My hope

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My hope

So I'm looking ahead one series - hoping for a particular final. Who knows if it will happen as one club may not even make it out of this round yet, but I am now praying for a Red Wings Bruins final.

Why?

Because of the division change next year - been a long time since the Bruins and Wings played each other on a frequent basis. Now they'll be facing each other 5-6 times a year in the regular season. Imagine the INSTANT rivalry that would create next year if it came on the heels of a hard fought final.

At this point, it's just wishful thinking, but it would have the potential to add a lot of excitement to the regular season and the divisional playoffs going forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: My hope

I would love this as well.  Datsyuk is my favorite player in the league outside of boston. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I actually envisioned it a Bs  Hawks final,  but in all honesty i like that matchup red, detroit is a classy organization and another original 6.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the winner of the SJ/LA series will be earier to beat than either Chicago or Detroit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think the winner of the SJ/LA series will be earier to beat than either Chicago or Detroit.

I think the opposite.  I think la-sj winner will advance to cup.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

For me LA is the scariest team in the west, followed by chicago, then detroit, then SJ

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree with this and as far as Det/Chi goes i think the Hawks got their mojo back, i think that it will go 7 games and the Hawks pull it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sj for all the heat they take have played great.  They are big fast and skilled.  They look good.  LA is my pick to win the cup.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Sj for all the heat they take have played great.  They are big fast and skilled.  They look good.  LA is my pick to win the cup.  

The B's will beat LA in the final, 7 games OT, "King" Krug with the winner off a feed from Seguin, rocket from the point, top corner, where Momma hides the peanut butter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The B's will beat LA in the final, 7 games OT, "King" Krug with the winner off a feed from Seguin, rocket from the point, top corner, where Momma hides the peanut butter.

I want the bruins to beat pitt so badly.  i have a bunch of friends who are pens fans.  They think their team and most important Cooke are the class of the league.   they argue that cooke is an honest player.  Drives me nuts.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I want the bruins to beat pitt so badly.  i have a bunch of friends who are pens fans.  They think their team and most important Cooke are the class of the league.   they argue that cooke is an honest player.  Drives me nuts.  

And I thought Canuck fans were delusional.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

I want the bruins to beat pitt so badly.  i have a bunch of friends who are pens fans.  They think their team and most important Cooke are the class of the league.   they argue that cooke is an honest player.  Drives me nuts.  

And I thought Canuck fans were delusional.

Red.  I wanna fight them.  they think the bruins are bullies that the league favors.  Again, i wanna fight them.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm happy that the B's have the chance to be dragonslayers once again.  I don't care who is in the way!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I would love this as well.  Datsyuk is my favorite player in the league outside of boston. 

Ditto! But, I really want to see an LA/Bos final. Can you imagine how many hits per game there'll be? It'll be like 2 locomotives on a collison course! Both teams thrive on the physical part of the game. Every single person who touches the puck will skate away with a lump. I hate looking too far ahead, but this will be a matchup like we've never seen since 74'. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Ditto! But, I really want to see an LA/Bos final. Can you imagine how many hits per game there'll be? It'll be like 2 locomotives on a collison course! Both teams thrive on the physical part of the game. Every single person who touches the puck will skate away with a lump. I hate looking too far ahead, but this will be a matchup like we've never seen since 74'. 

You should know by now Nite, you don't do that on this board. ;-p

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nite, the kings make the bruins look like a non hitting team.  50+ and 42 hits the last 2 gms.  Thats insane.  I dont find boston as nasty or as physical as in years past.  They are playing smarter and producing wins.  i think the nasty has to come out to win the next 8 gms.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nite, the kings make the bruins look like a non hitting team.  50+ and 42 hits the last 2 gms.  Thats insane.  I dont find boston as nasty or as physical as in years past.  They are playing smarter and producing wins.  i think the nasty has to come out to win the next 8 gms.  

Shupe, the Kings average less than two hits per game more than Boston. That's barely noticeable to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Having watched this past season, who thought the Bruins, based on their performances in many games, would get this far ? Don't look at just the talent, look at the many sluggish performances. Having brought this up, I am delighted that they have come alive, but they will need to take it one game at a time. I thought that the Bruins were close to beating the Pens, during the season, but the Pens had a lucky result, and Seguin's shot ran across not over the goal line.  The Pens added some peices that are applauded by most, BUT[ there's that word again] Claude figured out how to get as much as he can from Jagr, and now, Claude needs to determine how to smash mouth Iginla who didn't want to play in Boston. Let's wipe the anticipation off of these " mighty" Penguins with Bruins hockey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Great thread red. Wings or Hawks, I'm happy with either as long they're playing the Bs in the final. But you know, in recent years I have actually come to hate the Penguins more than the Habs. Can't help myself. Does this make me a hater traitor?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Having watched this past season, who thought the Bruins, based on their performances in many games, would get this far ? Don't look at just the talent, look at the many sluggish performances. Having brought this up, I am delighted that they have come alive, but they will need to take it one game at a time. I thought that the Bruins were close to beating the Pens, during the season, but the Pens had a lucky result, and Seguin's shot ran across not over the goal line.  The Pens added some peices that are applauded by most, BUT[ there's that word again] Claude figured out how to get as much as he can from Jagr, and now, Claude needs to determine how to smash mouth Iginla who didn't want to play in Boston. Let's wipe the anticipation off of these " mighty" Penguins with Bruins hockey.

Many posters expected it actually Bogie. Myself and others said many times that a healthy Bruins team is built to win a 7 game series. I was never too caught up in worrying about losing regular season games when the playoffs were a lock. Clearly, we can all now see that those mid season losses had little to no affect on the big picture. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Bogie, there's been a few of us saying all season, including when they were slumping, that they'd make at least the ECF, myself being among them. Just glad I was right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Do you think when the Kings are hitting like this that the B's will wilt, or come back just as hard? I'll bet 50-1 it's the latter & over all the Kings maybe a little heavier, but I don't think anyone on the Kings can match Lucic when he gets going. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Great thread red. Wings or Hawks, I'm happy with either as long they're playing the Bs in the final. But you know, in recent years I have actually come to hate the Penguins more than the Habs. Can't help myself. Does this make me a hater traitor?

With Pierre Mcquire doing the series & having a constant stiffy over the Pens I think they'll be a lot more of us joining you. I hope the 1030 feed is ahead of the play, not behind it. I won't be able to listen to this guy's gag reflex thru-out the series. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nite, can you get the CBC feed? I figure with it being Pens and Bruins, their coverage may be more balanced, especially with Don being part of the coverage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

I hvae been saying since the start of the year that I would be happy if they made the ECF.  That being said once they are there you are never satisfied with a loss.  As far as the finals goes Det/Bos would be great.  Here's to dismantling the Pens first!

Sections
Shortcuts