Names on the Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Names on the Cup

Thinking about Caron reminded me of one of those facts you'd expect to be soundbites on a SCF stage, but I haven't heard it yet.  Bruins are playing 3 rookies on regular shifts - Seguin, Marchand, and McQuaid.  Pretty promising.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Names on the Cup:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Names on the Cup : I will say it.  Does this mean Glen Murray and Joe Thorton should be on there as well.  If he doesnt meet the criteria he doesnt meet the criteria. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

We're talking about players that are still on the team. Not a good comparison.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Names on the Cup : He's added as much to this team as Zach Hamill. What he did previously is irrelevant.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I disagree, and I'm pretty confident he'll get his name on the cup IF the B's win the Cup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

An exception would not have to be made for Hnidy - he played in the playoffs. He's qualified. This is the Stanley Cup Final. The stanley Cup Finals (with an s) is the playoff season (as far as I understand it).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

NAS, you know I'm not the biggest Savvy fan on this board. But, even I would give him that much at least.

Let's put it this way: if Savard, Seidenberg, Sturm and Kreijci had not been injured last year...we would be a few days away from celebrating a REPEAT!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Come on Savy's will be on the cup without a question if the Bruins win it.

The Redsox gave rings to Tony C for winning the AL championship in both 1967 and 1975. He was hit by a pitch in 67 which in all reality ended his career. He did play a few more years and was ok not the star he would have been. But in 75 he tried a come back and played in all of 21 games.

Teams are not just the current group playing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RidingwiththeQueen. Show RidingwiththeQueen's posts

I'D LIKE TO SEE RIDING'S NAME ON THE CUP DO YA THINK IT'S POSSIBLE? HE WOULD BE THRILLED

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm just big on the team concept.  I think you should include everyone on the active roster including the spares regardless of whether they were called upon in the final or not.  I would also include a fallen teamate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Come on Savy's will be on the cup without a question if the Bruins win it. The Redsox gave rings to Tony C for winning the AL championship in both 1967 and 1975. He was hit by a pitch in 67 which in all reality ended his career. He did play a few more years and was ok not the star he would have been. But in 75 he tried a come back and played in all of 21 games. Teams are not just the current group playing.
    Posted by BuckNakie[/QUOTE]
    Everyone involved in this will get a cup ring, from trainers to water boys.  But he doesnt deserve his name on the cup.  He did nothing to help them win it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

The automatic qualifications are actually just the Final (last round), not the playoffs as a whole. Hnidy doesn't automatically qualify. I found that to be odd.

And no jinxes here. I made a point to talk about both teams at the start of the thread. Yeesh. C'mon people. 2 wins are needed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't someone put a dog's name on there or something? Classic. No Marc Savard, but Rover McFlufflyface is ok.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

The only name that's etched out is Peter Pocklingtons Father. There's no 'dog name on there. And according to my friend who's the head trainer with the Av's every team can ask for a "special request!" So I think the B's will be putting Savvy's name on there. Or at least requesting it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Names on the Cup:[QUOTE] Let's put it this way: if Savard, Seidenberg, Sturm and Krejci had not been injured last year...we would be a few days away from celebrating a REPEAT! Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

^In Stereo!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

If Vancouver wins tonight we will have half the people on here saying what went wrong with our cup run and throwing in the towel.  Lets actually win it before we worry about the engraving.