My First Game !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

My First Game !

I'm so excited, I'm about to piss myself ( clean-up aisle 3 ! ). I wasn't able to watch the Leaf / Bruin game last Saturday and my cable provider has informed me that because of my living in the boonies, the NHL package is not available because we lack the technical support. So this is my first game of the season !  

Habs / Bruins !   I get to see Rask !   I get to see Hamilton ( honestly what I saw at the WJH, made me doubt him sticking, glad to be wrong ). I get to see MacDermid whom I've never seen play. And I may see Spooner play if Marchand is not ready ( all though I love seeing Marchand play anytime).

And I'm really hoping the Bruins bring their A game tomorrow and show all us Bruin fans a good ole Habs beating ....Go Bruins Go !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: My First Game !

Good for you, Stuke. All the best.

Keep an eye out on Spooner, he grew up a Habs fans. Make sure his colours are completely changed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Can you get Center Ice on the computer? That might be an option, depending on your internet speeds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

NHL Gamecenter Live is awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Ya that's what I meant, thanks Dez.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Time to kick some schab butt. 

Go Bruins Go. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Welcome aboard the B train, Stuke.

dez, lambda - I've never bothered with the NHL gamecentre package, but at 50 bucks for the season, I might have to think about it.  Much better that than the ridiculous Rogers package that forces me to take a whole suite of sports packs to get the hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

dez, lambda - I've never bothered with the NHL gamecentre package, but at 50 bucks for the season, I might have to think about it.  Much better that than the ridiculous Rogers package that forces me to take a whole suite of sports packs to get the hockey.

Book, I love that you can watch multiple games (up to 4 at once) with picture in picture and you also get access to replays of full or condensed games. It's even better than I anticipated.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I cannot stand Rogers, it goes way back to 1995 when they decided to carry WTBS and WGN and not WSBK (who were carrying the Bruin road games at the time).

They do everything to maximize revenue and profit - they don't give a crap about you.
    That's why my son has shares in them. I wouldn't want them even if they were gifted to me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

With gamecenter live, just be wary of blackouts.  I don't know how it is north of the border, but here NHLN games are considered national, I think I counted about 20 Bruins games that would be blacked-out for me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Book, I love that you can watch multiple games (up to 4 at once) with picture in picture and you also get access to replays of full or condensed games. It's even better than I anticipated.

I'm trying Gamecenter this year due to the price.  Not impressed with a few things.  You have to sign in every time on every device.  If you are watching a game in progress,  and try to seek through the intermission or stoppages they show little red dots on the timeline where goals are scored, meaning you know how many goals are scored and when.  Can't find a way to turn that off.  Lastly, the quality varies as to the app your using.  Works great on my PC, OK on my phone, but is brutal on my Boxeebox.  Grainy quality, and buffers continuously.  Also on that app you can't fast forward or rewind.  Not sure who develops the apps but quality control across formats isn't there.  Next year it will be Center Ice and a PVR for me. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

I'm trying Gamecenter this year due to the price.  Not impressed with a few things.  You have to sign in every time on every device.  If you are watching a game in progress,  and try to seek through the intermission or stoppages they show little red dots on the timeline where goals are scored, meaning you know how many goals are scored and when.  Can't find a way to turn that off.  Lastly, the quality varies as to the app your using.  Works great on my PC, OK on my phone, but is brutal on my Boxeebox.  Grainy quality, and buffers continuously.  Also on that app you can't fast forward or rewind.  Not sure who develops the apps but quality control across formats isn't there.  Next year it will be Center Ice and a PVR for me. 

Actually Scooter, I've only used it on my laptop so far and I've really enjoyed it. No issues for me yet but I've no doubt some are there. I really like watching the condensed version of other games and the price was right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In response to scooter244's comment:

Actually Scooter, I've only used it on my laptop so far and I've really enjoyed it. No issues for me yet but I've no doubt some are there. I really like watching the condensed version of other games and the price was right.

To be clear, there are some things I really like as well. The vault is cool, and portability is nice.   I guess in an ideal world I'd have both. 

Sections
Shortcuts