Nabokov signed to 1 year deal...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal...

I don't see how people can side with the islanders on this one. People use the argument that snow is trying to make his team better and install a winning environment. I could understand trading roloson and wisnewski in return for good value, but snow gave those guys away for basically peanuts. Giving away 2 of the best players on the team away for peanuts doesnt look like trying to instill a "winning tradition.

It's like applying for a job at a high profile engineering firm, getting the job, accepting it, then finding out you cant work there because Mcdonalds claimed you off waivers. Now you have to work at mcdonalds.

Good for nabby, I wouldnt show up to that toxic waste land known as long island

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Its like Christmas and the white elephant gift exchange, but it only gets passed once....I agree, this is a stupid rule. Why a player chooses who he wants to play with, only to get picked up by a team that is in the cellar. Really stupid. Too bad he didnt make arrangements with another team and work it so Detroit picked him up off waivers...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

In Response to Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal... : Marek Svotos was signed by the blues and than claimed by Nashville.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Ouch, both Nash and SJ are above the Blues now, too bad they didn't wait

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]Its like Christmas and the white elephant gift exchange, but it only gets passed once....I agree, this is a stupid rule. Why a player chooses who he wants to play with, only to get picked up by a team that is in the cellar. Really stupid. Too bad he didnt make arrangements with another team and work it so Detroit picked him up off waivers...
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

You get to pick the team you want to play for in free agency at the beginning of the season.  Nabokov had that opportunity but let it go to make more money. 

This rule prevents players from just waiting around to see which teams are the best then jumping on them.  Without it you would have many top players playing in the KHL for a ton of money, then 2 or 3 top NHL teams signing a bunch of them each for peanuts to get them under the cap and make a run.  No other teams would have a chance to win the cup at all and you would be crying foul about the stacking in the NHL.

This is a great rule,  Nabokov got too greedy and got burned.  He just wants to play for a contender for a shot at a cup?  He should have signed with one in the offseason, like Recchi and countless others before him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

[QUOTE]It's like applying for a job at a high profile engineering firm, getting the job, accepting it, then finding out you cant work there because Mcdonalds claimed you off waivers. Now you have to work at mcdonalds.
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA I really like your example.  Except its more like you could have taken the high profile job 4 months ago, with full awareness that McD's (or anyone else) couldn't claim you then, but could after the season started.  But you still decided to take that chance because of a lucrative overseas short-term opportunity, and it burned you, and now you cry about how unfair it is.  But really your just a greedy fool, all you had to do was sign at the beginning of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE] I don't see how people can side with the islanders on this one. People use the argument that snow is trying to make his team better and install a winning environment. I could understand trading roloson and wisnewski in return for good value, but snow gave those guys away for basically peanuts. Giving away 2 of the best players on the team away for peanuts doesnt look like trying to instill a "winning tradition. It's like applying for a job at a high profile engineering firm, getting the job, accepting it, then finding out you cant work there because Mcdonalds claimed you off waivers. Now you have to work at mcdonalds. Good for nabby, I wouldnt show up to that toxic waste land known as long island
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Roloson was trade because they wanted to bring up Nathan Lawson and get him some NHL expierience this season.  He suffered a knee injury the night before Islander claimed Nabokov.  If he does not get injured I doubt the Islanders Claim Nabokov.  The Islander needed a goalie and one became available and they claimed him.  I do not see anything the Islanders did wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nabokov signed to 1 year deal... : Roloson was trade because they wanted to bring up Nathan Lawson and get him some NHL expierience this season.  He suffered a knee injury the night before Islander claimed Nabokov.  If he does not get injured I doubt the Islanders Claim Nabokov.  The Islander needed a goalie and one became available and they claimed him.  I do not see anything the Islanders did wrong.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    You're right.People are acting like NYI found some loophole that they used but the rules were very clear to all.Nabokov got greedy and wasn't willing to work for his oportunity.Instead he got burned.I don't feel sorry for him.

Sections
Shortcuts