance against the Bruins, with it's current lineup , in a 7 game series even with the injuries to Montreal's defense because everytime the Bruins would go up 2 goals Julien would get out coached by Martin who knows Claude's ways as did Laviolette and Maurice did. Wheeler and Ryder are allowed to get away with glaring mistakes like last night with no repercussions but when the CBC camera would pan to Seguin Julien would be scolding young Tyler. When the Bruins get a personnel shakeup then I'll trust them in the last 4 minutes until then Brian Gionta gets to laugh in Chara's face.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Sandog, I caught that too....but Seguin didn't look too impressed with Claude yelling in his ear. I wonder if Claudes boy wonder got a tongue lashing for taking that lazy penalty that led to montreal scoring on pp. Claude is looking more and more like the cancer on this team. We are probably stuck with this clown, due to the nice fat contract Santa Clause recently gave him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

The Habs were there for the taking last night. They did not come out and buzz around our end for the first ten minutes. We can't say we came out flat, we had them. Yes a huge let down. So we must move on say we got a point. The rest of this week will tell us a lot about our team.

Go B's   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : Real gutsy to troll a Bruins forum.You and he are a couple of real gamers.If Boston could suit up players with your courage they'd be unbeatable.Hope you can read this through the tears you baby.

Duz...you and your boy can say anything you want, but at least I'm not wrong.
    You think CJ is the coach to lead Boston to the cup, we'll see how much you know.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: My exact thoughts 4 minutes left until the end : Duz...you and your boy can say anything you want, but at least I'm not wrong. You think CJ is the coach to lead Boston to the cup, we'll see how much you know.
    What happened to your elation at CJ agreeing with you that Seguin was comfortable?Care to comment?Have you read a post by me where I said CJ was the guy to coach us to a Stanley Cup?I post alot when I'm drinking but I truly don't remember saying that.Sorry for any confusion.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]I'd give the Canadians a 50/50 chance against the Bruins, with it's current lineup , in a 7 game series even with the injuries to Montreal's defense because everytime the Bruins would go up 2 goals Julien would get out coached by Martin who knows Claude's ways as did Laviolette and Maurice did. Wheeler and Ryder are allowed to get away with glaring mistakes like last night with no repercussions but when the CBC camera would pan to Seguin Julien would be scolding young Tyler. When the Bruins get a personnel shakeup then I'll trust them in the last 4 minutes until then Brian Gionta gets to laugh in Chara's face.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sorry but Martin is just an older version of Cj, he made Ott the most boring team to ever lace on a pair of skates and that was with Chara, Heat Spez and Alffy all on the team.  He has always found a way to lose as well.

Mon will lose in first round if they make the playoffs this year. They may be able to beat Bos but they will not slide thru this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I sure wouldn't.....and if you are a fan of this team, like you say you are.....you couldn't possibly want that match up either. History has a tendency of repeating itself.....never more true, then when these 2 teams lineup against each other. Winning is contagious.......so is losing. I had the displeasure of watching the habs beat the 2 top teams in the east last year in the playoffs , with virtually the same lineup they have now. Look at Cary Price's record against us.....12-2....no more needs to be said.

Sections
Shortcuts