My local pub deserves props

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

My local pub deserves props

I wore my Schmidt jersey out tonight. I was amongst friends - folks who love me though we cheer for different teams. 4 minutes left a Canucks fan poured a full pint, quickly, on my head. I never even spoke to this person - it was a drive by from someone I'd never see before. (and he was extraordinarily drunk)

5 friends (All Canucks fans) and two bartenders laid down a beating. VPD sshowed up and they tossed the guy in the tank. (I have to go by tomorrow for a statement after a preliminary one tonight)

I like to bug Van, but this is a good town overall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: My local pub deserves props

In response to red75's comment:

I wore my Schmidt jersey out tonight. I was amongst friends - folks who love me though we cheer for different teams. 4 minutes left a Canucks fan poured a full pint, quickly, on my head. I never even spoke to this person - it was a drive by from someone I'd never see before. (and he was extraordinarily drunk )

5 friends (All Canucks fans) and two bartenders laid down a beating (- well maybe not a beating as much as a defence). VPD sshowed up and they tossed the guy in the tank. (I have to go by tomorrow for a statement after a preliminary one tonight)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

why is that a double post? grr I meant it to be an edit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I really don't care that you got a pint dumped on your head but you were wearing a Schmidt sweater and I can't tolerate disrespect for my buddy Milt. Throw the book at him! Disrespect for a great guy and a legend not to mention a waste of a perfectly good brew.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I wore my Schmidt jersey out tonight. I was amongst friends - folks who love me though we cheer for different teams. 4 minutes left a Canucks fan poured a full pint, quickly, on my head. I never even spoke to this person - it was a drive by from someone I'd never see before. (and he was extraordinarily drunk)

5 friends (All Canucks fans) and two bartenders laid down a beating. VPD sshowed up and they tossed the guy in the tank. (I have to go by tomorrow for a statement after a preliminary one tonight)

Sorry to hear that happened to you, red.  Clearly this one guy was a meathead.  It was good to read he got some, ahem, attention from your friends and the bartenders followed by some lodgings courtesy of the cops.  Cheers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

That's too bad red, but the fact that they won hopefully made it more tolerable.  People do stupid things when they're drunk, I'm just glad it wasn't a more malicious act. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  Wearing a B's jersey out in Vancouver during the playoffs is sort of asking for trouble.

2.  Who pours a beer on someone else's head?  Canadians are weird.

3.  Seven guys beat up one?  Now, that's Vancouver for you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Wearing a B's jersey out in Vancouver during the playoffs is sort of asking for trouble.

LMAO

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Didn't this happen to you at a game too?  Total BS.  I can't imagine just dumping a beer on someone's head, especially without expecting an immediate face-punching, which it sounds like he got.  

Milt Schmidt would've punched this guy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This is twice now. Are you telling me you were sitting quitely ? Weren't talking any smack at all ?

I'm not saying that anyone deserves beer poored over there head, especially when a dweeb does it to a woman. You just don't seem like the type that isn't afraid of speaking up about her favorite sports teams while having a beer.

PS. The reason I mention this is because I almost had my A** handed to me becuase a girlfriend of mine wouldn't shut up about her Giants to a bunch of Niner fans last week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This is twice now. Are you telling me you were sitting quitely ? Weren't talking any smack at all ?

I'm not saying that anyone deserves beer poored over there head, especially when a dweeb does it to a woman. You just don't seem like the type that isn't afraid of speaking up about her favorite sports teams while having a beer.

PS. The reason I mention this is because I almost had my A** handed to me becuase a girlfriend of mine wouldn't shut up about her Giants to a bunch of Niner fans last week.

Well the first time I was at a game - wasn't sitting quiettly obviously. Didn't deserve it at all, but yes, I can be annoying, This time was different in that I had my head in a text and was sober and hadn't said a peep other than the occassional cheer (not by choice - went on antibiotics yesterday) . The point of the story was more about good friends and a contrast in Canuckleheads. There are still some real idiots here who will never get over it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just stating that losers like the ones that poor beers on womens heads are looking for excuses but you know this already. By the way nail that losers a** in you statement!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well the first time I was at a game - wasn't sitting quiettly obviously. Didn't deserve it at all, but yes, I can be annoying, This time was different in that I had my head in a text and was sober and hadn't said a peep other than the occassional cheer (not by choice - went on antibiotics yesterday) . The point of the story was more about good friends and a contrast in Canuckleheads. There are still some real idiots here who will never get over it.

So you actually met null then?

A low life who dumps a beer on someone deserves a beating.

If the situation were resversed in some other world I would have cracked the guy who dumped a beer on the guy wearing a Macki Canucks jersery.  (why is ma ki a banned word?)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

NAS, she didn't say that it was 7 guys that took care of that drunk...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Total waste of a beer.

Sorry that it happened to you, Red.  At least you can take solace in the fact that the Bruins' season is still going and that the Canucks' is long over.  :)

#BOSTONSTRONG

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

NAS, she didn't say that it was 7 guysthat took care of that drunk...

One guy, actually

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

red, what rationale have you heard, if any, that explains why some there can't let it go?  Is it lingering bitterness over their belief the Canucks were the better team? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The ones who can't let it go HONESTLY believe it was fixed. Seriously. They won't accept because they think the Bruins cheated and bribed the Cup away from Vancouver. I've heard people who honestly think the 2011 Bruins belong in the same category as the Chicago Black Sox. No reasoning will change this opinion. They are as set in their paranoia and conspiracy as those nutjobs who think Elvis is alive or that 911 was an inside job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In the old Garden I saw many bad things occur involving food, drink then fists. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And we thought NAS was Shawn Thornton.

Your cover is blown Red!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/12/thornton-on-canucks-i-got-jumped-by-seven-guys/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Thats too bad Red. I am from Vancouver as well and have found the Vancouver fans tolerable since the Canucks were eliminated.  I wear my Marchand jersey around and get the occasional heckling bit not too bad this year.  I walked down Granville street wearing my jersey and nobody said a word. If Canucks were still alive it would have been a different story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

You should submit a Jack Edwards-esque soliloquy as your statement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

The ones who can't let it go HONESTLY believe it was fixed. Seriously. They won't accept because they think the Bruins cheated and bribed the Cup away from Vancouver. I've heard people who honestly think the 2011 Bruins belong in the same category as the Chicago Black Sox. No reasoning will change this opinion. They are as set in their paranoia and conspiracy as those nutjobs who think Elvis is alive or that 911 was an inside job.

wow. That's unbelievable. They lost a game 7 4-0. Shame on the Nucks for throwing the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That they actually think The Final was dirty is bananas.  Talk about desperately grasping at straws.  No disrespect to those in Vancouver who are rational-thinking sports fans but with the kind of logic, actually illogic you describe it's no wonder some reacted in the insane manner we saw post-Cup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If it was a conspiracy, I'd say that Luongo and the Sedins were in on the fix.  So be mad at them.

Sections
Shortcuts