Nabokov signed to 1 year deal...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal...

Doubt he clears wavers to actually make it to Detroit... I wouldn't be suprised if the caps, sharks, or flyers claim him off reentry wavers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Depending on the amount it is for (can't imagine much as there is just under half a season left). It will be interesting to see if anyone claims him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I read that it was reportedly a one year $575,000 deal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

If he was available for Detroit to sign, why wouldn't any of those other teams already have signed him?

Also, if he's coming from the KHL, why would he need to clear waivers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Any player who has left the nhl and is signed back in must clear reentry waivers and the other teams that might claim him were probably waiting for some other team to sign him so they could claim him because that is far easier than signing him and waiting for him to clear waivers which is unlikely

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

he won't clear waivers for that price, as far as the other teams not signing him sooner, its like being hungry but waiting for someone else to make a sandwich and then eating it.  If a team really wants a player, signing him is actually the worst thing you can do, someone else will just scoop him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We got Satan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal...:
    [QUOTE]We got Satan.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    Good point...stranger things have happened

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Since the contract isn't a big cap hit you would think that a team might put in a claim just to block Detroit from getting him.

Osgood is hurt and won't be back till late March, Howard has been in and out of the line up with injuries so Detroit has used AHL goalie Joey MacDonald in games.

Today Detroit called up goalie Jordan Pearce from the AHL not exactly a household name.  With Nabokov you have a goalie that went 44 -10-16 last season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I agree if I am a team like the Sharks I would claim his so Detroit didn't get him.  Letting him go was a big mistake he is a complete skapegoat for their playoff sucking

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

And he's been claimed by the Islanders.  I wonder if they will actually use him, or just took him so they could trade him?  Can you do that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Pierre LeBrun
    They can't trade him to any team unless he clears waivers yet again

Pierre LeBrun
    He also can't be assigned to AHL due to no-move plus due to signings after Dec. 15

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That makes sense.  I guess they plan on using him.  I wonder if we will see a nice late-season surge from the Islanders to pass the Leafs? Innocent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I feel bad for the Wings. They are in desperate need of goalie help and they can't get it because of this idiotic rule. The blues also got screwed off of Wellwood(Sharks) and Svatos (Preds). Very dumb rule

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Might be DrCC, start using some of that $18M in cap space to make a run!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I agree if I am a team like the Sharks I would claim his so Detroit didn't get him.  Letting him go was a big mistake he is a complete skapegoat for their playoff sucking
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Nabby wasn't a scapegoat. He was the goat & never provided solid enough goaltending to help the Sharks advance. Know how I know this? 29 other GM's in the league wouldn't sign him either because they felt the same way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Apparently Nabokov doesn't like the waiver rule, either: he may not report.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]I feel bad for the Wings. They are in desperate need of goalie help and they can't get it because of this idiotic rule. The blues also got screwed off of Wellwood(Sharks) and Svatos (Preds). Very dumb rule
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

F the wings, feel soory for them, did you fall and hit yer freakin head. You are better than this post.

Ps. bring back your old avatar the KFC bucket with cj. pleeeeeaaaaassssse!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal... : Nabby wasn't a scapegoat. He was the goat & never provided solid enough goaltending to help the Sharks advance. Know how I know this? 29 other GM's in the league wouldn't sign him either because they felt the same way.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    I disagree nitemare. I think teams stayed away from him over the summer because his asking price was way too high. He was looking for 5-6 mill and couldnt get it. Had his asking price been something like 2 mill, some team wouldve signed him.

I always felt bad for Nabakov. While he didn't play great in the playoffs, he wasnt the main reason for SJ's lack of playoff success. It's always easy to blame the goalie when the whole team fails

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Surprised this wasn't bumped.  Nabokov got claimed by the Islanders and he is now refusing to play for them.  lol 

What a jerk Garth Snow is even claiming this guy in the first place, I know they are down to their ECHL goalies on the depth chart, but give Nabokov a chance to play for a team that has at least a chance at the playoffs.  I don't even get it, shouldn't Islanders just be playing for the top lottery pick at this point anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]I feel bad for the Wings. They are in desperate need of goalie help and they can't get it because of this idiotic rule. The blues also got screwed off of Wellwood(Sharks) and Svatos (Preds). Very dumb rule
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

cant get goalie help?  they could just do it the old fashioned way and trade for one.  Plus, goalies of Nabokov's level go for 3rd and 4th round picks nowadays.  This is a good rule, it prevents stacking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I just listened to the NHL Network and reports are that Nabokov is fully ready to sit out the entire season without pay instead of reporting to Long Island.  If I were him I would go to the isles and show that I am worth picking up as a ufa this off season.  His career is all but over with this descision

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Nabokov knows what the rules are plus everyone and their dog new he would get claimed on waivers.  This has happened to the Blues twice this season and both players reported to the team that claimed them.  Nabokov needs to stop acting like a spoiled child and live up to the commitment he made when he signed an NHL contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]Nabokov knows what the rules are plus everyone and their dog new he would get claimed on waivers.  This has happened to the Blues twice this season and both players reported to the team that claimed them.  Nabokov needs to stop acting like a spoiled child and live up to the commitment he made when he signed an NHL contract.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    I know that the Blues signed Kyle Welwood and he got claimed by the Sharks but what was the second one?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal... : I know that the Blues signed Kyle Welwood and he got claimed by the Sharks but what was the second one?
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Marek Svotos was signed by the blues and than claimed by Nashville.