Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension

Does Lindy now think any player can run around directing head shots??  Will there be outrage from Buf, Van, Mon, and Tor with Shanahan's decision?  Looks like the exact hit they want out of the game, direct shot to the head. I guess because the Sabres haven't won anything then the rest of league will stay silent. Way more dangerous than what Lucic did, but Lucic is a Bruin, therefore he's a disgraceful goon for not avoiding a collision with a goalie. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA5ysUDLTeg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension

What are you suggesting the suspension be for?  At the moment, isn't this a "legal head shot"?  As in, no raised elbow, not blind-side, lots of body contact.  Until the league bans all hits to the head, there just isn't a rule-based justification for a suspension here.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Myers looked over at Zubrus, swerved in, applied shoulder to head and went on his way. How is that not an intential shot to the head? Should be suspended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

I thought the new rule bans any direct contact to the head.  Looked liked Myers got all head.  I'm not even sure if I think 100% Myers should be suspended, just interesting that there are no TSN articles of outrage or massive outcries coming from around the league. At the very least, it appears that there is more intent to injure with this hit than Lucic's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

That's a terrible hit!! why does Myers have to leave his feet too he's like 6'8 for chrissakes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension:
    [QUOTE]I thought the new rule bans any direct contact to the head.  Looked liked Myers got all head.  I'm not even sure if I think 100% Myers should be suspended, just interesting that there are no TSN articles of outrage or massive outcries coming from around the league. At the very least, it appears that there is more intent to injure with this hit than Lucic's.
    Posted by blydon75[/QUOTE]
    Rule 48 requires that the head be the primary point of contact (it was close this time) and that the victim not have just put himself in a vulnerable position (which Zubrus did, though ahead of time enough that maybe it shouldn't have come in to play).

I'd say this is more likely to result in an injury than what Lucic did.  This hit falls into the grey area where it looks bad, and maybe it is, but making it clearly a suspendible offense would result in many other hits that don't seem so bad being banned.  The League is reluctant to cast too wide of a net.

As for the media coverage, it is a curious thing, isn't it?  Aside from the obvious reasons (Bad Bruins!  BAD!) maybe it's a novelty issue?  This kind of thing happens almost once a week, while what Lucic did is pretty rare.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i think he has to get suspended for that hit, its not like a boarding call where he turned at the last second, he was skating and myers jumped into him and made direct contact with his head

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Give it a rest.
    That was the same type of incidental head contact Chara makes four times a week simply by being that much larger. If you just want to wind people up try the Buffalo section of HF boards.

In Response to Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension:
    [QUOTE]Does Lindy now think any player can run around directing head shots??  Will there be outrage from Buf, Van, Mon, and Tor with Shanahan's decision?  Looks like the exact hit they want out of the game, direct shot to the head. I guess because the Sabres haven't won anything then the rest of league will stay silent. Way more dangerous than what Lucic did, but Lucic is a Bruin, therefore he's a disgraceful goon for not avoiding a collision with a goalie.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA5ysUDLTeg

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

B&G who peed in your corn flakes?  not complaining about the hit, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the media.  If that was a Bruin, you know it would front page on the hockey web sites and be the focus of a General Managers meeting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i have never seen chara leave his feet like myers did there

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I blame Zubrus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I don't see a problem at all.
    Myers could have pushed him into the boards = suspension.
    Could have had his elbow out = suspension.
    He lowered his body to Zubrus height and followed through his check = good hit.
    I think Zubrus did some acting, trying to draw a penalty. And yes a Bruin would have gotten a penalty. They must know the league is watching them and have to play further from the "edge" for awhile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You're the one who called it the type of shot to the head they want out of the game. Which is one of the dumbest things thats been said here this week, and that takes an amazing amount of doing.

Now you're saying you're not complaining about it? Pick one.

And I don't eat cheerios.

[QUOTE]B&G who peed in your corn flakes?  not complaining about the hit, just pointing out the hypocrisy of the media.  If that was a Bruin, you know it would front page on the hockey web sites and be the focus of a General Managers meeting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Whether you think it's a bad hit or not, you....KNOW this would be a huge story on TSN right now, with 20 pages of angry comments if that exact hit was from a Bruin

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Very true, but probably closer to 50 pages of angry comments at this point.

n Response to Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension:
    [QUOTE]Whether you think it's a bad hit or not, you....KNOW this would be a huge story on TSN right now, with 20 pages of angry comments if that exact hit was from a Bruin
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Considering that the only Bruin comparable that could have made exactly that hit is Chara, I think 50 may be an underestimate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

You guys are right, I think I undershot it

And the comments would mostly look like....

"What do you know?  Another Bruin skates away scott free.  Just proof that Shanny is just a stoog for Campbell and Jacobs." 
    Canucklhead3689 from Kamloops

"ZOMG, when is the league going to do something about the dirtiest team in the league.  NHL is joke for this.  Thanks Bettman"
    Kessel_is_God117 from Hamilton

"I vood av called zee police"   
    Sylvain from Laval

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I didn't have a problem with the hit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't have a problem with the hit.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Jalvis, I also don't have a problem with the hit provided Chara will be given the same treatment if he makes accidental contact with someone's head. It certainly is more difficult for guys that tall to play their game without it happening every so often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Height would be a legitimate excuse, but Zubrus is pretty tall in his own right at 6-5.....
    Didn't get to see the hit (limited internet/TV access) but it sounds like it was borderline, but not suspension worthy.
    However, I think we can all agree that people would be up-in-arms if Big Z did this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Height would be a legitimate excuse, but Zubrus is pretty tall in his own right at 6-5..... Didn't get to see the hit (limited internet/TV access) but it sounds like it was borderline, but not suspension worthy. However, I think we can all agree that people would be up-in-arms if Big Z did this.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    The OP provided a link. Have a look for yourself and let us know what you think. Definite contact with the head whether intentional or not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I still find it funny that there has been zero mention of this hit on TSN.  Not a sniff

Again, it may or may not be a dirty hit, but lets say Chara or Lucic had done it.  It would be top of the page, big story, probably more than one.  With canadien citiens losing their minds over the horrible injustice of it all

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

He's 6'8" and left his feet to deliver the hit. A Bruin does that and it's front page news, no doubt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Come on it was a head shot. He lined him up and everything. These kind of hits need to stop or they need to make those type of hard pads illegal and make them go back to softer padding. Then hit all you want marshmellow shoulers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]Come on it was a head shot. He lined him up and everything. These kind of hits need to stop or they need to make those type of hard pads illegal and make them go back to softer padding. Then hit all you want marshmellow shoulers.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

So any contact in your mind is wrong? I see Myers leaving his feet "after" contact. Hit to head yes, but Zubrus is squating to go around Myers. C'mon, Myers could have hit/pushed Zubrus into the boards. That would be a BAD hit