Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension

Whatever you say is 100% correct, so no reason to respond with any further thoughts.

In Response to Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension:
    [QUOTE]You're the one who called it the type of shot to the head they want out of the game. Which is one of the dumbest things thats been said here this week, and that takes an amazing amount of doing. Now you're saying you're not complaining about it? Pick one. And I don't eat cheerios. In Response to Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I see Myers leaving his feet "after" contact. Hit to head yes, but Zubrus is squating to go around Myers.
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It's the hits where the player leaves his feet before making contact that's the biggest issue.  Many times people leave their feet after the hit:  it's called momentum.  Leaving the feet before the hit is launching.

Likewise, elbows come up all the time during hits.  But there's a difference between it coming up as a follow-thru and leading with the elbow up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

LordByron77 is correct.  I see Myers jumping a bit but he does not have any idea where Zubrus is turning. Lucic's hit was the same only in that way, Lucic did not see Miller as he was skating with his head down (understood in that it was a break away and Lucic is not Tyler Seguin on skates).  No suspension imo.  Myers needs to play like that to be more effective of a player.  Ruff and ready will not bench him for that kind of play for sure. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

dez, by limited, I mean that certain things are screened....like video.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez, by limited, I mean that certain things are screened....like video.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to hear that as I was interested to see what you thought of it. As you can tell, the hit is getting mixed reviews.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Yeah I guess it depends.....
    From what it sounds like, some are saying he left his feet after contact. If that's the case, then I'd say it's clean. It's natural to jump off the ice a little bit, as you're exploding with your legs. If that's what happened, then he actually hit him properly.
    Obviously, if he left his feet prior to.....then it's bad news, particularly because of his height.
    Same thing with the hands.....you can have your elbow tucked, but then explode upwards after contact (unless you hit him in the chin on the way up).
    I wish I could see it, though.....I been in the pen too long, dogg....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I posted on one of the TSN comments sections about how if the Myers hit would have been a Bruin they would all be going nuts over it

Know how many of those hundreds of bitter, angry clowns responded to that?......ZERO.  Bunch of cowards

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I guess it depends..... From what it sounds like, some are saying he left his feet after contact. If that's the case, then I'd say it's clean. It's natural to jump off the ice a little bit, as you're exploding with your legs. If that's what happened, then he actually hit him properly. Obviously, if he left his feet prior to.....then it's bad news, particularly because of his height. Same thing with the hands.....you can have your elbow tucked, but then explode upwards after contact (unless you hit him in the chin on the way up). I wish I could see it, though.....I been in the pen too long, dogg....
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    I actually had to side with Myers on this one. He's a big man that made contact with Zubrus' head. In his defence, Zubrus was reaching out for the puck so his head was lowered.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Myers Hit On Zubrus=No Suspension : I actually had to side with Myers on this one. He's a big man that made contact with Zubrus' head. In his defence, Zubrus was reaching out for the puck so his head was lowered.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

i think that was the main reason there was no suspension.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I still find it funny that there has been zero mention of this hit on TSN.  Not a sniff Again, it may or may not be a dirty hit, but lets say Chara or Lucic had done it.  It would be top of the page, big story, probably more than one.  With canadien citiens losing their minds over the horrible injustice of it all
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

See that's exactly it.  I don't care if Myers won't get suspended and right now trust Shanahan's word . Although I can put my hand on fire that if it were Chara or Lucic there would be another outcry calling the Bruins dirty and bullies.
    it's all in this article:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/milan-lucics-hit-on-ryan-miller-causing-nhl-fans-media-players-and-coaches-to-overreact.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

That hit is fine. He didn't target the head, he just got it because of their size difference. Sucks Zubrus got hurt, but he also knew he was going to get hit and tried to squeeze by. I'm glad he's ok... but this was a hockey play. If Chara made that hit, we'd all be talking about how great it was.