My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise)

I was just perusing Spectors Hockey site to read up on the latest rumors and came across this little gem of a response posted by a Leafs fan in response to a rumor the Leafs were going after some front line talent. It sure brought back memories.
    DLS   |  Sunday, 02 October 2011 at 10:10 pm

I agree with the previous posting. It’s all a bunch of crap at this point. 6 centers (none of which are a first liners) is to many as it is.
    I think the Kessel trade has been our achilies heal and will be for a long time only for the fact that Kessel is and always will be a fringe goal scorer. He will never lead, take the body, never dig for the puck, stand in front or get in the goalies face which are all the things Burke looks for in a player. I have to believe Burke didn’t do a lot of research before making this trade and must have trusted his scouts to much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise)

Totally disagree with everything said there. Everyone and their mommy knows exactly what Kessel is. A "fringe" scorer is not one of them..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise):
    I was just perusing Spectors Hockey site to read up on the latest rumors and came across this little gem of a response posted by a Leafs fan in response to a rumor the Leafs were going after some front line talent. It sure brought back memories. DLS   |  Sunday, 02 October 2011 at 10:10 pm I agree with the previous posting. It’s all a bunch of crap at this point. 6 centers (none of which are a first liners) is to many as it is. I think the Kessel trade has been our achilies heal and will be for a long time only for the fact that Kessel is and always will be a fringe goal scorer. He will never lead, take the body, never dig for the puck, stand in front or get in the goalies face which are all the things Burke looks for in a player. I have to believe Burke didn’t do a lot of research before making this trade and must have trusted his scouts to much.
    Posted by dezaruchi
    It sure did bring back (bad) memories. What a bad trade for Toronto, even if you just count Seguin straight up. Thats my take on it anyway. Kessel is a streaky scorer with no drive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise):
    Totally disagree with everything said there. Everyone and their mommy knows exactly what Kessel is. A "fringe" scorer is not one of them..
    Posted by kelvana33

So you think Kessel is one to take the body, park himself in front, and get in people's faces? I didn't see that in his game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Posted by kelvana33

I don't recall Kessel scoring many goals from the "greasy" areas, as they say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Maybe Burke saw alot of Recchi in Kessel's game?  The fact of the matter Burke misjudged on Toronto's play the past couple years.  Now do not look to further than the Red Sox for poor decision making and over estimating the potential of a team.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise) : I don't recall Kessel scoring many goals from the "greasy" areas, as they say.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I don't recall Kessel scoring ANY goals from the "greasy" areas.

Kelvana has some bizarre tastes, Phaneuf being another one of them, he's yet to explain to me why.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise) : So you think Kessel is one to take the body, park himself in front, and get in people's faces? I didn't see that in his game.
    Posted by dezaruchi
    I'm not a Kessel basher....but once in awhile I can't resist. 2 words.................SOFT TOUCH

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise) : I don't recall Kessel scoring many goals from the "greasy" areas, as they say.
    Posted by 50belowzero

I remember him burying wrist shots from the slot and schooling defenders 1 on 1 then smoking the goalie...He has his faults, and we know thats all everyone here sees now that he wears different laundry but he is a gifted goal scorer with speed to burn...speed in the "greasy" areas is wasted speed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Scotty Laughlin, the Leafs media, Brian Burke can spin "the trade" anyway they want to but Phil Kessel is one dimensional and that is why the Pill texted Savard not to sign an extension with Boston he needed Marc because Phillaparazi knows he's only as good as his center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise) : I remember him burying wrist shots from the slot and schooling defenders 1 on 1 then smoking the goalie...He has his faults, and we know thats all everyone here sees now that he wears different laundry but he is a gifted goal scorer with speed to burn...speed in the "greasy" areas is wasted speed.
    Posted by kelvana33

Having speed and using it to go only in one direction is also wasted speed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Whos Phil Kessel?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Kessel scores some pretty goals because he has speed and a good shot but he has not developed his game much over 5 seasons.  You already see what Seguin has done in 1 year, learning to be more responsible defensively, and in the pre-season there have been signs that now that he is stronger he will go to the greasy areas (even though he has speed).  Speed is not a reason to avoid going to the greasy areas.  You may not have to go there as often but you need to get there or you are a player playing on the fringe.  It is like a perimeter shooter in basketball who will never take the ball to the paint.  Kessel has skill no doubt but he is not a team player plain and simple.  It is all about Phil.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

WHAT PHIL KESSEL IS BACK ON THE BRUINS? no, oh thank God (closes thread).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Well, if they placed a donut on top of the opposing goal, Phil Kessel would score 60 goals next season.Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

WHAT PHIL KESSEL IS BACK ON THE BRUINS? no, oh thank God (closes thread).
    Posted by callodthedom19

amen to that...it's like continually bringing up an ex-girlfriends name who dumped you- years after the fact. we must all move on. it seems pathetic to keep bringing his name up. he leaves(PK), then the bruins win a cup! it's not like he WANTED to play in boston, he didn't! we should pay him no more attention. good luck in toronto phil, you missed the boat in boston, along with a chance to hoist the cup. your loss not ours.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Kessel is gone. PC has done well with the trade. Seguin is going to be somehting very special for the Bruins for years to come. I give my thanks to Phil for not wanting to work hard and become a great player he will probably never be. He did not fit the Bruins intensity, drive, and tenacity for being a team. And that OK because look where we are today, Defending Cup Champions. So again Thanks Phil for being a little one dimensional, weak, goal scoring bisnitch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Kessel is gone. PC has done well with the trade. Seguin is going to be somehting very special for the Bruins for years to come. I give my thanks to Phil for not wanting to work hard and become a great player he will probably never be. He did not fit the Bruins intensity, drive, and tenacity for being a team. And that OK because look where we are today, Defending Cup Champions. So again Thanks Phil for being a little one dimensional, weak, goal scoring bisnitch.
    Posted by ddd112273

yep...what you said too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

it's like continually bringing up an ex-girlfriends name who dumped you- years after the fact.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

...and then you see her a few years later and it looks like she's been hitting the meth pipe, hard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise) : amen to that...it's like continually bringing up an ex-girlfriends name who dumped you- years after the fact. we must all move on. it seems pathetic to keep bringing his name up. he leaves(PK), then the bruins win a cup! it's not like he WANTED to play in boston, he didn't! we should pay him no more attention. good luck in toronto phil, you missed the boat in boston, along with a chance to hoist the cup. your loss not ours.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Don't know if I agree with you on this one adk. Bringing up Kessel's name reminds me of how this team was built with the cap space to bring in Horton and others to  win the cup. Add to that the present girlfriends ( Seguin , Knight and Hamilton ) are much better looking then the girlfriend with all the warts ( Kessel ) that the B's parted ways with. For me , it's worth talking about him every time as a reminder .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: My Last Kessel Thread( I Promise) : Don't know if I agree with you on this one adk. Bringing up Kessel's name reminds me of how this team was built with the cap space to bring in Horton and others to  win the cup. Add to that the present girlfriends ( Seguin , Knight and Hamilton ) are much better looking then the girlfriend with all the warts ( Kessel ) that the B's parted ways with. For me , it's worth talking about him every time as a reminder .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Thanks for so eloquently stating my intentions Chowdah.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

chowda...it just seems a bit obsessive that's all. it's like 3 years later we all need to re-convince ourselves that his departure was a good idea. it was. period. the guy did not want to play any longer in boston. he's no longer here, i'm happy!    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

chowda...it just seems a bit obsessive that's all. it's like 3 years later we all need to re-convince ourselves that his departure was a good idea. it was. period. the guy did not want to play any longer in boston. he's no longer here, i'm happy!    
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Reading that Leafs fans are currently unhappy makes me even happier.
    shedenfreude!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

agreed...it's just the icing on the cake, you know, a win/win. hope the bruins could extend the same courtesy to the team in montreal! although, i don't know who would be the first ones i would want gone from this team. i like the make-up... i mean heck, it's pretty much the same team that won a cup 3 months ago.

Sections
Shortcuts