NAS & CHOWDA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: NAS & CHOWDA

NAS and CHOWDA, well, both are viable posters.  Chowda I like because he does see players in juniors or has his pulse on the junior leagues.  Being from NH I need his views.  NAS has bothered me over the past few years with his condescending remarks, I have now overlooked those comments as a part of his personality.  He loves the sport of hockey.  He loves the Bs.  Within his one liners, one can find a very knowlegeable fan.  NAS does create interest on the board.  So in those thoughts, I will say both are valuable posters.  If I was sitting at a local bar next a person who I did not like and he or she was commenting on the Bs, I would listen and have a conversation.  I view posters on here in the same manner.  Try teaching for 30 some odd years, you learn that there are a lot of interesting people out in the world worthy of an ear.  Cheers.  Go Bs.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Wow.  Really.  And over-reacting never contributes to any of this....  The weird thing is that, on that thread, the exchange between you goes on to make perfect sense.  There's disagreement but nobody's calling anybody names (that I remember).  NAS even pays you a compliment. 

There's nothing false about my comment Chowdah.  It's a function of the medium that people don't know if you skimmed the thread or read it thoroughly and chose to do precisely what the OP asked people not to do.  No way to know, and no way to know what you intended.  The only thing to go on is what you put on the screen. 

So what did I say that has you calling bullschist on me?  I said someone could take it that you were trying to tweak NAS - specifically, I could see NAS taking it that way.  I also said that either way, that's a pretty lame provocation if NAS's post is "initiating".  He said you didn't read what he asked (F for reading).  You just said you didn't read it, you skimmed it.  The other F's were basically a consequence of the first.  On the rest of the thread, you talk about having put in the effort before and on other players - and no one doubts you on that.  But on this one, you cut and paste from one of the most commonly cited prospect sites.  Not a lot of effort visible in that.  So he called you on what you put on the screen - based on what he saw.  No different from people now calling NAS because they assume he's trying to initiate something.

Could he have said "Gee Chowdah, I was hoping we'd get a report from you that's based more on your time in OHL rinks - stuff that the media isn't telling us because they're not really following Camara that closely."  But most of the sports conversations I've had in rinks, on fields, in bars are less likely to let a little miscommunication slide.  He ripped you for missing a detail - hardly a personal assault on your character.  Notice how I'm not calling you names for making snide remarks about a post of mine you mistook?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This was not intended to get others bickering! BB you're just as knwledgeable as well. So; this thread was started to try & make peace; not cause more feuds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nite, I can understand your intent.  Truthfully, however, do some research on the cause of any of this. 

Here's a decent place to start:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a7031de51-9ba1-46b1-a093-0acd30c769d3&plckCurrentPage=4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

And so it goes on...the way this thing spirals on is like a script.

Back and forth...and then come the NAS bashers to call him a jerk...and then come the NAS apologist committee to explain why someone else shouldn't offended and so forth...

Yawn.  Enough.  Kill the thread.  Argue about hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Gulp! Sorry Fletch!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I guess I'm just a bit confused here.  A guy consistently attacks/prods/starts stuff with me and when I defend myself, I'm guilty.

I take a lot of heat around here, some of it is warranted, and almost all of it rolls off my back and I ignore it.  When it's the same person again and again, eventually I do defend myself.

And I see nothing wrong with that.  I am pretty sick of it, honestly.  The guy looks for a fight all the time, and when it comes his way, he goes all Alexander Burrows and hides behind the nearest ref.  When he gets called for a penalty, he raises his hands to the roof and asks, "Who me?  What?  What did I do?"

Enough.  I don't start anything with him.  I finish it, but I never start anything with him.  Stop freakin' making me out to be the bad guy in this instance.  If you guys want the repeated stupidity to stop, ask Chowda to stop.  And then it all stops.

Until he does, it won't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA:
    [QUOTE]I guess I'm just a bit confused here.  A guy consistently attacks/prods/starts stuff with me and when I defend myself, I'm guilty. I take a lot of heat around here, some of it is warranted, and almost all of it rolls off my back and I ignore it.  When it's the same person again and again, eventually I do defend myself. And I see nothing wrong with that.  I am pretty sick of it, honestly.  The guy looks for a fight all the time, and when it comes his way, he goes all Alexander Burrows and hides behind the nearest ref.  When he gets called for a penalty, he raises his hands to the roof and asks, "Who me?  What?  What did I do?" Enough.  I don't start anything with him.  I finish it, but I never start anything with him.  Stop freakin' making me out to be the bad guy in this instance.  If you guys want the repeated stupidity to stop, ask Chowda to stop.  And then it all stops. Until he does, it won't.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Are you off limits to any kind of criticism directed your way at what you post ? If the answer is yes then I'll stop. If the answer is no then what's the problem ? 

I believe I should be able to respond to anyone just like you do. If I disagree with you then yes I will tell you. You don't like my style . That's too bad because we had the same conversation about your style a year ago. I echo your reply " I won't change".

Like Fletch says " kill the thread " and talk hockey . The Great One ( no not Gretzky ) might like to be the center of attention but I don't. I will not respond to this thread after this post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

They're arguing hockey and that's a big improvement on the KD clown show that I find myself caught up in. Every time I post on the KD thread, I look afterwards, slap myself in the head and wonder what the **** I was thinking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

F em both I say.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA : Shut up Shupe.  You're the worst poster in the history of the internet, and I bet you smell bad in person too. ...and Tim Brent could beat up Raffi Torres. ;)
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

My arm pits smell like cat pee, my twig and gigs smell like vinegar for some reason and my breath smells like a litter box.  Other than that I smell pretty good. 

Tim "The BattleShip" Brent.  Still one of the better moments on here.  And you are an excellent sport. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA : My arm pits smell like cat pee, my twig and gigs smell like vinegar for some reason and my breath smells like a litter box.  Other than that I smell pretty good.  Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's right...you're an RC....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]They're arguing hockey and that's a big improvement on the KD clown show that I find myself caught up in. Every time I post on the KD thread, I look afterwards, slap myself in the head and wonder what the **** I was thinking.
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

So it's your fault.   I was wondering how that thread keeps going on and on and on and......   I've been to afraid to read any of it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]I guess I'm just a bit confused here.  A guy consistently attacks/prods/starts stuff with me and when I defend myself, I'm guilty. I take a lot of heat around here, some of it is warranted, and almost all of it rolls off my back and I ignore it.  When it's the same person again and again, eventually I do defend myself. And I see nothing wrong with that.  I am pretty sick of it, honestly.  The guy looks for a fight all the time, and when it comes his way, he goes all Alexander Burrows and hides behind the nearest ref.  When he gets called for a penalty, he raises his hands to the roof and asks, "Who me?  What?  What did I do?" Enough.  I don't start anything with him.  I finish it, but I never start anything with him.  Stop freakin' making me out to be the bad guy in this instance.  If you guys want the repeated stupidity to stop, ask Chowda to stop.  And then it all stops. Until he does, it won't.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

My last word on the subject as well, I promise.
    NAS, you run around this board seemingly looking for opportunities to belittle somebody for their opinion, or call them on a minor factual error, or even a typo.   It may be possible that you are feeling victimized in this situation, and it may even be possible that you are the victim.  However,  your previous behavior paints you as the aggressor, so when I see an exchange like the one that took place, I see you being over critical of chowda's post. That was my perception, and with nothing else to go on but the words on the screen and past posts, your not going to get the benefit of doubt from many around here.  It's a simple consequence of your way of interacting.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA :  NAS, you run around this board seemingly looking for opportunities to belittle somebody for their opinion, or call them on a minor factual error, or even a typo.  
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Well, that's just not true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA :  However,  your previous behavior paints you as the aggressor, so when I see an exchange like the one that took place, I see you being over critical of chowda's post. That was my perception, and with nothing else to go on but the words on the screen and past posts, your not going to get the benefit of doubt from many around here.  It's a simple consequence of your way of interacting.
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with taking my lumps from anyone.  People shouldn't get upset with me for firing back.  People want the "feud" to end?  Have the instigator stop instigating.

Until then, I'll continue to fire back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS & CHOWDA : Are you off limits to any kind of criticism directed your way at what you post ? If the answer is yes then I'll stop. If the answer is no then what's the problem ?  I believe I should be able to respond to anyone just like you do. If I disagree with you then yes I will tell you. You don't like my style . That's too bad because we had the same conversation about your style a year ago. I echo your reply " I won't change". Like Fletch says " kill the thread " and talk hockey . The Great One ( no not Gretzky ) might like to be the center of attention but I don't. I will not respond to this thread after this post.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Typical cowardly "who me?" response.  I'd expect nothing less.

You're the cause of the problem.  You can also be the solution.  It's entirely up to you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Nite, you da man. I like this place, it's really one of the few places I come on the internet regularly. Re these 2 posters; I read everything either of them say but also accept that they are going to continue with the thrust and parry ad infinium. They are also two of the most knowledgable posters here by far, and both provide hockey insights I don't receive anywhere else.
    The barbs don't seem to hurt them, heck, they don't even know each other. I don't think it affects either of their lives for the worse, so why should it bother this imaginary fraternity? Nothing changes nor should it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE] Nite, you da man. I like this place, it's really one of the few places I come on the internet regularly. Re these 2 posters; I read everything either of them say but also accept that they are going to continue with the thrust and parry ad infinium. They are also two of the most knowledgable posters here by far, and both provide hockey insights I don't receive anywhere else. The barbs don't seem to hurt them, heck, they don't even know each other. I don't think it affects either of their lives for the worse, so why should it bother this imaginary fraternity? Nothing changes nor should it.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Yea; you're probably right. Their bickering probably bothers me more than it does them eh? lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Nas and Chowda are hopeless  Posters that I've put on ignore a long time ago !

The rest of you  appeasers  should do the same. Believe me, there are plenty of decent Posters on this sight to enlighten us about the sport and team we love.

NAS, Chowda, Dez etc...go  away !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Nas and Chowda are hopeless  Posters that I've put on ignore a long time ago ! The rest of you  appeasers  should do the same. Believe me, there are plenty of decent Posters on this sight to enlighten us about the sport and team we love. NAS, Chowda, Dez etc...go   away !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

You're missing a lot of good posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nas and Chowda are hopeless  Posters that I've put on ignore a long time ago ! The rest of you  appeasers  should do the same. Believe me, there are plenty of decent Posters on this sight to enlighten us about the sport and team we love. NAS, Chowda, Dez etc...go   away !
    First you cry about your own hurt feelings and then you're trying to tell others how they should feel. Maybe you should just put your big girl panties on and quit sulking. Is this all because of the "pay cut" that you guaranteed us all Kaberle would be "forced to take"? I can't help but notice your refusal to man up and apologize as you claimed you would. I guess no one should be surprised that someone with feelings as fragile as yours is incapable of acting like a man. Good luck with that ma'am.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

And you ain't 1 of them! I can tell you that much!

Sections
Shortcuts