NAS I bet you can't do that move

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: NAS I bet you can't do that move

Great goal. I doubt very much that any of you can pull that move off when you need to .. only other NHL player ive seen do it is Pavel Datsyuk and i guess he has no hands either?

Did anyone see the interview on comcast last night where Thorton unloaded on the vancouver sports writer trying to defend the canucks antics from Saturday? and gave the perfect answer when asked .. What do you think of them saying marchand will get his and that someone will hurt the kid? He suddenly got a whole lot more serious and a nice simple answer "Not while I'm here".

Thats the reason why the bruins need Mr. Thorton, because he is a team player and knows his role and is the best in the NHL at it, when you combine the fact that he can take a regular shift and not hurt your team doing it. Bruins need to resign Campbell, Kelly, and Thorton soon.

heres a link to some of the interview for them who missed it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: NAS I bet you can't do that move:
    [QUOTE]And for the record, I could do that move.  Most hockey players can.  There are sweet stickhandlers in the ECHL who can execute moves 100 times more difficult.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Crap I did that move 10x in my garage with my street hockey stick right after Thorton scored it.. I must be ECHL level.

I think the delimiting factor is that Thorton beat an NHL caliber goalie with that move. I score with spinorama's all the time doesnt mean I would score on Pavelec with one.

I hope this was a NAS "image" post and not serious.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

All we know NAS is Rick Middleton and the reason why he doesn't like skating clowns is for that cross check to the teeth he got from a skating clown.

That move was as dirty as it gets and he showed good speed coming out of the box to create the penalty shot (that's right Chowdah)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I bet NAS can spell his name right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nice move by ST.  Again, during the regular season I don't mind having him.  I love the PJ Stock interview where both were called up around the same time.  Both fought...and Thornton was excited telling PJ that they were in the NHL.  In the middle of a tilt.

He definitely has a career on TSN for sure.  Works hard, fights all comers and appears to be a good leader.  BUT...come playoff time his role needs to be reduced to teams with similar element.

Nice move

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I bet NAS can spell his name right.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I cut and pasted from someone else here LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Nice move by ST.  Again, during the regular season I don't mind having him.  I love the PJ Stock interview where both were called up around the same time.  Both fought...and Thornton was excited telling PJ that they were in the NHL.  In the middle of a tilt. He definitely has a career on TSN for sure.  Works hard, fights all comers and appears to be a good leader.  BUT...come playoff time his role needs to be reduced to teams with similar element. Nice move
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Although I don't think Stu wanted to fight him last night.  In an interview Thornton said he had lunch with him this week and they're friends.
    Maybe they have different morals on fighting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS I bet you can't do that move : Although I don't think Stu wanted to fight him last night.  In an interview Thornton said he had lunch with him this week and they're friends. Maybe they have different morals on fighting.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Playing Junior in Halifax we often went out with guys from the other team.  I have seen some very good friends in excellent hockey fights.  Later buying rounds for each other. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's amazing what you can try when you're playing in the adult over-300-pound league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS I bet you can't do that move : Crap I did that move 10x in my garage with my street hockey stick right after Thorton scored it.. I must be ECHL level. I think the delimiting factor is that Thorton beat an NHL caliber goalie with that move. I score with spinorama's all the time doesnt mean I would score on Pavelec with one. I hope this was a NAS "image" post and not serious.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Look at the headline of the thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Once again Thornton has made those , like me, who are critical, eat our words. I've always given him credit for effort, and now the "effort" paid off on the penalty dance/shot.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I'm not eating crow.  The guy scored on a penalty shot.  If that makes a player great, what does it do to those who don't score on penalty shots?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS I bet you can't do that move : Look at the headline of the thread.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

So I was right. Its an easy move to do.

Would it have helped if he specified "Nas I bet you cant do this move in a live NHL game on a penalty shot against Pavelec"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Add keeping pace with a Kenyan marathoner for 100 feet to the list of things he can do. Man, I love this thread !