My worst nightmare!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

My worst nightmare!!

I am a huge Bruin fan and I live just 10 min just outside Toronto and you would think they are getting ready for the Cup parade.  I see the flags flying in the windows of cars all over the place, and my work mates are pumped.

So my worst nightmare is to lose to the Leafs it will be like they just won the cup. I can stomache to lose to the Scabs as we are used to it, but surly not the Leafs!!!  Anyone else live around The Toronto area feeling the same??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: My worst nightmare!!

In response to Ramz's comment:

I am a huge Bruin fan and I live just 10 min just outside Toronto and you would think they are getting ready for the Cup parade.  I see the flags flying in the windows of cars all over the place, and my work mates are pumped.

So my worst nightmare is to lose to the Leafs it will be like they just won the cup. I can stomache to lose to the Scabs as we are used to it, but surly not the Leafs!!!  Anyone else live around The Toronto area feeling the same??

Welcome to my world - I live in Van 2 train stops away from the Arena. They actually WERE planning the Cup parade. Good luck - it can be frustrating to say the least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If the Leafs beat Boston, so be it. If Boston beats themselves, I'll be disappointed.

I live in NJ and they've mostly forgotten about hockey already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I think that is Burke's nightmare ... once he gets fired the Leafs do good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Would be hard to stomach if disaster should strike, especially after all the chirping I've done to so many of my Leaf fan buddies over the last number of years. 

But, I feel pretty good about the B's chances of keeping the dominance going. I'll be heading to the local sports bar in my Bruins garb to watch the game, have some wings/beer and hopefully celebrate a Bruins series win.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

it truly is a question of whether the B's beat themselves or not......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

it truly is a question of whether the B's beat themselves or not......

Well said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's great for the Leafs fans.  Missing the playoffs for a couple of years is hard.  Missing them for five or six or whatever must be heartbreaking.  I bet the whole city is decked out and buzzing.  That's pretty cool.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I live in Quebec City and I can tell you that the buzz around here, beyond the playoffs, is the expectation that the Coyotes could move here during summer time !!! The new Coliseum has been started to work on...an NHL team could play in the old building two seasons until the new one is ready for 2015.

I can't wait to see the Bruins play here like when I was young against the Nordiques ! Please Gary !!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I have many friends that cheer for the Habs, Leafs Flyers. It's been known that I have 1 rule during any Boston Bruin Stanley Cup run. If the B's are playing your team, we don't interact about our hockey team games. Almost lost a Mtl friend over the debacle a few years when B's were in 1st and lost to 8th Habs. Wasn't good for about 6 months.

Anyways, myself, I don't chirp about nothing till the series is over, (have eaten to much crow for any one man to endure)

If Boston wins, GREAT. Leaf fans can chant ... "next year, next year"

If Toronto wins, crap. But as long as the B's play hard and don't screw up too much? That would be all I expect from them. "Besides we won our Cup 2 years ago. Now it's your turn to move on"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think it's great for the Leafs fans.  Missing the playoffs for a couple of years is hard.  Missing them for five or six or whatever must be heartbreaking.  I bet the whole city is decked out and buzzing.  That's pretty cool.

Well I guess if it were us in the playoffs after a long drought we would be the same. But I guess the Bruins well beat them selves if anything else. GO Bruins Go!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

I think that is Burke's nightmare ... once he gets fired the Leafs do good.

There's talk of Burke being in line for a new job already.  I'm trying to remember where.  Part of that story was how much better the decisions he made look now that he's gone.  Kadri looks like a pretty good pick - best available scorer at 7 in 2009.  He's played fewer than 100 games, but he's 9th in the draft class in scoring, with almost every player ahead of him having played more than a 100 more games.  Lupul acquisition looks like genius.  Phaneuf is going from a Planet Iafrate player with a great set of tools to a dependable #1.  Etc.  Can't live down the return he paid for Kessel, but even that deal is easier to defend the more Phyllis progresses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It's so nice to see the Leafs finally make it to the playoffs. A warm fuzzy feeling for some.

And they will be able to ponder what it takes to win a playoff series, when they are in between shots on the golf course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

I live in Quebec City and I can tell you that the buzz around here, beyond the playoffs, is the expectation that the Coyotes could move here during summer time !!! The new Coliseum has been started to work on...an NHL team could play in the old building two seasons until the new one is ready for 2015.

I can't wait to see the Bruins play here like when I was young against the Nordiques ! Please Gary !!!!!

Hey Remi, I heard a funny story today. I heard a worker for 1 of the contractors building the new arena. He's a Habs fan and took a video of him putting a Montreal Canadiens puck and inserting it into a part of the foundation. I heard there's a big deal talking about tearing it down and taking the puck outta there. Didn't something similar happen when they were renovating Yankee Stadium and a Red Sox fan put his jersey in there somewhere?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

It's so nice to see the Leafs finally make it to the playoffs. A warm fuzzy feeling for some.

And they will be able to ponder what it takes to win a playoff series, when they are in between shots on the golf course.

WOW! Everytime I beak like that I end up on the wrong end of things. I say nothing until the series is over. This is the playoffs and these are the Bruins ya know that right stuke?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

WOW! Everytime I beak like that I end up on the wrong end of things. I say nothing until the series is over. This is the playoffs and these are the Bruins ya know that right stuke?

COME ON NITE!  This is the playoffs vs. Toronto!  Why are you all "Oh it could go either way"?  Get behind the boys!  BRUINS IN 4!  Stop the wishy-washy stuff!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

I know of what you speak. I am in Newmarket, and all my friends know I am a Bruins fan. So if the unspeakable were to happen, then I will hear about it for a long while. Plus I'll be down $60. Don't know what will annoy me more. 

My flag will fly, my jersey will be on, and I will still mock the Leafs fans for liking Kessell. 

I can't dislike or hate the Leafs like I do the schabs. When they do have a deap run, (sooner or later it has to happen) I would have to at least become neutral and hope they do well. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I was born in Southern Ontario and spent my first 37 years there before moving to New Brunswick in 1995.

I have always been a die-hard Bruins fan but always cheered for the Leafs as a close second. Enjoyed their run in '93 when Gilmour almost took them to the Finals against Montreal.

So I move to N.B. and meet my future wife...and she is a die-hard Leafs fan. Hasn't been much hockey conflict over our 11 year marriage, but this is going to be a good test for sure!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good stuff, Dav.

Remember:  Chara will never do your laundry and Bergeron will never make you dinner!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Good stuff, Dav.

Remember:  Chara will never do your laundry and Bergeron will never make you dinner!"

You're obviously single.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Good stuff, Dav.

Remember:  Chara will never do your laundry and Bergeron will never make you dinner!

Chara and Bergeron will never sue you for half your stuff, either.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The only thing I worry about is the resolve that the Leafs will gain next year for being drummed out of the playoffs in the coming days. But even then I'll only be a little bit worried.     

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts