My worst nightmare!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: My worst nightmare!!

In response to Davinator's comment:

So I move to N.B. and meet my future wife...and she is a die-hard Leafs fan. Hasn't been much hockey conflict over our 11 year marriage, but this is going to be a good test for sure!!!

Ouch...good luck with that.

My advice: drink from cans tonight, bottles make for excellent weapons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

WOW! Everytime I beak like that I end up on the wrong end of things. I say nothing until the series is over. This is the playoffs and these are the Bruins ya know that right stuke?

COME ON NITE!  This is the playoffs vs. Toronto!  Why are you all "Oh it could go either way"?  Get behind the boys!  BRUINS IN 4!  Stop the wishy-washy stuff!

Oh no I think the B's take this NAS, but all I'm saying is I don't beak off about it. Too many x's. I'd bet, or beak off & it came back to bite me. 2011 I never said a word to anyone about any series. Even to a miserable mouthy Philly fan who was constantly leaving 2010 all over my locker with the Philly symbol beside it UGH! So, the only time I say anything to anyone is if they start on the B's. Then I say...."I understand not every1 cheers for a recent Stanley Cup champion." That usually shuts them up. Especially Canuck & Hab fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I love that the Bruins are playing Toronto, those gm's in Toronto should be fun to watch. I wonder how much tickets are going for in Toronto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to Davinator's comment:

So I move to N.B. and meet my future wife...and she is a die-hard Leafs fan. Hasn't been much hockey conflict over our 11 year marriage, but this is going to be a good test for sure!!!

Ouch...good luck with that.

My advice: drink from cans tonight, bottles make for excellent weapons.

Sam Adams doesnt come in a can.  No Canadian beers tonight guys!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I've always found Toronto fans to be the typical crazy and not whining, awful, delusional crazy like MTL on VAN. I look forward to them proving me wrong and being impossible to deal with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

no worries

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I love that the Bruins are playing Toronto, those gm's in Toronto should be fun to watch. I wonder how much tickets are going for in Toronto.

I don't know how much tickets are in Leaf land, but a guy that's part of the Leaf PR side of things said there was a 75% markup compared to the regular season. Said they had 9ys & 2 lockouts to make up for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramzz. Show ramzz's posts

Well reporting from Leafs nation, all I can say is wow, this city is going nuts just waiting for The first playoff game in 9yrs, and I can tell you that Mondays game in Toronto scares me for Three reasons. 1) First game in 9yrs in Toronto so the crowd going to be nuts. 2) leafs have confidence and know they can beat the Bruins and have the last line change. 3) The Bruins going back to their lasy ways and we don't have that go too guy that can score for us the big and timely goals when needed.

IMHO I want the Bruins to win in a big way as I don't want to lose to the Leafs but this is going to be a battle and the team with the beat offence will win. And we know how that part of the game as faired so far for the bruins!!! Just have a bad feeling about this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to ramzz's comment:

Well reporting from Leafs nation, all I can say is wow, this city is going nuts just waiting for The first playoff game in 9yrs, and I can tell you that Mondays game in Toronto scares me for Three reasons. 1) First game in 9yrs in Toronto so the crowd going to be nuts. 2) leafs have confidence and know they can beat the Bruins and have the last line change. 3) The Bruins going back to their lasy ways and we don't have that go too guy that can score for us the big and timely goals when needed.

IMHO I want the Bruins to win in a big way as I don't want to lose to the Leafs but this is going to be a battle and the team with the beat offence will win. And we know how that part of the game as faired so far for the bruins!!! Just have a bad feeling about this.

I think the Bruin's should forget about matching lines,just play there game physical,and take it to Leafs,let them worry about matching lines,im with you thought  after first game that the Bruin's were finally ready to go,but after last night,not sure if Bruin's were that good first game or Leafs were just that bad,I guess will see tomorrow,going on night shift I,tape the games,but don't watch if Bruin's loose,sure hope i get to watch some more games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from birbobruins. Show birbobruins's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

I am a huge Bruin fan and I live just 10 min just outside Toronto and you would think they are getting ready for the Cup parade.  I see the flags flying in the windows of cars all over the place, and my work mates are pumped.

So my worst nightmare is to lose to the Leafs it will be like they just won the cup. I can stomache to lose to the Scabs as we are used to it, but surly not the Leafs!!!  Anyone else live around The Toronto area feeling the same??

Tha'ts HABS to you...24 Stanley Cups!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Good stuff, Dav.

Remember:  Chara will never do your laundry and Bergeron will never make you dinner!

True that.

My Leaf lovin' wife and I have a little superstition when we watch each others' teams  play. After each goal we usually high five and "fist bump"(careful, now) each other when their team scores...two goals...two fist bumps. 

After the Leafs first goal on Wednesday, she offered her hand and I obliged. When the Bruins scored, she reluctantly returned the favour...but after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals the offer to high five disappeared. I didn't push it. Chara doesn't do my laundry and Bergeron will never make my dinner...

Saturday, we were out at a banquet for the start of Game 2 but managed to duck out at the start of period 2 with the B's up 1-0. Everyone knew we were taking off to catch the game and we stopped at our favourite watering hole on the way home. The staff and patrons know our hockey alligences and were asking how we were doing so far - if we were OK (no black eyes etc.).

By the time we arrived the game was tied and it went down hill from there. Each time Toronto scored, we exchanged (low key) high-fives. Remember, Chara doesn't do my laundry and Bergeron will never make my dinner...

I would really like to turn it around for Game 3 though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

The mayor of Toronto has proclaimed today as Blue and white day!! Please Bruins stick a knife in these Fans I can't take it anymore. Even the weather guy on TV is wearing a Leaf jersey!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

I live in Quebec City and I can tell you that the buzz around here, beyond the playoffs, is the expectation that the Coyotes could move here during summer time !!! The new Coliseum has been started to work on...an NHL team could play in the old building two seasons until the new one is ready for 2015.

I can't wait to see the Bruins play here like when I was young against the Nordiques ! Please Gary !!!!!

I really hope this happens. It would be great for the NHL on a number of levels.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:

I really hope this happens. It would be great for the NHL on a number of levels.

It would be terrible for the NHL.  They don't need to sell hockey in Quebec City.  Phoenix is all alone out there.  If they pull the team, there is no NHL anywhere in the 1,500 miles between LA and Dallas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

And they'll still get more direct revenue out of the Nordiques than they currently do from that entire 1500m stretch.  As long as the national contract remains national and lucrative, Phoenix can take a little bag of peyote back into the hoodoos and forget all about that little experiment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

And they'll still get more direct revenue out of the Nordiques than they currently do from that entire 1500m stretch.  As long as the national contract remains national and lucrative, Phoenix can take a little bag of peyote back into the hoodoos and forget all about that little experiment.

Certainly, Book, but if it were about direct revenue, they'd have a team in Hamilton by now and certainly would have returned to Quebec City long ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I like the thought above: the only team the Bs have to fear is themselves.  CJ then states the loss to Toronto was due to poor defensive play.  IMO two goals will not win a game, score more.  The old adage, the best defense is offense.   

Remi,  Quebec deserves a NHL team badly.  The noise level in Toronto will probably be much louder than the game in Ottawa last night.  To see a team in Quebec in the newly aligned division would be fantastic.  Real hockey fans.  Floridah is most likely the candidate for moving though.  

In response to Remi72's comment:

I live in Quebec City and I can tell you that the buzz around here, beyond the playoffs, is the expectation that the Coyotes could move here during summer time !!! The new Coliseum has been started to work on...an NHL team could play in the old building two seasons until the new one is ready for 2015.

I can't wait to see the Bruins play here like when I was young against the Nordiques ! Please Gary !!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

I am a huge Bruin fan and I live just 10 min just outside Toronto and you would think they are getting ready for the Cup parade.  I see the flags flying in the windows of cars all over the place, and my work mates are pumped.

So my worst nightmare is to lose to the Leafs it will be like they just won the cup. I can stomache to lose to the Scabs as we are used to it, but surly not the Leafs!!!  Anyone else live around The Toronto area feeling the same??

This was my post before the series even started.

Well my worst nightmare may come true tonight!!!! like I said that this is the leafs stanely cup if they beat the bruins tonight in game 7.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Yep exactly.  At this point playing the way they are I am not sure the Bruins have any chance to go any further if they win tonight but all I want is the leafs gone.  Their fans are so annoying!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Yep exactly.  At this point playing the way they are I am not sure the Bruins have any chance to go any further if they win tonight but all I want is the leafs gone.  Their fans are so annoying!!!

Even if we do win we are going to face Washington not good!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

At least I don't live near many Washington fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

At least I don't live near many Washington fans.

True enough the leaf fan all all over me and it will be bad if we lose tonight to the leafs. I kind of jumped the gun and saying we face wash next round. But I think Wash should win tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

i'm glad the leafs are in it and are getting their fans excited, i hope the Bruins win beat them but it's a good hockey town so good for them

Sections
Shortcuts