NAS & CHOWDA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS & CHOWDA

Lookit you two! I don't care who started what; i don't care who said what to WHO! This board relies on both of you to help keep things intelligent! I want BOTH of you to stop this bickering & make this board better than what it already is. (for the most part) BOTH of you have knowledge & insight that I look forward to reading! The time & space that you both use to bicker back & forth is space wasted that I could use to learn something! YEA! That's right. I'm making this about ME! I may or may not agree & kiss your behinds on certain things; but I count on BOTH of you to maybe set me straight when I may take things too far! When I see a Chowda or a NAS thread? Without hestistation I click on it! Why? I know at least 9/10 it's something worthy of reading! Or; something that I want to contribute to; because when I can contribute to EITHER of your threads I feel more knowledgeable & intelligent!

I have as much pride as the next guy; & I'm as stubborn as mule at times. It sucks that I have had to apologize to certain individuals on here; like AHEM; an R....er! But I did it! If I can do it for the KING of the the IDIOTS. You two have it in you to do the same! You don't even have to apologize; because not everybody has it in them to do that; but just bury this BS & enlighten us with your hockey knowledge & make this forum better! Please?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: NAS & CHOWDA

Nice sentiment.  This should be solely directed at Chowdakid.  Do some research and you'll see that I never fire the first volley.  I will sure as heck respond to every barb he lays down, however.

I'm sorry, Nite.  I know it isn't the most fun to read, and it's not why people are here, but there isn't a chance I'll just lay back and let ANYONE take consistent shots at me with no response.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I tend to agree with Nite here. I appreciate both NAS and chowda, and while I've disagreed with both at times, I respect their opnions. This fued adds little to the site IMO.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm an eternal optimist so I see some good in everything.

At least it's better than Kanes and Winesock exchanging gibberish.

And while NAS is fighting Chowda he's too busy to pick fights with other people.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to NAS & CHOWDA:
    Lookit you two! I don't care who started what; i don't care who said what to WHO! This board relies on both of you to help keep things intelligent! I want BOTH of you to stop this bickering & make this board better than what it already is. (for the most part) BOTH of you have knowledge & insight that I look forward to reading! The time & space that you both use to bicker back & forth is space wasted that I could use to learn something! YEA! That's right. I'm making this about ME! I may or may not agree & kiss your behinds on certain things; but I count on BOTH of you to maybe set me straight when I may take things too far! When I see a Chowda or a NAS thread? Without hestistation I click on it! Why? I know at least 9/10 it's something worthy of reading! Or; something that I want to contribute to; because when I can contribute to EITHER of your threads I feel more knowledgeable & intelligent! I have as much pride as the next guy; & I'm as stubborn as mule at times. It sucks that I have had to apologize to certain individuals on here; like AHEM; an R....er! But I did it! If I can do it for the KING of the the IDIOTS. You two have it in you to do the same! You don't even have to apologize; because not everybody has it in them to do that; but just bury this BS & enlighten us with your hockey knowledge & make this forum better! Please?
    Posted by nitemare-38

Good effort nite ! But be realistic. If it wasn't me he's bickering with it would be someone else. His confrontations with others are beyond countable. Am I in the same echelon as him ?  Just take his advice and do the research. Watch how many silly barbs he gets into compared to me ( I think this would be a good tracker thread this year replacing other tracker threads ! ). 

If I disagree or agree with with him I don't need his blessings to post whether it's sarcastic ( he hates my sarcasm ) or otherwise.

Just save this thread and down the road you can use it eventually . Replacing Chowda with another name.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA:
    Nice sentiment.  This should be solely directed at Chowdakid.  Do some research and you'll see that I never fire the first volley.  I will sure as heck respond to every barb he lays down, however. I'm sorry, Nite.  I know it isn't the most fun to read, and it's not why people are here, but there isn't a chance I'll just lay back and let ANYONE take consistent shots at me with no response.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Research done . Volley initiated by you after my Camara post when I tried to contribute to your prospects thread .

Chowda, you get an F for reading, an F for execution and an F for effort.

If the idea was to copy and paste from HF, a single link would do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No need for this Nite, we are fortunate to ave both NAS and CHOWDA giving us their thoughts on a regular basis. We also appreciate most of your comments, and along with DEZ and BADHAB, and Red, and Fletcher and DOC these threads are a wealth of perspective. So thanks to all mentioned and please keep the comments coming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA : Research done . Volley initiated by you after my Camara post when I tried to contribute to your prospects thread . _____________________________________________________ Chowda, you get an F for reading, an F for execution and an F for effort. If the idea was to copy and paste from HF, a single link would do.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I have to agree with Chowda on this one...100% initiated by NAS.  No further research needed, we all know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Well, one of these posters annoys me with his arrogance and smugness half the time he posts, and the other has never bothered me before.  I have had good exchanges with both.

It seems pretty obvious to me what the problem is, the active users of this board are 100 percent willing to accept rude dismissive language as long as the poster is knowledgeable enogh about hockey.  I have stopped expressing this opinion on this board in general because the consesncus is so unanimous.  I only step out and present this thought now because the thread is regarding this topic specifically.

The problem is not so much the poster in question, but with this mob mentality of acceptance due to the presence of a great genius.  When we start treating eveybody with equal respect or at least, some minimal standard of respect, then issues like these will take care of themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Well, one of these posters annoys me with his arrogance and smugness half the time he posts, and the other has never bothered me before.  I have had good exchanges with both. It seems pretty obvious to me what the problem is, the active users of this board are 100 percent willing to accept rude dismissive language as long as the poster is knowledgeable enogh about hockey.  I have stopped expressing this opinion on this board in general because the consesncus is so unanimous.  I only step out and present this thought now because the thread is regarding this topic specifically. The problem is not so much the poster in question, but with this mob mentality of acceptance due to the presence of a great genius.  When we start treating eveybody with equal respect or at least, some minimal standard of respect, then issues like these will take care of themselves.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Great point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Well, one of these posters annoys me with his arrogance and smugness half the time he posts, and the other has never bothered me before.  I have had good exchanges with both. It seems pretty obvious to me what the problem is, the active users of this board are 100 percent willing to accept rude dismissive language as long as the poster is knowledgeable enogh about hockey.  I have stopped expressing this opinion on this board in general because the consesncus is so unanimous.  I only step out and present this thought now because the thread is regarding this topic specifically. The problem is not so much the poster in question, but with this mob mentality of acceptance due to the presence of a great genius.  When we start treating eveybody with equal respect or at least, some minimal standard of respect, then issues like these will take care of themselves.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Well said.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This "F" business barely registers in the long story of Chowdah v. NAS.  And if that's "instigating" then point to a divergence of opinion on this board that isn't instigating.  To be fair, NAS specifically said "don't just cut and paste from HF," so you could make just as strong an argument that Chowdah was tweaking NAS by doing exactly what he asked people not to do.  But reading through the whole thing, I didn't see a single word that would cause anyone to blink twice if there wasn't history between these two.

As for overall tone etc., NAS's range is well within the limits of my experience of good pub discussions, and easily within the borders of the kind of give and take you hear on almost any bench.  Much different from trollishness or taking an unprovoked shot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I was just trying to help bury the hatchet for two great & knowledgeable posters. I think they have a lot to offer. I appreciate both of them for different reasons.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ugh, can't believe there is another thread about this (and that I am even responding).  No offense to nite, who I really like, but these threads ARE the problem.

Treating everyone the same, also entails not focusing so much on what one poster here does, and having him regularly become the topic of threads here.

No offense meant to NAS, but can we all just pledge to have no more threads about him??  We are all here to talk hockey, not get into the dramas and subplots of particular posters.  NAS has had so many threads about him, that I think everyone (including NAS) is probably sick of it.

NAS started what has become an interesting thread about prospects.  Chowdah can certainly be forgiven for pasting HF info, because he is probably the most informed person here about junior hockey prospects (as NAS alluded too).  Perhaps NAS expected more because Chowdah is always one of the best posters here.  Why NAS seems to throw stones at Chowdah, or red, or duinne, makes no sense to me at all, but it is normal in a community this large that not everyone is going to be cool all the time.  Of course NAS throws the first stone sometimes too -- if you think he is wrong, just say so.  Chowdah seems to be handling this just fine.

Can we all just chalk NAS up as a smart, interesting poster, who is sometimes a bit of a d*ck??

No big deal, back to hockey...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I like both as well.  I have no issue with them bickering either.  This isn't church.  It entertains me. 

Man I need the season to start soon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like both as well.  I have no issue with them bickering either.  This isn't church.  It entertains me.  Man I need the season to start soon
    Posted by shuperman

Shut up Shupe.  You're the worst poster in the history of the internet, and I bet you smell bad in person too.

...and Tim Brent could beat up Raffi Torres. ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This "F" business barely registers in the long story of Chowdah v. NAS.  And if that's "instigating" then point to a divergence of opinion on this board that isn't instigating.  To be fair, NAS specifically said "don't just cut and paste from HF," so you could make just as strong an argument that Chowdah was tweaking NAS by doing exactly what he asked people not to do.  But reading through the whole thing, I didn't see a single word that would cause anyone to blink twice if there wasn't history between these two. As for overall tone etc., NAS's range is well within the limits of my experience of good pub discussions, and easily within the borders of the kind of give and take you hear on almost any bench.  Much different from trollishness or taking an unprovoked shot.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Total bullsh%t comment BB. I skimmed though the original post not paying attention to his specific guidelines. I was trying to contribute because no one else was. Tweaking him was not intended at all .Thanks for trying to figure out the situation with false comments.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Ugh, can't believe there is another thread about this (and that I am even responding).  No offense to nite, who I really like, but these threads ARE the problem. Treating everyone the same, also entails not focusing so much on what one poster here does, and having him regularly become the topic of threads here. No offense meant to NAS, but can we all just pledge to have no more threads about him??  We are all here to talk hockey, not get into the dramas and subplots of particular posters.  NAS has had so many threads about him, that I think everyone (including NAS) is probably sick of it. NAS started what has become an interesting thread about prospects.  Chowdah can certainly be forgiven for pasting HF info, because he is probably the most informed person here about junior hockey prospects (as NAS alluded too).  Perhaps NAS expected more because Chowdah is always one of the best posters here.  Why NAS seems to throw stones at Chowdah, or red, or duinne, makes no sense to me at all, but it is normal in a community this large that not everyone is going to be cool all the time.  Of course NAS throws the first stone sometimes too -- if you think he is wrong, just say so.  Chowdah seems to be handling this just fine. Can we all just chalk NAS up as a smart, interesting poster, who is sometimes a bit of a d*ck?? No big deal, back to hockey...?
    Posted by Fletcher1

I am not a frequent poster, but I always read the Bruins blogs here on BDC. Of the four major sports blogs on this website, the Bruins one is the most informative and the least infested by poster quarrels.

I am a big hockey fan (though I have never competitively played) and rely on the knowledge of the regular posters to help learn more about the sport.

The comment I bolded pretty much sums it up. No reason that posters on this board can't have a personality of their own as long as it stays relatively respectable. I say relatively because there's also nothing wrong with an occasional poke or joke. Lighten up a little. I get many laughs out of some of NAS's posts and I that's partly a reason why I return to read these boards. As for Chowdah, he is a great poster as well and I always respect his opinion because I am certain he knows more about hockey than I.

Now nothing to see here, move along...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I like both as well.  I have no issue with them bickering either.  This isn't church.  It entertains me.  Man I need the season to start soon
    Posted by shuperman

Aww go write a ticket!! Who asked for ur opinon! Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ugh, can't believe there is another thread about this (and that I am even responding).  No offense to nite, who I really like, but these threads ARE the problem. Treating everyone the same, also entails not focusing so much on what one poster here does, and having him regularly become the topic of threads here. No offense meant to NAS, but can we all just pledge to have no more threads about him??  We are all here to talk hockey, not get into the dramas and subplots of particular posters.  NAS has had so many threads about him, that I think everyone (including NAS) is probably sick of it. NAS started what has become an interesting thread about prospects.  Chowdah can certainly be forgiven for pasting HF info, because he is probably the most informed person here about junior hockey prospects (as NAS alluded too).  Perhaps NAS expected more because Chowdah is always one of the best posters here.  Why NAS seems to throw stones at Chowdah, or red, or duinne, makes no sense to me at all, but it is normal in a community this large that not everyone is going to be cool all the time.  Of course NAS throws the first stone sometimes too -- if you think he is wrong, just say so.  Chowdah seems to be handling this just fine. Can we all just chalk NAS up as a smart, interesting poster, who is sometimes a bit of a d*ck?? No big deal, back to hockey...?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fair enough Fletch. Thx for the kind words.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Yawn....must be the off season.

Sections
Shortcuts