Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty?

In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : How am I off base, I was talking about the Lull in HOF d men, and said after lidstrom and pronger retire, the next class of guys i see having a shot is doughty, maybe weber, maybe johnson if he can recover (he had a great rookie year as an 18 year old)..  All of them were maybes, but doughty is 21 and is already one of the NHL's elite, and has a better offensive game..  Doughtys 4 years younger, think of where he will be at by 25/26.. or more importantly 27-29 when he is actually hitting his prime.. But this was going from the idea that there are no guys in that 28-34 (prime of their careers) that I think have a chance.. Weber is very good, but if he puts up 40 points a year for his career, plays about 15 years, does 600 points get you in??  Cause this was his best season, he is a defensive defensemen with a hard shot, I don't think Chara has any shot at the hall right now either.. I mean I am being hard on him, cause I don't put him in the hall of fame?? 
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

This isnt the 80's when Paul Coffee was getting high point totals.  I don't think the mark of a good dman is pts.  I think the fact he is a young captain, who is an elite dman and is entering his prime with the chance to sign elsewhere next summer makes him probably the best shot along with Keith and possibly Drew. 
    Weber is a defensive dman, but was also 3rd in team scoring as well on a talent starved team, also tallying 16 goals(far from defensive dman), also posting 16 and 23 goal yrs.
    I will make this prediction.  Weber signs in Detroit or gets traded there this winter prior to the deadline.  Lidstrom likely will hand the keys over after one more year. 
    Let me ask you this.  Does Rob Blake and his 777 pts get into the HOF.  I think Blake and Weber are very comparible.  Yet, Weber still hasnt played with any talent and Blake had talents such as Sakic, Gretzky, Forsberg, Thorton, etc etc. 
    As for Chara, although never really a big fan I have to admit that if he plays another 5 strong yrs he likely will get in.  I am not sure there are two players more valuable to their teams than Weber and Chara for that matter.  Chara has won, Chara as a team captain and consistant point totals to match the overall game, plus individual awards should get him some looks.  
    I think the evolution of the game will make it impossible for high scoring dmen to exist.  Green in Wash has very high pt totals and may pass Chara over the next 5 yrs but I highly doubt he gets any consideration. 

I think of the young dmen in todays league Weber has the best chance, he has won individual awards, he has won international gold in junior and olympics, he is a young captain and likely signs with a winning franchise this summer. He is also very durable.  Played in all 82 games last year and 76 the previous year. 

Again, if I could choose one dman his name would be tops on my list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : This isnt the 80's when Paul Coffee was getting high point totals.  I don't think the mark of a good dman is pts.  I think the fact he is a young captain, who is an elite dman and is entering his prime with the chance to sign elsewhere next summer makes him probably the best shot along with Keith and possibly Drew.  Weber is a defensive dman, but was also 3rd in team scoring as well on a talent starved team, also tallying 16 goals(far from defensive dman), also posting 16 and 23 goal yrs. I will make this prediction.  Weber signs in Detroit or gets traded there this winter prior to the deadline.  Lidstrom likely will hand the keys over after one more year.  Let me ask you this.  Does Rob Blake and his 777 pts get into the HOF.  I think Blake and Weber are very comparible.  Yet, Weber still hasnt played with any talent and Blake had talents such as Sakic, Gretzky, Forsberg, Thorton, etc etc.  As for Chara, although never really a big fan I have to admit that if he plays another 5 strong yrs he likely will get in.  I am not sure there are two players more valuable to their teams than Weber and Chara for that matter.  Chara has won, Chara as a team captain and consistant point totals to match the overall game, plus individual awards should get him some looks.   I think the evolution of the game will make it impossible for high scoring dmen to exist.  Green in Wash has very high pt totals and may pass Chara over the next 5 yrs but I highly doubt he gets any consideration.  I think of the young dmen in todays league Weber has the best chance, he has won individual awards, he has won international gold in junior and olympics, he is a young captain and likely signs with a winning franchise this summer. He is also very durable.  Played in all 82 games last year and 76 the previous year.  Again, if I could choose one dman his name would be tops on my list.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I think this is kind of my point, I don't think Blake gets in, I don't see any reason for chara to get in.. These guys are all stars, not the best at their position all time.. If he can stay healthy and play till 44 imaybe, but this isnt about the value to your team..

I was and still am making the point, that i think todays "elite" d men are second tier.. Ken Holland made the comment 3 years ago when chara won the norris saying, yes he is the best in the league, in a league that is really thin..

The norris is almost a crap shoot now.. Lidstrom is there every year and is the oldest guy, other then that, charas been nominated for 2 of the last 3, and he is the only one..   Its not recognizing the best defensemen, and much and the best season from a handful of good defensemen.. I dont think a dman needs 100 points a season to be in the hall, but 50 points a season is mediocre, Scoring Is down, I recognize that, but I am not going to lower my standards so we can put people in HOF discussion.. Doughty's 21, hes the guy i see having the best chance, he is very good defensively, a solid body, and puts up points.. Thats why I said hes the guy i can see making a run.. Webers 25, so he will improve, but if that 48 point season becomes a career high, or an anamoly and he is just very good, and puts up 30-40 points come on..  He will have to do more then he has done..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : I think this is kind of my point, I don't think Blake gets in, I don't see any reason for chara to get in.. These guys are all stars, not the best at their position all time.. If he can stay healthy and play till 44 imaybe, but this isnt about the value to your team.. I was and still am making the point, that i think todays "elite" d men are second tier.. Ken Holland made the comment 3 years ago when chara won the norris saying, yes he is the best in the league, in a league that is really thin.. The norris is almost a crap shoot now.. Lidstrom is there every year and is the oldest guy, other then that, charas been nominated for 2 of the last 3, and he is the only one..   Its not recognizing the best defensemen, and much and the best season from a handful of good defensemen.. I dont think a dman needs 100 points a season to be in the hall, but 50 points a season is mediocre, Scoring Is down, I recognize that, but I am not going to lower my standards so we can put people in HOF discussion.. Doughty's 21, hes the guy i see having the best chance, he is very good defensively, a solid body, and puts up points.. Thats why I said hes the guy i can see making a run.. Webers 25, so he will improve, but if that 48 point season becomes a career high, or an anamoly and he is just very good, and puts up 30-40 points come on..  He will have to do more then he has done..
    I'm not nec disagreeing with you b/c I think we likely enjoyed hockey in the 80's more than at anytime.  But if they base everything on pts I dont think many from this era will make it in.   I mean you look at Datsyuk.  He doesnt win any scoring titles but he simply is one of the best players of this era.  Are they gonna have to drop the standard of 500 goals?  etc etc. 
    To me Blake was a dominant dman of his era.  He won a cup, he won an olympic gold, he has captained teams, he was an all around good players for numerous yrs.  He would get the nod for me.  Does Pronger? He doesnt have the resume Blake does in terms of stats. 
    Todays NHL is a different breed.  Weber is an elite dman in todays league and if he continues his level of play and wins a cup, maybe another gold medal and a few more norris trophys and most important stays healthy I believe he has a shot.  Good pts though and I think we are in the same thought process.  I just think the league is completely different.  To me a guy like Kovalchuk has no place but will likely get in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : I'm not nec disagreeing with you b/c I think we likely enjoyed hockey in the 80's more than at anytime.  But if they base everything on pts I dont think many from this era will make it in.   I mean you look at Datsyuk.  He doesnt win any scoring titles but he simply is one of the best players of this era.  Are they gonna have to drop the standard of 500 goals?  etc etc.  To me Blake was a dominant dman of his era.  He won a cup, he won an olympic gold, he has captained teams, he was an all around good players for numerous yrs.  He would get the nod for me.  Does Pronger? He doesnt have the resume Blake does in terms of stats.  Todays NHL is a different breed.  Weber is an elite dman in todays league and if he continues his level of play and wins a cup, maybe another gold medal and a few more norris trophys and most important stays healthy I believe he has a shot.  Good pts though and I think we are in the same thought process.  I just think the league is completely different.  To me a guy like Kovalchuk has no place but will likely get in. 

See I would give pronger a nod, a close nod but I think he was that "defensive defensemen"  Norris, MVP, stanley cup 2 gold medals.. Blake has an almost identical resume, but I don't think he impacted the game in the same manner..

Bourque, coffey, leetch, stevens, (Lidstrom) the guys who were in the discussion every single year for the norris, not guys who were potential all stars every year is more what I am talking about, is weber that good, or is he duncan keith who might be more up and down?  I give doughty the nod cause of what he has already done at 21, if he doesnt win a norris soon, I will be dissapointed, but he's he was a norris runner up in his second pro year, and his "down year" he was still easily top ten.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Roler, I like your posts but you are off base with Weber and its likely due to that fact that Nashville is never on TV.  Weber in my eyes is the leagues best dman.  Getting pts is a bonus and his shot on the PP is second to no one.  Chara has a harder shot by a little but Weber hits the net with his.  Weber is a outstanding shut down dman and plays all areas of the ice extremely well.  HOF is a bit premature b/c he likely needs to get outta Nashville and into a real hockey market.  But he is easily on his way.  Eric Johnson hasnt been as good as Jack Johnson.  If anything Eric Johnson is a bit of a bust and has already been traded.  If I had to start a team from scratch Weber would be my 1st dman.  He has everything heavy stacked in his favor.  The fact he can get 40+ pts with the lack of talent he has up front even stregthens that argument.  Put him on a team where they have some talent up front and he is getting a Norris every year.  Imagine he had the same players to work with as Keith, Lidstrom and Chara.  Can you name the top 3 scorers on Nashville.  I can't and I eat, breath and sleep hockey all yr round.  Weber showed his abaility at the 2010's where he and Drew were Canadas best dmen. 

Two defensemen drafted high in the first round that have been traded.  More proof that taking defensemen early is a bad idea!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Two defensemen drafted high in the first round that have been traded.  More proof that taking defensemen early is a bad idea!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

God love you you cock-a-roach.  Like a buzzard flying around after a kill looking for a nibble. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Two defensemen drafted high in the first round that have been traded.  More proof that taking defensemen early is a bad idea!

NAS- I have been a quiet supporter of this for the record.  If you look at the drafts of recent yrs especially the number of high draft pick dmen making a large impact on the league is very low.  The 2006 draft is littered with high end profile franchise type fwds. 
    I am sure you have done your homework on your stance and I just did a run down of the last 10 yrs and your point is cemented in. 
    Also, I am not sure you mentioned this but a problem taking dmen early is that they develop slowly and by the time they turn into anchors they are free agent ready.  I mean most dominant dmen have been dealt before their prime.  Chris Pronger is an excellent example.  Some thought he wouldnt be a great dman.  Ummm hello. 

Well the cat is outta the bag.  Shuperman who is a brilliant hockey guy joins the NWO- Nas World Order.  Not sure why all the wrestling references lately. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : NAS- I have been a quiet supporter of this for the record.  If you look at the drafts of recent yrs especially the number of high draft pick dmen making a large impact on the league is very low.  The 2006 draft is littered with high end profile franchise type fwds.  I am sure you have done your homework on your stance and I just did a run down of the last 10 yrs and your point is cemented in.  Also, I am not sure you mentioned this but a problem taking dmen early is that they develop slowly and by the time they turn into anchors they are free agent ready.  I mean most dominant dmen have been dealt before their prime.  Chris Pronger is an excellent example.  Some thought he wouldnt be a great dman.  Ummm hello.  Well the cat is outta the bag.  Shuperman who is a brilliant hockey guy joins the NWO- Nas World Order.  Not sure why all the wrestling references lately. 

Shupe this was cited as a problem in the past because once the player (dman) started to make an impact, or finally hit the nhl their entry level deal was up.. This is not as big of a problem anymore I would argue since your seeing the same thing happen with forwards.. The NHL needs to address the "second contracts" of players.   Players coming off a couple years need to understand there is a payback period, the team has spent millions to develop them, and sell them to a fan base etc, guys going from making 3m to 8 mill over night needs to be addressed...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Shupe this was cited as a problem in the past because once the player (dman) started to make an impact, or finally hit the nhl their entry level deal was up.. This is not as big of a problem anymore I would argue since your seeing the same thing happen with forwards.. The NHL needs to address the "second contracts" of players.   Players coming off a couple years need to understand there is a payback period, the team has spent millions to develop them, and sell them to a fan base etc, guys going from making 3m to 8 mill over night needs to be addressed...

Couldnt agree more.  I blame the owners.  You have a cap.  Their should be a similar process as baseball arbitration where a team controls them for "x" amount of yrs.  I don't think any of these young guys should get 3+ until they have played in the league for 3 yrs as an example.  Base each year on performance from the previous yr when giving a raise.  As good as Drew is and we all agree he is an elite dman.  He shouldn be getting a 7-8 million deal.  Chara got that kind of contract after yrs of earning his trade. 
    When there is another lockout the owners will definitely get the negative feed from me.  Set a standard and live by it.  I also love football where there is only certain guaranteed money and the player can be cut at any time.  Love it. 

But these crazy long front loaded deals are basically a joke.  An owner munipulated the same freaking CBA that they put in place and all the other owners followed.  Make a cap on contract lengths of no more than 5 yrs.  My idea.
    Player:
    1. Signs as a rookie and owes 5 yrs service to the team that drafted him.  Contract can be extended at the end of 4th year for an additional 4 yrs to the 1 yr remaining(5 max). 
    2. At the end of the 5th year player is a UFA. 
    3. Player/s as UFA can only sign 5 year max deals.  No more 9 year contracts that are front loaded.  This also means no front loaded deals.  During the duration of the contract player/s contract cannot increase or decline by more than 20%.  So no 12 million dollar deal followed by a string of  million dollar deals. 

Of course I can see players then holding out more and demanding trades.  BUT at least the team has the power.  They hold out and they lose a year and money.  Not many new players making a name will do this. 

Anyway, I agree. something has to be done.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There are plenty of hard edged defensive defenseman in the Hall of Fame.  Scott Stevens topped 900 points, but only topped 30 once in a decade with the Devils.  Maybe the real marker for the modern Hall is the Kevin Lowe line.  1200+ games, "only" 432 points.  Not in.  Six Cups, seven All Star selections, the anchor of the defense for the Oilers dynasty (Coffey left, as you'll recall).

But compare him to Serge Savard who is in.  8 cups, 4 All-Star selections.  439 points.  Apparently, 7 points is enough to keep you out.

Jacques Laperriere didn't top 300 points, had one Norris and the Calder.  In.

This is hockey's version of the reciever problem in football (Peter King's always bringing it up).  As the NFL has become more and more of a passing league, and receiver is becoming one of the positions that attracts high end athletes, not just speedy guys, the Hall is losing the benchmark for what gets you in and what doesn't. The 70s and 80s post-Orr era raised the bar for D scoring with Potvin, Park, Lapointe, Coffey, Murphy, MacInnis, Stevens, and the all-time D scoring leader.  But that bar has come back down post 90s, and the idea of a point/game defenseman is almost history.  There aren't enough total goals scored for that the happen regularly if at all.  Sure sign?  Scott Niedermayer retired with 740 points.  That number isn't out of reach if Chara plays out his new deal.  It's not out of reach for Weber who will come close if he maintains his ~50pt/season average over his peak decade (he's 26 this year).

You have to hope Hall voters look at a defenseman's impact on the game, and not just his points.  Few players impact the game the way Chara does. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Two defensemen drafted high in the first round that have been traded.  More proof that taking defensemen early is a bad idea!"

A trend that Buffalo (Myers) and Chicago (Seabrook) seem intent on bucking.

I was going to list Keith and Weber but they are both second rounders. Were the scouts off on these two, or does this lend creedence to NaS's point (as in, being slower to develop, their stock isn't as high come draft day)?

Now I'm very interested in following Cam Fowler through the end of his ELC and see which way that falls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Yup, Top heavy and Kesler is a great 2nd line center but who were his wingers.  Yes they had a few injuries but again, once teams figure out the Canuck Blueprint that Chicago mastered they are really a one line team.  It wasnt a slight at your team.  Its stating a very obvious fact.  The problem with the Canucks is that they dont have a true gamer on the roster outside Kesler.  The Gazoo Twins were invisible in the Nashville series as well when they were playing against Weber/Suter.  They were totally thrown off against Chicago for yrs and most recently the Bruins.  They didnt have one player step in and that still shocks me.  Nice team.  Your captain is getting punched in the face by a pest and no one does a thing.  Heart of a loser.  And the rest of the team follows.   My example of the Caps is also with realization that Semin bounces around.  Truth be told they have a mini-kelser in Brooks Laich.  I feel sorry for those two b/c they would chop their leg off to win.  Don't be so sensitive about your team.  I said it to you before.  I tend to go against the flow on here at times and speak what I believe.  Van sure looks nice in the regular season.  They did absolutely nothing to get some grit, and I'm sorry but hockey gods don't like Lapierre.  The Canucks should have begged Philly to get a guy like Richards.  Van had its opportunity and now the league knows how to play against them.  Reg Season is fine, more penalties and such.  But come war time the 1st line is a target.  Kelser and then who?  Higgins?  Raymond? Lapierre? If you don't see that you are blind.  How many yrs does it take for the Van front office to go grab some of the same type players that beat them every year.  Sturm is now on your 2nd line.  Manny is a nice faceoff guy, leader and PK guy but isnt a big pt producer.  Anyway, I am sure its been a long painful summer in Van land.  I really thought last year was their best chance.  Not now.  They have a goalie the city hates and fails everytime in the clutch.  They have a backup that should likely be the starter.  They have a backend that is soft.  Deep yes, but blueprint also has run Bieksa and Co and they will fold.  And they did.  Up front extremely soft for a team that lead the league in hits.  You would think a team that hits that much should be a gritty hard nosed bunch.  I beg to differ.  Kelser deserves better.  But even he was invisible in the finals. 

Hey, you don't have to tell me about the Canucks' weak points -- I watched every minute of the playoffs, too.  Don't forget however, the one guy that the Canucks got specifically for his Finals experience, but couldn't play because of injury, and that's Samuelsson.  He's averaged 20 goals/season for the past 6 years, and his playoff runs with the Wings were the type of stabilizing influence they were counting on.  Kesler's injury severely limited his effectiveness in the Finals; his game is speed and intensity, things very difficult with a torn  hip labrum.  And by the time Raymond was lost, that's two thirds of your #2 line out, and one hobbled. 

This year, when Kesler's healthy, a #2 line of Kesler-Samuelsson-Raymond/Sturm should be good for 70-75 goals (depending when 17 gets back, of course).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Hey, you don't have to tell me about the Canucks' weak points -- I watched every minute of the playoffs, too.  Don't forget however, the one guy that the Canucks got specifically for his Finals experience, but couldn't play because of injury, and that's Samuelsson.  He's averaged 20 goals/season for the past 6 years, and his playoff runs with the Wings were the type of stabilizing influence they were counting on.  Kesler's injury severely limited his effectiveness in the Finals; his game is speed and intensity, things very difficult with a torn  hip labrum.  And by the time Raymond was lost, that's two thirds of your #2 line out, and one hobbled.  This year, when Kesler's healthy, a #2 line of Kesler-Samuelsson-Raymond/Sturm should be good for 70-75 goals (depending when 17 gets back, of course).
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

IMO, Hamhuis getting hurt on his low-bridge of Lucic was the series decider.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

As for taking D early, I'm inclined to go against anything Jim Rutherford thinks just on principle.  The franchise that has made its own fair share of stupid and hasty decisions to trade away D prospects is probably a bit biased.

Think the Whale wished that they hadn't traded Pronger?  Think Tim Gleason was worth Johnson?  Can't say there's a pattern inherent in drafting first round D based on the impatience of certain organizations.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : IMO, Hamhuis getting hurt on his low-bridge of Lucic was the series decider.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Is that the current terminology for "hip check"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Hey, you don't have to tell me about the Canucks' weak points -- I watched every minute of the playoffs, too.  Don't forget however, the one guy that the Canucks got specifically for his Finals experience, but couldn't play because of injury, and that's Samuelsson.  He's averaged 20 goals/season for the past 6 years, and his playoff runs with the Wings were the type of stabilizing influence they were counting on.  Kesler's injury severely limited his effectiveness in the Finals; his game is speed and intensity, things very difficult with a torn  hip labrum.  And by the time Raymond was lost, that's two thirds of your #2 line out, and one hobbled.  This year, when Kesler's healthy, a #2 line of Kesler-Samuelsson-Raymond/Sturm should be good for 70-75 goals (depending when 17 gets back, of course).

Or you could look at it that Samuelson is past his prime and breaking down.  And you could say that Raymond is never gonna be that player they hoped for.  Oh yeah.  2 of the 3 are still hurt. 
    Injuries happen.  Think we didnt have any?  Especially in previous yrs. 
    Your bottom 2 lines stink.  You have an all world 1st line and a great center with so-so wingers.  So I am saying top heavy.  End of argument unless you have a 90's version of Owen Nolan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Is that the current terminology for "hip check"?

I call it karma for all the cheap stuff Van was doing.  The most heartless team in the league without doubt.  No one stands up for the captain after Marchand.  Nothing.  Priceless. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : Is that the current terminology for "hip check"?

He was lower than Marchand was when he flipped Sedin, and if all hip checks are thrown with both hands already on the ice, then yes it was a hip check as his hip was the highest part of his body. Look, I don't dislike Hamhuis or think it was dirty but c'mon, take a look at it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Yah, yah -- everything the Bruins do is fine -- "hard-nosed" maybe, but fine.  Everything the Canucks do is "dirty and cheap";  whatever.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm here at this site voluntarily -- I don't expect objective viewpoints about Bruins players' behaviour.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Yah, yah -- everything the Bruins do is fine -- "hard-nosed" maybe, but fine.  Everything the Canucks do is "dirty and cheap";  whatever. Not that I'm complaining, I'm here at this site voluntarily -- I don't expect objective viewpoints about Bruins players' behaviour.

I didnt have a problem with the hamhuis hit. didnt have a problem with the marchand flip either. i do think the Rome hit was cheap as was the one Paille did earlier in the year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Yah, yah -- everything the Bruins do is fine -- "hard-nosed" maybe, but fine.  Everything the Canucks do is "dirty and cheap";  whatever. Not that I'm complaining, I'm here at this site voluntarily -- I don't expect objective viewpoints about Bruins players' behaviour.

So if you think you're not going to get an objective viewpoint, why are you on this board anyway? I'm not trying to start with you but I really am curious.

Because I don't really think saying "Horton should have kept his head up and not admired his pass"is not very objective either....!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Did I once use the term dirty or imply that the B's are saints?
    You talk about objectivity but the fact is Hamhuis did low bridge him. Take it any way you want. I never said it was a penalty or dirty. The fact is, him throwing that "hip check" may have well cost your team the series. Take that any way you want, but don't imply that I'm not objective. If you don't think "low bridge" is an apt term what do you call it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRZULaUF-8 . Are you objectively saying he didn't go low on Lucic?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If that was directed at me you should ask all the regulars on here.  I have called out just about everyone on the Bruins from Chara-Lucic-Marchand.  Cheap hockey is cheap hockey.  Problem is Boston is more than willing to back it up.  Van tucked their collective tails and went home.  How does that happen?  Still havent given me any insite on that.  How does you captain stand their and take a face mushing from our rat and not one player jumps in.  Those small thinsg won the series for the Bruins.  Van can't fight through it and have no push back.  I almost felt bad for some of them.  Sedin shouldnt have to do that.  But Marchand isnt exactly a fighter- surprised Bieksa didnt come in since he loves putting beatdowns on non-fighters.

It was a great summer.  Van had their shot.  No shame finishing 2nd. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]"Two defensemen drafted high in the first round that have been traded.  More proof that taking defensemen early is a bad idea!" A trend that Buffalo (Myers) and Chicago (Seabrook) seem intent on bucking. I was going to list Keith and Weber but they are both second rounders. Were the scouts off on these two, or does this lend creedence to NaS's point (as in, being slower to develop, their stock isn't as high come draft day)? Now I'm very interested in following Cam Fowler through the end of his ELC and see which way that falls.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

You can give me Seabrook and Suter from the '03 draft, and I'll give you Coburn, Burns and Phaneuf.

Look at '04.  Barker, Smid, Valabik (lol), Meszaros.  All on different teams.

(another interesting note about the '04 draft:  3rd round 75th overall was tough guy Tim Brent)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers At 5.5m-How Much For Doughty? : You can give me Seabrook and Suter from the '03 draft, and I'll give you Coburn, Burns and Phaneuf. Look at '04.  Barker, Smid, Valabik (lol), Meszaros.  All on different teams. (another interesting note about the '04 draft:  3rd round 75th overall was tough guy Tim Brent)

Brent should have signed with Van.  Keep him outta the conference.  Last thing I want is Tim Brent running wild again.